Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 19-02-2012, 12:21 AM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The only downside to this whole sorry saga it's that it legitimises the EPPP by showing that 700k was actually far more than he was worth to Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 19-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Statto
The only downside to this whole sorry saga it's that it legitimises the EPPP by showing that 700k was actually far more than he was worth to Spurs
I would say just the opposite. This story shows very clearly the potential downside in trying to advance your career faster than your ability and experience warrants. All EPPP threatens to do is make Bostockism cheaper and easier for Tottenham and their ilk. Potential victims of this need to know just how much potential Bostock had that has been wasted.
Old 19-02-2012, 12:37 AM

Cjbear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCjbear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCjbear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCjbear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCjbear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCjbear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCjbear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCjbear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCjbear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCjbear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCjbear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfly
Victor Moses (6 seasons): 135 appearances, 16 goals

John Bostock (5 seasons): 30 appearances, 4 goals

Sean Scannell (5 seasons): 141 appearances, 12 goals

Nathaniel Clyne (4 seasons): 128 appearances, 1 goal

Wilfried Zaha (3 seasons): 80 appearances, 8 goals

Which one is the odd one out?
A bit unfair saying Zaha's played 3 seasons
Old 19-02-2012, 12:39 AM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosling
I would say just the opposite. This story shows very clearly the potential downside in trying to advance your career faster than your ability and experience warrants. All EPPP threatens to do is make Bostockism cheaper and easier for Tottenham and their ilk. Potential victims of this need to know just how much potential Bostock had that has been wasted.
What I meant was that it illustrates how "top" clubs can pay a lot of money for potential that doesn't appear, thereby justifying them trying to pay a much smaller amount than the selling club feels is fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 19-02-2012, 12:52 AM
BBS BTC Baron

Russ_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace nutter
As an aside what's the beef with this Razak dude?
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-02-2012, 01:21 AM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Both Statto and Gosling make good points but ultimately the EEEP is a bit irrelevant, as in the case of poor old Jonny it's bad advice and greedy parents after the quick buck that have the final decission where the kids go. Regardless of the proposed new EEEP structure if you have a talented kid and your a sensible parent you'll advise your kid to stay or go, where they're going to develop the best, whether thats with game opportunities or structure of the acadmies set up etc.

Whether it's the current structure or the EEEP you will ALWAYS have some greedy parents that will want to cash in on their kids ability putting their childs future at risk, but even with the EEEP you'll also get parents that want the best for their kids and not necessarily chase the quick buck if they feel their child would develop better at their current club. You'll also occassionally have a very very rare talent that will make it at any club, but the vast majority of kids need good coaching, patience, nurturing and opportunities to develop.

Running a couple of kids teams, my 8 year old being involved at Watford and having a bit of knowledge of some of the clubs that come sniffing round these parts and how they do their business, I can tell you if I was to advise my son or other parents if they had the choice of going to Chelsea or Watford for instance, I would point them in one direction only! But unfortunately bad advice, the quest for fame and greed often send talent to the wrong direction.
Old 19-02-2012, 01:36 AM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I guess I'm finally over it as I can't help but feel sorry for the kid.

Hopefully he can find a move where he gets to settle down and actually make something of his talents even if it's not on the level it could have been.
Old 19-02-2012, 01:42 AM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy

Hopefully he can find a move where he gets to settle down and actually make something of his talents even if it's not on the level it could have been.
Agree with this I was fumming at first and my hatred for spurs increased 10 fold, but the ironic thing is he'll probably earn less now his career has gone down the swanny because of greed, rather building his career and nurturing the talent he clearly had.
Old 19-02-2012, 01:44 AM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think even he must have realised he made a big mistake leaving us, it seemed to have had a huge negative effect on him.

Bostock has basically wasted 4 odd years of his life and yet he'll end up far lower than where he started.

A big change of attitude is needed.
Old 19-02-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDP
Bostock has basically wasted 4 odd years of his life and yet he'll end up far lower than where he started.
Problem for him is those 4 years were his most important, they were his developing years that he will never get back!

If those Sheffield Wednesday comments are anything to go by and previously Hull and Brentfords fans views, his career may already be over. I think his contract at spurs hasn't got long left and I'd imagine that unless this is all some sort of sick stunt by spurs avoiding paying us anymore installments I doubt he'll have his contract renewed and with his apparent attitude whose going to take him on?
Old 19-02-2012, 01:57 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I fear he will be playing for Bromley before he ever plays for Spurs.
Old 19-02-2012, 02:08 AM

lewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisham eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog
I fear he will be playing for Bromley before he ever plays for Spurs.
No point fearing that. I would absolutley love it
Old 19-02-2012, 02:25 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDP
I think even he must have realised he made a big mistake leaving us, it seemed to have had a huge negative effect on him.

A big change of attitude is needed.
Well if some of the stuff posted on here from his twitter account is accurate it seems it hasn't learnt his lesson still!

Still if the whole football thing doesn't work out he can always turn to gospel rap to make a living...

His Spurs contract must run out end of this season?
Old 19-02-2012, 02:29 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse
Well if some of the stuff posted on here from his twitter account is accurate it seems it hasn't learnt his lesson still!

Still if the whole football thing doesn't work out he can always turn to gospel rap to make a living...

His Spurs contract must run out end of this season?
Streety mentioned earlier in this thread that his contract actually got a year's extension last year, so it'll expire next season, according to Tottenham's published accounts.

Redknapp won't be impressed if he's not pulling his weight for Wednesday, though. He was reportedly very unhappy after his other loan spells, too.

As for Bostock, I've suggested we let it go but have actually been guilty of enjoying his struggle. Talent shines through even in the worst of conditions, so Bostock really doesn't have much of an excuse. It seems to me that, with all the loan spells he's had, his confidence has taken quite a knock.

In terms of our relationship with future youngsters, I have absolutely no doubt that Bostock's move turned out to be a great thing for the club. As far as his career is concerned however, I think its a damned shame that someone who was supposed to be destined for such good things could linger in such a way. He's still young so there's still hope for him, but for that to happen he'll have to have a change in attitude.

Last edited by RDSdaEAGLE; 19-02-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 19-02-2012, 02:41 AM
Yakshemash!

rednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have lived
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisham eagle
No point fearing that. I would absolutley love it
Me too. It's pure greed that's put pay to his chances of making it in the game.
Old 19-02-2012, 02:50 AM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Offer him a pay as you play deal next season and see if there's if it's just his passion that is lacking.

Bizarre situation, but one that has been a blessing for CPFC because it's living proof to present and future academy stars that leaving too early can hinder your career progress or even destroy it.
Old 19-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neillo's Son
Offer him a pay as you play deal next season and see if there's if it's just his passion that is lacking.

Bizarre situation, but one that has been a blessing for CPFC because it's living proof to present and future academy stars that leaving too early can hinder your career progress or even destroy it.
Whose place would he take in the team though? I wouldn't play him over any of our current midfielders.
Old 19-02-2012, 10:23 AM

Nork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy

You want fries with that?
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 19-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Old School Palace

Pistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle
I;m grateful to Bostock. Really.

Because he is the perfect example of why our young lads should stay and learn their trade at Palace. The perfect leveller against the EPPP. We could tack a picture and synopsis of his career to date on the wall at the academy as an object lesson in how to **** your career. Thanks John. Appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Can you imagine the sky commentators making some reference to South Londoners enjoying their day out - cut to a 40 year old in full Palace kit dribbling whilst a mexican wave flies past.
http://www.fishfight.net
http://www.fsf.org.uk/

ST Holder:Block D: Lower Homesdale
Old 19-02-2012, 10:24 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Saw the pen he gave away yesterday.
Shame !!

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.