Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 07-07-2018, 11:17 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Well done Grierson on a brilliant interview. My goodness, that finally puts to bed any risidual acrimony felt towards him from the fans. As suspected at the time, he was very badly advised by older men that should’ve known better. He never mentioned Micky Hazard, who I think played a massive part in him leaving. Also Spurs, have a lot to answer for too. Disgusting what they did. In fact, Harry Redknapp said himself that he didn’t understand why Spurs had lured him away when learning his trade at Palace would’ve been the best for him.

The other issue with him leaving it seems was Simon Jordan and also Warnock’s set up. Bostock said someone in the coaching staff said the way he played he’d never play under the present manager. Keith Curle? What a stupid thing to say to a young lad and didn’t help the situation one iota. No doubt in my mind, if Parish was in charge of the club at that time, regardless of the management, Bostock would’ve been nurtured correctly and felt wanted. Just look at Wilf.

To see Bostock so genuinely humbled at being back at Selhurst and openly admitting what a mistake leaving to Spurs was a watershed moment. He deserves nothing but applause and good wishes on his return.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 07-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation

Last edited by in-exile; 07-07-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:45 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Fantastic interview.

I feel a little bad that I bad mouthed him.

I often thought that the expressed interest from Barcelona for our wonderkid was agent talk but seems not.

Where would he be now in the game if he had been handled by people who knew what they were doing and made decisions that would have been in his best interests.

Wish him best at Toulouse and allowing myself to dream that he is so outstanding that he starts to attract interest from Pemier League clubs including ourselves.

However if that happens and he chooses another club over us, then I will sharpen the knifes in my tongue and give him dogs abuse once again.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:03 PM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes, time to move on. I will miss the Toulouse game, but hope he gets a good reception.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:17 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Well done Grierson on a brilliant interview. My goodness, that finally puts to bed any risidual acrimony felt towards him from the fans. As suspected at the time, he was very badly advised by older men that should’ve known better. He never mentioned Micky Hazard, who I think played a massive part in him leaving. Also Spurs, have a lot to answer for too. Disgusting what they did. In fact, Harry Redknapp said himself that he didn’t understand why Spurs had lured him away when learning his trade at Palace would’ve been the best for him.

The other issue with him leaving it seems was Simon Jordan and also Warnock’s set up. Bostock said someone in the coaching staff said the way he played he’d never play under the present manager. Keith Curle? What a stupid thing to say to a young lad and didn’t help the situation one iota. No doubt in my mind, if Parish was in charge of the club at that time, regardless of the management, Bostock would’ve been nurtured correctly and felt wanted. Just look at Wilf.

To see Bostock so genuinely humbled at being back at Selhurst and openly admitting what a mistake leaving to Spurs was a watershed moment. He deserves nothing but applause and good wishes on his return.
I believe it was pointed out to him (not sure who by) that Warnocks rough and ready long ball style would have meant he barely saw the ball as it was lofted from back to front and rarely through the midfield.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:41 PM
analyse this

bourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When you're a fan you're a fan and despite all the hate and acrimony, bad advice and avarice, the guy is still quite clearly just that
It was good to see him back at the club, laying a few ghosts to rest and when he finally retires and has the time to come and get himself a season ticket again i'd be more than happy to sit next him
It's in his blood just like the rest of us
Old 07-07-2018, 08:11 PM

Location: Village of Shepherdswell, which is between Dover and Canterbury.
pots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He clearly moved for more money and states that our terms offered were a shock, had smoke blown up him from an early age as the new wonder kid linked to Barcelona and so I partially understand why he moved, had he stayed we would have still flogged him when Jordan went bust just like Moses and Fonte.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:25 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Fantastic interview.

I feel a little bad that I bad mouthed him.

I often thought that the expressed interest from Barcelona for our wonderkid was agent talk but seems not.

Where would he be now in the game if he had been handled by people who knew what they were doing and made decisions that would have been in his best interests.

Wish him best at Toulouse and allowing myself to dream that he is so outstanding that he starts to attract interest from Pemier League clubs including ourselves.

However if that happens and he chooses another club over us, then I will sharpen the knifes in my tongue and give him dogs abuse once again.
Agree, I was pissed when he went but he explains it very well what happened from his side.
Hypothetical of course but I do wonder if we ever went down, then he might be the sort of midfielder we could sign to add some sparkle to get us back up again. If he improves in Ligue 1 then why not have a look to see if he could do something here now, he clearly would love to play for us again at some point in his career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 08-07-2018, 08:33 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
It was a great interview and I also feel bad for all the abuse he got, particularly at the time , shame his Dad doesn't go anymore, would be great story if he came full circle and ended up back at Palace somehow.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:38 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
He won't be worse than plenty we have signed since 2012. A half decent season in Ligue 1 will show us he is capable enough for a squad place at Selhurst.

He might reject us though in a year or so. That would be funny.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:12 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Time to forgive and forget and move on.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:09 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
That's a great interview - he came across as a really decent guy who was given poor advice. Genuinely moving interview at times. I hope he gets a good reception for the Toulouse game.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:33 PM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Was a brilliant watch. Thought John Bostock spoke so well and appears a well rounded individual. Some of the grief aimed at a fifteen year old lad was way over the top. Have to admit by midway through the interview you actually find yourself hoping that he eventually makes it back and lays some ghosts to rest. Ironically he is probably the sort of midfielder we are crying out for but whether he is quite at the standard needed I haven't the faintest idea.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:41 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
What a sad story this one is.
Glad he has a very supportive wife and young child now as they're the most important things in life.
Good luck to the guy.

Should've signed for Barcelona. Talk about shit advice from the adults around him, idiots.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:05 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I've watched the video and enjoyed it. He comes across very well.

Then I started to to think... he even refers to himself as the "Wonder Kid". He also talks about all the loans he had, he talks about playing in the second tier of Belgium and French leagues... but he never really broaches the subject of what went wrong. Why did a "Wonder Kid" end up basically on the scrap heap/a journeyman?

He is in denial I guess, may not have been his fault , but somewhere it went wrong, and he has to put his hand on his heart and take some responsibility. Be it motivation, reliance on "God" to do right by him, distraction of girlfriend/wife/kid.

I'm sensing a lot of red & blue tinted glasses watching this piece are getting hoodwinked by him. (Me included)
Old 09-07-2018, 02:10 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Just read his Wikipedia page for the sorry tail...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Somewhere in there is a good book!
Old 09-07-2018, 02:36 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I've watched the video and enjoyed it. He comes across very well.

Then I started to to think... he even refers to himself as the "Wonder Kid". He also talks about all the loans he had, he talks about playing in the second tier of Belgium and French leagues... but he never really broaches the subject of what went wrong. Why did a "Wonder Kid" end up basically on the scrap heap/a journeyman?

He is in denial I guess, may not have been his fault , but somewhere it went wrong, and he has to put his hand on his heart and take some responsibility. Be it motivation, reliance on "God" to do right by him, distraction of girlfriend/wife/kid.

I'm sensing a lot of red & blue tinted glasses watching this piece are getting hoodwinked by him. (Me included)
History is pretty much littered with phenoms that never live up to their hype for whatever reason. For every Tiger Woods, there are 10 (or more) Freddy Adus.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 09-07-2018 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:08 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Gr££d !!! I don't know why he keeps coming out with these articles and interviews. He made the mistakes, not us. When you are good enough to play for your so-called beloved team and can really make amends to the fans and club that you let down as a kid then come back and have a trial. Until then, whatever - he's just another one who thought the grass was greener and the cash was more plentiful but found out the hard way that is wasn't.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:31 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Did i hear it right, that when he got to Spurs he scored 8 goals in 8 games? Then Rednapp turned up and put him back in the youth team.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:24 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Did i hear it right, that when he got to Spurs he scored 8 goals in 8 games? Then Rednapp turned up and put him back in the youth team.
At a reserve level, obviously he didn’t get anywhere near their first team, apart from a couple of european sub appearances.