Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:58 AM

jcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I feel for him because he was obviously pushed into a move by his family, but then remember how deluded and arrogant he's been since leaving.

His blind-faith in God helping him to find success also annoys me. He could end up playing for Tooting and Mitcham and he'd still believe that God is just testing him before his move to Real Madrid.

It must be pretty hard for him knowing that he probably can't go and watch a Palace game again for a good few years.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
I don't see how mocking his faith helps. Bostock isn't the only player who believes in God in that way. Zaha and Ward are both pretty hardcore Christians I think.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
He would be a lot more respected if he said the truth and that he went for the pay day knowing well he wouldn't get anywhere near the 1st team. I want to feel sorry for him I really do, I just can't.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:16 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
I don't see how mocking his faith helps. Bostock isn't the only player who believes in God in that way. Zaha and Ward are both pretty hardcore Christians I think.
Moritz too. His Twitter is basically quotes from the bible.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 07-12-2012, 10:21 AM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester
JB in the Times today.... "When you go to a Premier League set-up its completely different, but whatever decision he (Zaha) makes I'm sure he'll be a top player."
Much of his interview comes across well, but it's this comment that really irritates me.

I guess he's trying to be mentally strong during all this, seeing as it's still a question whether he'll get a pro-contract next season or not. Can't really knock him for that, you have to have high self belief (easily viewed as arrognace) to make it in football.

However that comment is STILL belittling of Palace, even now. What "decision" exactly...? he's an England international ffs. It almost makes me hope that he's on the dole come next September.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I guess ultimately he wouldn't have been here very long either way since we were in administration what, a year after his debut? He should have stayed and could have really done with the year or so of experience around a first team, played more games and become a better player before moving. I can remember at 15/16 all the talk was about he and Wilshere being the two most exciting youth prospect midfielders England had in a long time. He went to a club of a similar size to Arsenal, but it didn't work out. Sadly when he's had opportunities on loan it would seem the lack of game of time at a crucial age (and possibly a bad attitude but I wouldn't know for sure) has cost him.

As others have always said, his career is a fantastic tool to use in discussions with Academy prospects.

Abdul Razak is another one who left at 16 (to go to Manchester City). Looked excellent in a League Cup game a couple of years ago for them, but he's now 20, nowhere near their first team and not with any hope of getting into it either.

Depends what you want from a career. If you have genuine faith that you are going to develop into a very good player and you want an actual career, you're probably better off staying at a club like Palace. If you think you need to cash in quickly then head to Spurs/Man City/Chelsea and you'll end up at a club lower than Palace in your 20's, not developed as a player, but you'll have a really really good car
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:34 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
As much as I dislike Redknapp, he has brought through some decent players - Rio Ferdinand, Lampard, Joe Cole, Defoe, etc.

Redknapp openly questioned Bostock's attitude in public and for me that speaks volumes.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:36 AM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva
Redknapp openly questioned Bostock's attitude in public and for me that speaks volumes.
True, but it's also possible that Redknapp misunderstood when Stepdad Bostock when he said he collects people in taxis...
Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
A lot of people are Christian. Hell, a good size majority of BBSers are probably Christian. Thing with Bostock is is that he seems a massive tw@t that tries to deflect attention from his true nature by loudly praising The Lord.
Old 19-02-2013, 01:58 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I didn't see this at the time, but looked in on hearing about Di Canio's resignation only to discover that Bostock was sent back to the Spuds on 8 January.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 19-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Free transfer in the summer for certain.

What a bellend, but I still think in hindsight, great for us.

Every kid that comes through now will see Wilf's 100 games and where he has got to/is going to, and compare that to Bostock... He must feel like such a helm.
Old 19-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
I didn't see this at the time, but looked in on hearing about Di Canio's resignation only to discover that Bostock was sent back to the Spuds on 8 January.
End of his loan wasn't it? They couldn't afford to extend any of their loans, even though Di Canio wanted to keep them (including Bostock)

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 19-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77
Free transfer in the summer for certain.

What a bellend, but I still think in hindsight, great for us.

Every kid that comes through now will see Wilf's 100 games and where he has got to/is going to, and compare that to Bostock... He must feel like such a helm.
An alternate view might be that he has played a blinder. Getting at least one big money move in his career despite limited ability.

It's a bit of a leap of faith for me to believe if be had stayed at Palace he would have gone onto great things.

The majority of footballers that look like great prospects in their youth go onto do nothing.
Old 19-02-2013, 02:15 PM

doof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave

The majority of footballers that look like great prospects in their youth go onto do nothing.
I think some get to a high level early on and then just assume they will always be better than those around them and make no improvements whilst those around them work harder. I think Clyne and Zaha are good examples of this as they weren't stand out players early on.
Old 19-02-2013, 02:18 PM

GreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
An alternate view might be that he has played a blinder. Getting at least one big money move in his career despite limited ability.

It's a bit of a leap of faith for me to believe if be had stayed at Palace he would have gone onto great things.

We will never know.

Played 3.5 hours of football for Palace, across 6 games and Palace never won.
Old 19-02-2013, 02:35 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Clearest example of talent + sh!t attitude = fails to make it at the top.

For sure its been an absolute blessing in disguise for Palace. On one side you have Bostock and on dis ting v Wilf and Moses, all gifted kids the only real difference is hard work and attitude.
Old 19-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Bruce Dyer & Jesus still love him so it's not all bad.
Old 19-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket
Clearest example of talent + sh!t attitude = fails to make it at the top.

For sure its been an absolute blessing in disguise for Palace. On one side you have Bostock and on dis ting v Wilf and Moses, all gifted kids the only real difference is hard work and attitude.
Or maybe they were better players?
Old 19-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Dave, that is a great point and I completely accept it, we will never truly know.

But even if you a right, and deep down he was pretty average at best, it must still make our academy players think twice about rushing off in the context of Clyne and Wilf's careers, and even Victor, who was here for less tiem for extentuating circumstances.
Old 19-02-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Did SJ really turn down a bid from Barcelona for Bostock or is that bullshit?