Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 26-05-2003, 07:52 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Heard the promotion battle on the radio. Couldn't believe it when Frankfurt scored in the 90+ minute. Have to feel sorry for Mainz though, 4-1 game over and Frankfurt needing a goal in extra time to beat 'em. Thought DSF did brilliantly with the highlights covering all the matches at once. Oh yeah, and aachen won too finishing in 6th position.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 26-05-2003, 08:34 AM

ruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Aachen have my sympathy. Old stadium, great vocal crowd.

Feel sorry for Mainz' manager Klopp. But he's a great character.
My word: He was a good ambassador of sportmanship after yet another heart-breaking end to a season for this great club.

Klopp:
"I'm religious and I think this suffering somehow must make some deeper sense which I'm about to discover."

"I still fail to understand why thousands of the Braunschweig crowd saw fit to abuse and attack our players and fans in the way they did. Once I get it I'll have taken a big step forward, personally."
Old 26-05-2003, 09:17 AM

ruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkruediger sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
My hometown club - part I: VfB Lübeck´s unsuccessful bid for promotion.

My hometown club - part II: VfB Lübeck make it to the professional scene.

My hometown club - part III: VfB Lübeck survive in 2. Bundesliga.

THE END
Old 26-05-2003, 06:21 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks for the updates over the season, I have been a regular reader of them. Look forward to the push for promotion next year!
Old 26-05-2003, 06:23 PM
Dortmunder

Location: Sometimes Marienthal , sometimes the SudTribune, sometimes A-Block, mostly Selhurst
BVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can only echo the sentiments above. One of the main reasons I'm on the BBS is to see VfB's progress & to exchange comments on German football. Congrats on a great season. Here's hoping the former Dortmund players will make the difference & push you nearer that trip to the Westfalen.
Old 26-05-2003, 06:40 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by ruediger
My hometown club - part I: VfB Lübeck´s unsuccessful bid for promotion.

My hometown club - part II: VfB Lübeck make it to the professional scene.

My hometown club - part III: VfB Lübeck survive in 2. Bundesliga.

THE END
What's all this "THE END" business?

It's only just the beginning Ruedi! Once again a cracking read all season long, been back to this old thread every week and loved every letter.

Here's looking forward to part IV!
Old 27-05-2003, 06:38 AM

Thanks, folks.
I'm deeply moved by your comments.
Time and again I tend to believe that I'm a real big head offloading useless thoughts on to the BBS souls.

So I'll do a few updates on VfB Lübeck until the official end of this season.
Training is set to resume on June 30. Time to start "My hometown club - part IV".
Old 27-05-2003, 06:42 AM
Sad Moon Risin'

Location: 3951 miles (6358 km) (3433 nautical miles) from Selhurst
jlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I echo the sediments above. Keep the updates coming!
"It hurts us here," Jose Luis Luviano, a fan in Mexico City, said as he punched his chest. Tears melted the Mexican flags painted on his cheeks. "There has to be an end to this disgrace where (Americans) treat us like rats and idiots."
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook
Old 27-05-2003, 07:59 AM

So VfB Lübeck’s historic season’s over.

138.169 passed the gates – that’s an average of 8.128.
Highest attendance was against FC St. Pauli: 17.689 (sell-out)

VfB Lübeck’s home record: 10 wins, 3 draws and 4 defeats. Poor form away from home though: 3 wins, 2 draws and 12 defeats.

4 penalties award (3 converted)

24 players were used (average age 27,9 years),
61 yellow cars received (Bärwolf 9),
no red-card this season but 4 players were sent-off for 2 bookable offences.

Last edited by ruediger; 27-05-2003 at 08:47 AM.
Old 27-05-2003, 08:44 AM

Before the game:
Flowers and wristwatches from the president. VfB Lübeck say farewell to 6 players.
Old 27-05-2003, 12:37 PM
Dortmunder

Location: Sometimes Marienthal , sometimes the SudTribune, sometimes A-Block, mostly Selhurst
BVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ruediger
[B]
Is that a VfB/BVB flag on the right hand side? Where did that come from?
[QUOTE]
Old 27-05-2003, 01:38 PM

Yes, it is a BVB flag!

The club's got good reputation way up in the north of Germany.

Why?
Lübeckers who follow Hamburger SV are regarded as poor souls.
Lots of support for FC Hansa Rostock on the outskirts east of Lübeck (simply because it's been East Germany and Hansa the major club in north of the former GDR).

But a remarkable number of kids who're dreaming of success and who desperately want to be associated with a big club opt for Borussia Dortmund (champion league winners, anti-Bayern, super stadium, etc).
Old 27-05-2003, 02:44 PM

This may be of interest:
LR Ahlen have parted company with manager Lorant (formerly of 1860 Munich and Galatasaray) who saved them from the drop. He's been replaced by ......

Stefan ****z (just down with Waldhof Mannheim).

Old 27-05-2003, 08:05 PM
Dortmunder

Quite literally one ****z replacing another.
Old 28-05-2003, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BVB Bob
Quite literally one ****z replacing another.
Old 28-05-2003, 08:05 AM

Good news at the end of the season:
VfB Lübeck have made a profit of 350.000 €. No cash-flow problems. The future looks bright indeed.
Old 28-05-2003, 08:13 AM

Now it's up to the VfB (truly) amateur side to provide the goods.

The second string is regarded as a springboard for young local talent.
The club's ambition is to play their II. team in a league as high as possible.

Tomorrow VfB "A" play-off against TSV Wedel (4th in the Hamburg-League) for a place in 4th level Oberliga Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein (the Cordi League ).

The winner goes up if:
Hamburger SV stay in Regionalliga Nord
VfR Neumünster overcome Kickers Emden in play-off to Regionalliga Nord.

Pity is, VfB Lübeck's Amateur side is something of a fake brand at the moment. Nearly all players will leave in order to play for first teams of clubs competing at 5th or 6th level.

Furthermore a new coaching set-up will be introduced at VfB amateur (and youth) section with a head-coach who's been playing for in 2. Bundesliga 95/7.

Looks very promising next season.
But the team out on Thursday and Sunday will they give 100%?

Last edited by ruediger; 28-05-2003 at 08:19 AM.
Old 29-05-2003, 12:29 PM

Friday, July 25, 7.30 pm
friendly at Lohmühle:

VfB Lübeck v Hamburger SV

Good crowd guaranteed.
Old 30-05-2003, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ruediger
Now it's up to the VfB (truly) amateur side to provide the goods.

The second string is regarded as a springboard for young local talent.
The club's ambition is to play their II. team in a league as high as possible.

Tomorrow VfB "A" play-off against TSV Wedel (4th in the Hamburg-League) for a place in 4th level Oberliga Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein (the Cordi League ).

The winner goes up if:
Hamburger SV stay in Regionalliga Nord
VfR Neumünster overcome Kickers Emden in play-off to Regionalliga Nord.

Pity is, VfB Lübeck's Amateur side is something of a fake brand at the moment. Nearly all players will leave in order to play for first teams of clubs competing at 5th or 6th level.

Furthermore a new coaching set-up will be introduced at VfB amateur (and youth) section with a head-coach who's been playing for in 2. Bundesliga 95/7.

Looks very promising next season.
But the team out on Thursday and Sunday will they give 100%?
VfB Amateurs won't make it to Oberliga. Lost 1-0 at home in 1.leg against Wedel and Neumünster blew it at home to Emden (1-2).

Can't see a miracle happen on Sunday. So VfB (new) II. team look likely to compete at 5th level in the Verbandsliga Schleswig-Holstein, I assume.
Old 30-05-2003, 07:23 AM

Gerson Nason (The Independent) takes a tour of Lübeck.
March 9, 2003

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by ruediger; 02-06-2003 at 11:17 AM.