Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #42161  
Old Today, 01:46 AM
PeterH's Avatar
PeterH PeterH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Santiago. Chile
Age: 55
Posts: 51,855
Rep Power: 21474857
PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by churley1988 View Post
Looks like the possibility to travel to Spain without isolation isn’t going to be possible for several months at this rate
Bugger, better take that finger away from the confirm button.
__________________
"Be under no illusion that the reality of what I'm saying is the fact of the matter."

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Reply With Quote
  #42162  
Old Today, 01:52 AM
PeterH's Avatar
PeterH PeterH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Santiago. Chile
Age: 55
Posts: 51,855
Rep Power: 21474857
PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Kids back at school in three weeks, time running out for that desperately necessary holiday.

Spikes everywhere, concerns about rising numbers, even areas in the UK going back into lockdown, but what concerns some people most is trying to squeeze a holiday in.

It's truly unbelievable.







Wait for the whataboutery?

Especially from the studio flat living 7 member families without access to gardens and parks. Remembering that all 5 children are essential 19th century chimney sweeps and COVid vaccine volunteers.
__________________
"Be under no illusion that the reality of what I'm saying is the fact of the matter."

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.

Last edited by PeterH; Today at 01:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42163  
Old Today, 04:29 AM
Night Eagle's Avatar
Night Eagle Night Eagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,222
Rep Power: 7702475
Night Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’m in Italy at the moment and the post COVID new norm is in full swing. Majority of people abiding by all rules and society largely going about as normal as could be hoped. Really impressed.
Reply With Quote
  #42164  
Old Today, 06:10 AM
Nth Kent Eagle Nth Kent Eagle is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 23,378
Rep Power: 21474850
Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Interesting article in the FT today about a subject that will massive throughout the Winter in England. The Spanish word is desahucio. Let’s be fair to Sturgeon here as she has extended the ban until March whilst the English authorities haven’t yet.
__________________
I only have one user name
Reply With Quote
  #42165  
Old Today, 06:10 AM
Worksop Palace's Avatar
Worksop Palace Worksop Palace is online now
Life’s too short for shit
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Age: 49
Posts: 30,587
Rep Power: 21474844
Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Kids back at school in three weeks, time running out for that desperately necessary holiday.

Spikes everywhere, concerns about rising numbers, even areas in the UK going back into lockdown, but what concerns some people most is trying to squeeze a holiday in.

It's truly unbelievable.







Wait for the whataboutery?

Especially from the studio flat living 7 member families without access to gardens and parks. Remembering that all 5 children are essential 19th century chimney sweeps and COVid vaccine volunteers.
Why do you have such a massive issue with people who want to have a break or holiday ? There are not ‘spikes everywhere’ at all, that’s just more scare mongering.

People have been pretty much cooped up for 5 months and perhaps want to have a change of scenery instead of spending their 2 weeks holiday staring at the same fecking 4 walls that they have done for the last 5 months.

And no I am not advocating going to a country that is currently a ‘hot spot’ and having to quarantine when you get back. But there are enough places where that isn’t the case and vilifying people who chose to go there is out of order imo.

And before you or anyone says ‘there’s plenty to do and see in the UK’, good luck with finding anywhere half decent and affordable between now and early Sept.
__________________
It's the hope that kills you
Reply With Quote
  #42166  
Old Today, 06:25 AM
M3 Eagle M3 Eagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,541
Rep Power: 14795686
M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
People could have travelled to the Netherlands a week or so ago with few concerns about needing to quarantine on their return. It is almost impossible to know which places are suddenly going to be deemed 'hot spots'.
Reply With Quote
  #42167  
Old Today, 06:36 AM
SE25 exile's Avatar
SE25 exile SE25 exile is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: on a small island with too many small minds.
Posts: 23,055
Rep Power: 21474857
SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
So its younger people now responsible for most of the rising number of cases. This is not surprising, as they are the group less likely to die or suffer from a severe infection. The relaxing of the lockdown rules essentially have facilitated this. Cases are rising but there is not a commensurate rise in hospital admissions or CV19 patients currently occupying beds. This has to be because my group, the 60 plus and those with underlying dodgy health issues are still isolating in the main, and have not yet become infected. This is a very large proportion of the population.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The schools are opening in September fully, ready or not. What is ready though? Schools have a finite size and pupil reduction is no longer possible, and so close contact will be inevitable, with teachers and other staff too. We are now told that the older pupils pass on the virus to the same degree as adults. Most will be sharing common transport, like school buses to get to school and colleges.

Most importantly, the parents who will also be returning to work when freed from their kids being at home, will need the assistance once again of others doing the school runs for them, like my group, the grandparents. For the first time since the pandemic started and lockdown measure put in place, we the grandparents, are now going to have make a choice. The choice is helping out our sons, daughters and grandchildren by doing the essential school runs for those where other options are not available, risking the infection fully in the face for the first time after our self isolation, or refusing to take that risk, and to continue to isolate and make problems for our kids.

Frankly, for the first time in this pandemic, I am scared, and out of the comfort zone.
__________________
STARMER FOR THE NEXT PM...THE POPULAR CHOICE OVER JOHNSON

Last edited by SE25 exile; Today at 06:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42168  
Old Today, 06:39 AM
Worksop Palace's Avatar
Worksop Palace Worksop Palace is online now
Life’s too short for shit
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Age: 49
Posts: 30,587
Rep Power: 21474844
Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eagle View Post
People could have travelled to the Netherlands a week or so ago with few concerns about needing to quarantine on their return. It is almost impossible to know which places are suddenly going to be deemed 'hot spots'.
Absolutely

I’m getting to thinking that the govt are using this partly as a way of trying to ensure people stay in the uk and get some £ through the economy. The fact Portugal is on the quarantine list is testament to that
__________________
It's the hope that kills you
Reply With Quote
  #42169  
Old Today, 06:41 AM
Worksop Palace's Avatar
Worksop Palace Worksop Palace is online now
Life’s too short for shit
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Age: 49
Posts: 30,587
Rep Power: 21474844
Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
So its younger people now responsible for most of the rising number of cases. This is not surprising, as they are the group less likely to die or suffer from a severe infection. The relaxing of the lockdown rules essentially have facilitated this. Cases are rising but there is not a commensurate rise in hospital admissions or CV19 patients currently occupying beds. This has to be because my group, the 60 plus and those with underlying dodgy health issues are still isolating in the main, and have not yet become infected. This is a very large proportion of the population.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The schools are opening in September fully, ready or not. What is ready though? Schools have a finite size and pupil reduction is no longer possible, and so close contact will be inevitable, with teachers and other staff too. We are now told that the older pupils pass on the virus to the same degree as adults. Most will be sharing common transport, like school buses to get to school and colleges.

Most importantly, the parents who will also be returning to work when freed from their kids being at home, will need the assistance once again of others doing the school runs for them, like my group, the grandparents. For the first time since the pandemic started and lockdown measure put in place, we the grandparents, are now going to have make a choice. The choice is helping out our sons, daughters and grandchildren by doing the essential school runs for those where other options are not available, risking the infection fully in the face for the first time after our self isolation, or refusing to take that risk, and to continue to isolate and make problems for our kids.

Frankly, for the first time in this pandemic, I am scared, and out of the comfort zone.
A difficult choice

But a choice you would have to face at some stage, whatever the circumstances

I am sure your kids will understand whatever decision you take
__________________
It's the hope that kills you
Reply With Quote
  #42170  
Old Today, 06:53 AM
Sick Bucket's Avatar
Sick Bucket Sick Bucket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Small isolated Island
Posts: 11,008
Rep Power: 21474855
Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Mahoosive numbers in Spain today - will be interesting to see how that translates to hospitalisations in the near future.
Bugger, I'm in UK for the summer with my daughter, we need to get back beginning of September for school and work, no lockdown until then please!
__________________
"F**k the Pope".
__________________
A Message From CPFC2010
Reply With Quote
  #42171  
Old Today, 06:55 AM
SE25 exile's Avatar
SE25 exile SE25 exile is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: on a small island with too many small minds.
Posts: 23,055
Rep Power: 21474857
SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
A difficult choice

But a choice you would have to face at some stage, whatever the circumstances

I am sure your kids will understand whatever decision you take
The choice would be far easier with an effective track and trace system working, and of course a vaccine.
__________________
STARMER FOR THE NEXT PM...THE POPULAR CHOICE OVER JOHNSON
Reply With Quote
  #42172  
Old Today, 07:12 AM
Louis's Avatar
Louis Louis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: London SE4
Posts: 29,702
Rep Power: 16660538
Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Sounds like you copped yourself a good dose. Licking the pavements would have ensured it. Good luck.
Cheers

I'm also noticing that some pubs are paying lip service only to taking contact details of people. Some have someone on the door taking details from everyone, others have forms for you to fill in but staff seemingly uninvolved.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (3 members and 1 guests)
prs100, AJ's right boot, Stinger1
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.