Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:08 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I can't work out how to see a monthly number on Strava, but looks like I did 149km in May.
I'm considering trying to do a 50k week this week.

Soderman, you'll easily manage a half marathon if you're managing 200m a month!
Old 01-06-2020, 08:14 AM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Agreed, many people only get up to 200 miles a month when training for a full marathon so you shouldn't have any problem with a half.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:15 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've been running alot for the last 3 months (more than normal) and I'm starting to feel abit leggy (shins and knees ache). Do I just carry on or have a break?

Last edited by Happy Arthur; 01-06-2020 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:26 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
Agreed, many people only get up to 200 miles a month when training for a full marathon so you shouldn't have any problem with a half.
I think the furthest I ran before doing the Brighton Half was 14km (and that might be me being generous).
Old 01-06-2020, 09:15 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
I've been running alot for the last 3 months (more than normal) and I'm starting to feel abit leggy (shins and knees ache). Do I just carry on or have a break?
Listen to your body. Take a little break and ease down. Best if you're moving into unusually high mileage you haven't gotten into before. And replace the extra running with some stretching and bit of strength work.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:40 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Listen to your body. Take a little break and ease down. Best if you're moving into unusually high mileage you haven't gotten into before. And replace the extra running with some stretching and bit of strength work.
Cheers. I can run through the aches but just doesn't feel that good.
I'll take 4-5 days off and do some stretching.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:29 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post
Wow, thatís great work!! Just to clarify did you run in a hotel basement? I once ran on the sea! I did 20min treadmill on a ferry.
I was getting ready to leave a hotel in Edmonton, Alberta, during a snowstorm. The hotel gym was locked for some reason so I found a corridor in the basement where I figured I wouldn't disturb anyone. I got my mile in and some very strange looks from staff members who used the corridor as a cut through.
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 01-06-2020, 11:57 PM

Sodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I can't work out how to see a monthly number on Strava, but looks like I did 149km in May.
I'm considering trying to do a 50k week this week.

I meant 200 metres a month (for May as I still had breathing /stamina problems after the virus!). That's why a half marathon will be challenging
Old 04-06-2020, 11:43 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Got out of running after doing the London marathon in 2014 & Brighton in 2015 - I overdid it & my Achilles were in bits for a good year or 2 after. This scuppered any kind of return to running.

Having been made redundant in November which meant a nice 3 month break (back in work now thankfully) & with lockdown meaning more time on my hands, I’ve been able to get back into my running - not massive distances but focusing on mainly 5k’s (a distance I never bothered with before) & 5 miles for a longer run. Got to say, I’m absolutely loving it. Started using strava at the end of March & I brought up my 100th mile yesterday. I still get the occasional aches, but recovery is so much quicker at those distances. Best of all, I feel fit & healthy - it’s definitely helped my mental health over what could’ve been a tough 6 months.

Goal is to get a sub 20 min 5k - I’m not a million miles off but still have some work to put in.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:47 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Got out of running after doing the London marathon in 2014 & Brighton in 2015 - I overdid it & my Achilles were in bits for a good year or 2 after. This scuppered any kind of return to running.

Having been made redundant in November which meant a nice 3 month break (back in work now thankfully) & with lockdown meaning more time on my hands, Iíve been able to get back into my running - not massive distances but focusing on mainly 5kís (a distance I never bothered with before) & 5 miles for a longer run. Got to say, Iím absolutely loving it. Started using strava at the end of March & I brought up my 100th mile yesterday. I still get the occasional aches, but recovery is so much quicker at those distances. Best of all, I feel fit & healthy - itís definitely helped my mental health over what couldíve been a tough 6 months.

Goal is to get a sub 20 min 5k - Iím not a million miles off but still have some work to put in.

So good that so many people are coming back to running. I'm just hoping it doesn't delay the return of parkrun. Missing it!

You'll get there! Small steps and the odd plateaux perhaps.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:00 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
After a mad April and May, i havent run for almost 3 weeks. Work and doing the garden has prevented, plus getting back into Golf and cricket club re-opening for training. I really need too soon!
Old 04-06-2020, 01:25 PM

My plans for a running 50k been slightly curtailed by adulting, but managed to do 15k today. Got a little bit lost running towards Caterham, and half way down a hill, it dawned on me that I was going to need to run back up at some point. But I guess 12k and 136 Elevation Gain counts as a good work out!

I might try and do some speed work next week.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:55 PM

immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
With the cooler weather I've been able to get out and do some long runs for a change.

I've also been doing a fair bit of work in the garden which has ruined my running.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:47 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
So good that so many people are coming back to running. I'm just hoping it doesn't delay the return of parkrun. Missing it!

You'll get there! Small steps and the odd plateaux perhaps.
Yes, getting back to running outside, as unable to go to the gym, has definitely been one of the good things for me (along with saving a bit of money) to come out if all this. I may even do Cheam park run when itís back.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:34 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Lombardarian has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
It is nice, and very motivating, when I see others running outside. It motivates me to put my running shoes on. My park run record, at my previous peak, was 18mins 42sec I think.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:09 AM

immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've heard that parkrun doesn't expect to get going again until 2021 and with the way things are going in this country that doesn't surprise me.