Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: begambleaware.org

Old 14-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar
Because when they're not the home team they will have to bet on something which they have no idea on, whereas other people bet on lots of different sports so will not have that disadvantage (and I'm one who bets on loads of different sports, just don't want to scare other players off)
Good point..
04/10/04 Crystal Palace - Fulham 2-0
29/05/04 Crystal Palace – West Ham 1-0
28/02/04 Crystal Palace – Gillingham 1-0
02/02/02 Sheffield W – Crystal Palace 1-3
02/10/99 Crystal Palace – Portsmouth 4-0
Old 14-01-2011, 12:25 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Funk Butter would choose football...but insist on 3rd Div Norwegian football

Stig, cricket is honestly not that hard to understand!!!
Old 14-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar
Funk Butter would choose football...but insist on 3rd Div Norwegian football

Stig, cricket is honestly not that hard to understand!!!
"
The match went to the last ball but Tim Bresnan could only manage a single when a six would have snatched a win.

Finch made 53 not out off 33 balls on a slow pitch as the hosts, batting first, recovered from 80-5 to post 147-7.

Ian Bell (39) gave England a bright start, but a lack of boundaries cost the tourists as they finished on 143-6.

England looked buried when they went into the final over needing 18 for victory.

That had become 13 from three when Chris Woakes, England's debut hero in Adelaide two days earlier, smashed Brett Lee for six over long on to ignite hopes of a last-gasp turnaround.
"

Ohh yeah..I got all that
Old 14-01-2011, 12:48 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Simple
Old 14-01-2011, 01:01 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have to agree thats all simple stuff, having said that I have grown up with cricket.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 14-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Thanks for the PM Stig. Very happy to join in again.

I have one problem though. I will be away for over 3 weeks in March, and don't want to spoil it for others because of that. So would it be best if I rovisionally go on the subs bench, and you only call me in if you need one more person.
Old 14-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
I have to agree thats all simple stuff, having said that I have grown up with cricket.
Yeah..I guess. Just something about the numbers. People have tried explaining it before. Just me being thick.
But sure there are some handball/winter sports rules you guys don't know about;-)
Old 14-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Right, i'm going to go and look through last years results and work out what the home advantage currently comes out as.

Manager is out of office for the moment and can't be arsed with work.
Old 14-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart
Thanks for the PM Stig. Very happy to join in again.

I have one problem though. I will be away for over 3 weeks in March, and don't want to spoil it for others because of that. So would it be best if I rovisionally go on the subs bench, and you only call me in if you need one more person.
Up to you..sure we can arrange something if you want to play now. In a previous masters some put up bets ahead of time (missing odds)..when they were away.
But a sub solution might also work. First now trying to get to 16 players.
14 now..(not counting you)..so should be easy enough. If more people want in then..hoping to get it up to 20 players.
Old 14-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeo
Right, i'm going to go and look through last years results and work out what the home advantage currently comes out as.

Manager is out of office for the moment and can't be arsed with work.
Old 14-01-2011, 01:39 PM

gjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stig - I am definately in.
Old 14-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Right been through last 2 tournaments, removing any results where someone didn't bet or just bet once. The results:

Home wins 59 - 51%
Away wins 57 - 49%

I reckon that's as close to a negligible advantage as you can get. I think I proposed last tournament that the away team has to have all their bets finished by Saturday midnight, rather than just having them placed. This would then give the home team all of Sunday, knowing their target, to put some bets together.
Old 14-01-2011, 01:57 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does anyone else think that Ardeo may be a tad bored at work??

Golf handicap - 9
Old 14-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjohnk
Stig - I am definately in.
Good stuff
Old 14-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeo
Right been through last 2 tournaments, removing any results where someone didn't bet or just bet once. The results:

Home wins 59 - 51%
Away wins 57 - 49%

I reckon that's as close to a negligible advantage as you can get. I think I proposed last tournament that the away team has to have all their bets finished by Saturday midnight, rather than just having them placed. This would then give the home team all of Sunday, knowing their target, to put some bets together.
Nice piece of stats there! Would have thought there would have been more home wins.
Certainly an interesting idea. I do worry though that home teams might just save up more bets for the last Sunday. Knowing that on Saturday night, they will know the exact score to beat.

What do the players think? If people are up for it then..
Any other suggestions to give the home team more advantage?
Old 14-01-2011, 02:12 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Generally I'm not one for hanging on till Sunday if I'm the home team, I'm not sure whether doing so would have benefited me anyway.

I think Ardeo's idea of having all away bets finished by Midnight would be a better idea, for people like myself who love to use bets on the NFL, which is on Sundays, it would ruin their game plan and would definitely be an advantage to their opponent. It does mean though that because I couldn't bet on the NFL I'd be forced to bet on Football or the Golf (as they are the only two other things I know much about), neither of which I have had much success with over the last year.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 14-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigma
hehe..What you think about kayjay's idea: For something different, how about we limit the 10 bets to just the same sport for both combatants??

And which sport you guys thinking about if so?
Up to you guys..but the normal would of course be to bet on any kind of sport/event.
Sounds cool. Should we have Stig randomly pick a sport, or something else?
Old 14-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
Generally I'm not one for hanging on till Sunday if I'm the home team, I'm not sure whether doing so would have benefited me anyway.

I think Ardeo's idea of having all away bets finished by Midnight would be a better idea, for people like myself who love to use bets on the NFL, which is on Sundays, it would ruin their game plan and would definitely be an advantage to their opponent. It does mean though that because I couldn't bet on the NFL I'd be forced to bet on Football or the Golf (as they are the only two other things I know much about), neither of which I have had much success with over the last year.
NFL won't be on most on the comp anyway. Might take some golf out the equation as well. But you will always have the middle weekend to put on best. I think anyone leaving all their bets for a Sunday would be disadvantaging themself anyawy.
Old 14-01-2011, 07:47 PM

gjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting stats from ardeo but I'd say leave it as it is.
Old 14-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter
Sounds cool. Should we have Stig randomly pick a sport, or something else?
Handball WC is all the rage at the moment here..so guess not