Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:17 PM

Jimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
iphone 4 or Blackberry Torch?

Following on from my hugely successful 'Xbox v PS3' thread ( ) I am in the market for a new phone. I have two options (unless anyone can suggest something better) should i get an iphone 4 or should i get a Blackberry Torch?

Last edited by Jimmy Eagle; 11-11-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
iPhone.

Close thread.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:19 PM

Jimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
iPhone.

Close thread.
Feisty
Old 11-11-2010, 01:23 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login

If it helps.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
The BBM is the most disgusting tool ever and anyone that uses it should be punished (not in a good way).

Forget the smoking ban, why are pubs losing trade? Instead of meeting up, sad acts sit in doors BBMing each other all ******* night. If you can get a BBMer out of their house, instead of chatting to you, the actual human being in their company, they will BBM other BBMers about their evening.

Pub quizzes with BBMers involve creating a pub quiz group to BBM other people who can't make it, yet have time to BBM.

BBMers also readily accept your offer of a free ticket to the Palace when your sister can't make it, but then BBM all the way through and ask me what the score is when away fans celebrate.

A BBMer will also tell you the reason you are not as close is because you don't have BBM.

Kiss100 'Cos real friends BBM.

I bet Wayne Rooney BBMs.

Last edited by CPFC_DAVE77; 11-11-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:25 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Though, it really does depend on what you want from your phone.

If you want a phone that can do pretty much everything, is of the moment, has loads of apps etc, go for the iPhone.

If you're more interested in getting your emails seamlessly, you want buttons, and quite a few of your mates have BlackBerries (for BBM), go for the Torch.

Last edited by eagle101; 11-11-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77
The BBM is the most disgusting tool ever and anyone that uses it should be punished (not in a good way).

Forget the smoking ban, why are pubs losing trade? Instead of meeting up, sad acts sit in doors BBMing each other all ******* night. If you can get a BBMer out of their house, instead of chatting to you, the actual human being in their company, they will BBM other BBMers about their evening.

Pub quizzes with BBMers involve creating a pub quiz group to BBM other people you can't make it, yet have time to BBM.

BBMers also readily accept your offer of a free ticket to the Palace when sister can't make it, but then BBM all the way through and ask me what the score is when away fans celebrate.

A BBMer will also tell you the reason you are not as close is because you don't have BBM.

I bet Wayne Rooney BBMs.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:31 PM

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77

Pub quizzes with BBMers involve creating a pub quiz group to BBM other people who can't make it, yet have time to BBM.

BBMers also readily accept your offer of a free ticket to the Palace when your sister can't make it, but then BBM all the way through and ask me what the score is when away fans celebrate.

I bet Wayne Rooney BBMs.

Of course you forgot about Whatsapp. iPhone equivalent to BBM
Old 11-11-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Eagle
Feisty

Having owned both, I can honestly say the iPhone beats the Blackberry hands down. Much easier to use. Much easier to set up. Just an all round better phone.

In my humble opinion, of course
Old 11-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Of course you forgot about Whatsapp. iPhone equivalent to BBM
But iphoners are no where near as annoying. They seem to be able to actually leave it alone to have a human conversation. BBMers crave to BBM, anyone without a BBM is subhuman and invalid.

I hate it. If yo offered me a BBM machine or a cup and string pass me the cup please.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Spent four days in the UK this week and amazed the whole population now seems to do nothing but stare at a little screen the whole time.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin
Spent four days in the UK this week and amazed the whole population now seems to do nothing but stare at a little screen the whole time.
I feel like a bitter old man

I hate big brother, kiss100, tiny kanye or whoever they are, I hate x factor on an Island on ice. I hate BBM more than Millwall.

I do love The Who and palace though, so I win
Old 11-11-2010, 01:38 PM

Someone has suggested an HTC Desire HD. Does anyone have one of these? Apparently a very very good phone, and cheap to boot.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:41 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:

Having owned both, I can honestly say the iPhone beats the Blackberry hands down. Much easier to use. Much easier to set up. Just an all round better phone.

you have so NOT had a BB torch. ok so the processor is a bit last gen but its far better then previous bb's

SaulAlinsky
Old 11-11-2010, 01:41 PM

m_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
is it the torch that has touch screen that compresses? felt horrible to use
Old 11-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Time For Heroes

Is that windows phone any good?
Old 11-11-2010, 01:44 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reid
is it the torch that has touch screen that compresses? felt horrible to use
no that was the strorm - the torch has just beeen released and it has a proper touch screen.

SaulAlinsky
Old 11-11-2010, 01:47 PM
On the move

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I doubt very much that you have used The Torch. It is a good device. But the simple fact is that Apple brand loyalty is so so strong that they could strap an antenna to a turd and still sell 2,000,000 units before people notice that the antenna doesn't work correctly. But they are still happy to have the turd.

BlackBerry do have lower brand loyalty for various reasons and they need to
sort that out. But I certainly wouldn't buy a BB simply because it is a BB, in the same way that I wouldn't buy an Apple product simply because it is Apple.

I do not think that BB will ever compete with Apple directly. In other words they will not compete with the same brand promise. No one can match Apple for that. But BB may well take mobile communications into a totally new direction . . .They did it once, and don't be surprised if they do it again.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:52 PM

Justin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse
no that was the strorm - the torch has just beeen released and it has a proper touch screen.
Is it any good - I am due a change and have had a blackberry for years. What is the web access like on it - it is an area that the iphone seems to easily beat my blackberry on.

My wife has the iphone 4 and have to admit I am tempted. I think I am too clumsy and/or fingers too fat though as every time I try using the iphone I seem to mess up.

But if Barbara finds it simple the argument does seem rather compelling..............
Old 11-11-2010, 01:52 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin
Scary isn't it - people drive like that too if they have a sat nav. A know a gay bloke who spends his time looking at "Grinder" an app that tells him where the nearest gay bloke is and then involves them swapping pictures of their cocks. People can't go five seconds without learning that one of their friends has just had a piss.

The worst thing is that all this instant communication means people think it's perfectly acceptable to be late or cancel real life meetings at short notice

I think I am old.