Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 23-05-2020, 12:03 AM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Cubase

Any Cubase experts on here? I'm new to the whole thing, but trying to record some stuff using my synthesiser. I've reached the point where I've managed to finalise a few things to a reasonably decent level but, frustratingly, have now reached the limit of my knowledge and technical know-how.

I realise there are a lot of tutorials out there on YouTube, but probably require a bit of one-to-one guidance to solve a few issues and get me back on track (see what I did there?) Any help from those in the know would be very welcome!
Old 25-05-2020, 09:28 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
I used to make MIDI sequences in Cakewalk, but I would enter notes on a musical staff and then apply performance data with the mouse in controller and piano-roll views. I couldn't see what I was doing without a staff view, which I think Cubase didn't have (maybe it does nowadays). Usually it was piano music and I would use velocity to simulate the touch and controller 7 to simulate arm weight with controller 64 obviously for the damper pedal. A little 91 to make it sound as if it wasn't being played in a fish-tank too.

What actual issues are you having? Warning; I am shite at modern music.
Old 25-05-2020, 10:01 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
The Internet Archive website has loads of stuff related to CUBASE

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 25-05-2020, 10:26 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Thanks chaps. Chateau, I've linked my synth to cubase on my laptop via an audio interface and have been able to record some fairly rudimentary music using Midi and both internal and external instruments.

All good up to that point, but I'm supposed to be able to control the functions of Cubase using the buttons on the synth - and the thing won't play ball at all.

The control element would come in handy for speed and save my back from hunching over the computer. It's not a deal-breaker, but does make life more difficult and, if someone knew the solution, that would really help. I'm sure I'm missing something fairly basic.

HD, thanks for the tip. I'll have a trawl through there tomorrow and see if it turns up any answers.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:38 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Are you using an actual synth or is it just a midi controller?

I use a Novation Launchkey with Cubase, it's just a midi controller and doesn't produce any sounds itself. It communicates with the virtual instruments in cubase to produce sound and record midi data.

It also has controls for the mixer levels and pans, and play / loop / record. These work in cubase, or they did until they mysteriously stopped working recently.

Probably an easy fix if I can work it out.