Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 29-06-2002, 06:17 PM

ruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
My hometown club - Part III

The VfB Lübeck squad resume training on Wednesday, July 3, for the 2002/3 season in 2. Bundesliga. This is well worth a new thread
My hometown club - part III

Old 29-06-2002, 06:19 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Hi, wierdo no.1 here, ready follow the relegation battle looming...........
Old 29-06-2002, 06:41 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Hurrah! This is the push to join the big boys at the top of the tree next season
Old 29-06-2002, 06:44 PM

ruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
German 2. Bundesliga kicks-off on August 11.

Matches will be played on fridays (3), sundays (5) and 1 on mondays (televised live). VfB Lübeck prefer to play their homes on Friday evenings.

Funnily, it's not yet known who's to comepte in 2. Bundesliga.

SpVgg Unterhaching (down from 1. Bundesliga) finshed below the dotted line. But with Reutlingen stripped of their license Unterhaching were back in. Then Reutlingen were re-instated (but will have 6 points deducted end of 2002/3) and Unterhaching were out again.

Only last week former Uefa cup winners Eintracht Frankfurt were demoted for failing to reach the monetary target set by the League. So Unterhaching are back in. Are they?

Frankfurt are taking their case to court and a meeting is set for next Wednesday. Will they be allowed to compete (at the expense of Unterhaching?)

Anyway, VfB Lübeck are back in 2. Bundesliga (where we've been 95/7) and things look good. 10 new players in (and only one costing 18.000 €).

(more later)
Old 29-06-2002, 08:11 PM

Mike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Welcome back. Looking forward to another exciting season.
Old 29-06-2002, 08:14 PM
amore sui terrazzi

Sandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally posted by ruediger
German 2. Bundesliga kicks-off on August 11.

SpVgg Unterhaching (down from 1. Bundesliga) finshed below the dotted line. But with Reutlingen stripped of their license Unterhaching were back in. Then Reutlingen were re-instated (but will have 6 points deducted end of 2002/3) and Unterhaching were out again.

(more later)
Ruediger - can you tell me more about Reutingen. I'm going out to see them in July v Reading in Ulm.

Any views expressed are my own, not of my employer.

It is football banter!
Old 29-06-2002, 08:37 PM
ex Tankie

Steve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terrace
But did you have to take Reiner Plasheinrich from Paderborn 07,we were just starting to get a good side together, and were looking good to join you next season,after underachiving last season,well never mind, good luck and I look forward to playing VFL in the 2 Div in a years time.
Old 29-06-2002, 09:18 PM
jó csávó

Pistike Pistike Pistike Pistike Pistike Pistike Pistike Pistike Pistike Pistike Pistike
Good luck next season Rudi.
Old 29-06-2002, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve C
But did you have to take Reiner Plasheinrich from Paderborn 07,we were just starting to get a good side together, and were looking good to join you next season,after underachiving last season,well never mind, good luck and I look forward to playing VFL in the 2 Div in a years time.
Sorry, Steve, but Plashenrich is to good to fade in Regionalliga Nord.
Glad VfB Lübeck don't have to play Paderborn any more (for family reasons )

VfB Lübecks new signings:

Markus Kullig (1. FC Kaiserslautern)
Marco Weißhaupt (FC Hansa Rostock)
Ferydoon Zandi (SC Freiburg) one year loan deal
Marco Laaser (SV Babelsberg 03),
Reiner Plaßhenrich (SC Paderborn 07),
Daniel Thioune (VfL Osnabrück)
Heiko Petersen (VfL Osnabrück)
Holger Hasse (Erzgebirge Aue)
Maik Kunze (Erzgebirge Aue)

Karol Zaborowski (youth product)

Kullig was our captain and he was ever-present in 3 years before moving to
1. Bundesliga force Kaiserslautern. He's back after only one year. Great.

Thioune is a super striker but we loved to have a go at him when he was with Osnabrück. Don't now how the home support will react once he's wearing that green shirt of ours.
Old 29-06-2002, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandowneagle

Ruediger - can you tell me more about Reutlingen. I'm going out to see them in July v Reading in Ulm.
Don't know too much about them.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

They weren't given a new license (for failing to meet last years financial regulations). Got unexpected help from the local council and were re-instated by the League but handed a 6-pts penalty for the season starting in August. Look likely to go down
Old 30-06-2002, 03:51 AM
ex Tankie

Steve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terraceSteve C is twisting all through the night on the terrace
When I was the Bus driver for SC Verl, Reiner and I became friends and he is one of the nicest footballers to walk the planet so if you have the plesure of meeting him tell him I said hello and that you and I are Palace fans as the brainwashing was started with our bus fahrts to away games.
Old 30-06-2002, 03:54 AM
ex Tankie

Sorry for the spelling I,m a bit pissed, but the next time your in our neck of the woods, please drop by, you will always be made welcome.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve C
When I was the Bus driver for SC Verl, Reiner and I became friends and he is one of the nicest footballers to walk the planet so if you have the plesure of meeting him tell him I said hello and that you and I are Palace fans as the brainwashing was started with our bus fahrts to away games.

Reiner Plaßhenrich

Next Thursday VfB Lübeck will present the new players to the public on an open day. Perhaps I'll have a chat with him.

Btw. I was able to arrange a sponsorship deal for the paper I'm working for. We're going to produce a VfB special, 28 pages tabloid, circulation 320.000, distributed in regional daily "Lübecker Nachrichen" and weekly free advertiser "Lübecker Wochenspiegel".
In return we're getting a box in the New Stand, advertising on perimeter fence and will have our logo on official VfB team photo. No money involved.

Last edited by ruediger; 01-07-2002 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:29 PM
Dortmunder

Location: Sometimes Marienthal , sometimes the SudTribune, sometimes A-Block, mostly Selhurst
BVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good luck for the new season, mate. Nice to have you back.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:37 PM

Fixtures list still 200273 still provisional (because of TV schedule and uncertainty about Frankfurt/Unterhaching) but the match of the season earmarked for of August.

VfB Lübeck v. our nearest rivals FC St. Pauli (down from 1. Bundesliga).

07. 11. 1982 ......... VfB Lübeck 1, FC St. Pauli 3
27. 03. 1983 .......... FC St. Pauli 6, VfB Lübeck 1

Final table Regionalliga Nord 82/3:

1. FC St. Pauli Hamburg 55 Pts
2. SV Werder Bremen Amateure 43
3. Kieler SV Holstein 40
4. MTV Gifhorn 38
5. VfL Wolfsburg 38
6. TSV Havelse 38
7. SV Meppen 37
8. SV Union Salzgitter 34
9. SV Arminia Hannover 33
10. Olympischer SC Bremerhaven 32
11. SC Concordia Hamburg 31
12. 1. SC Göttingen 05 31
13. TuS Hessisch Oldendorf 30
14. Lüneburger SK 29
15. TSR Olympia Wilhelmshaven 28
16. VfB Oldenburg 28
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17. VfB Lübeck 28
18. SV Atlas Delmenhorst 28

The lowest point in our history.
VfB not in danger of going down, sitting nicely in 14. place until the very last match when surprisingly Oldenburg, Wilhelmshaven and Lüneburg and Oldendorf managed to win while VfB controversially lost 3-4 at home to Meppen (0-2 at ht, 3-2 with 9 mins to go, 3-4 in injury time, 4-4 equaliser disallowed in 94. mins - sending us down to play in humble villages of Schleswig-Holstein for excatly 10 seasons)

Last edited by ruediger; 01-07-2002 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-07-2002, 05:19 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Dear Ruediger any news on new signings for Bayer Leverkusen yet? Will this be our season? I aint putting any money on it
Old 01-07-2002, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
Dear Ruediger any news on new signings for Bayer Leverkusen yet? Will this be our season? I aint putting any money on it
Leverkusen are best at finishing runners-up. I can see no change.
Btw. I'm a football fanatic when it comes to VfB Lübeck (since 1963) and Crystal Palace FC (since 1973) and that is that as far as I'm concerned.
No real interest in either english or german top division.
I checked excellent Bayer website (english) for you though:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
For a small group of very ambitious players the season has already started. „The boys are working really hard,“ said Peter Hermann, who started training of a few players on Monday.
Hanno Balitsch (signed from 1. FC Cologne) and Christoph Preuß (signed from Eintracht Frankfurt) are both part of the group currently concentrating on technical skills and physical conditioning. On Thursday new striker Franca joined up with his new team-mates and on Monday he will be followed by Daniel Bierofka (from Munich 1860).
I expect Landon Donovan (USA) to be recalled.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:31 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I notice that Leverkusen did eventually sign Bierofka. Not heard of the other two players. Will probably bring back Landon Donovan in place of Michael Ballack. Good luck to Lubeck. Hopefully them and Leverkusen will both have a great season this time out
Old 03-07-2002, 01:50 PM

Today's the day. VfB players report back for pre-season training.

The playing staff will be presented to the public tomorrow at 5.30 pm (open day at the stadium "Lohmühle").

I'm lucky to be at the ground for business reasons.
Will have talks with VfB general manager to finalise details of our sponsorship deal (box and advertising arrangements).
Old 03-07-2002, 05:10 PM
ex Tankie

Say hallo to Reiner for me,Please.