Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Chamakh's Hairdresser

rhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for you
Good player, scores goals at international level, been at some big clubs recently and was good at Sunderland. I'd take him, 25 is a good age too.
Old 15-08-2013, 09:04 AM

Young Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not a hope in hell of agreeing terms. Various moves have broken down this summer after he couldn't agree personal terms after arsenal agreed a fee. A knob of the highest order. Remember this is the chap who changed his squad number at arsenal to 52 to reflect the same as his weekly wage on a new contract...
What a great signing for Palace, one of their best ever (if not the best). World-class player. Just shows once again how timing is everything and how financial fate can hinge on a key moment or two...one shit home play-off performance, Zaha wakes up after five months sleep-walking, Speroni finger-tip save onto the bar. That night changed the respective fortunes of the two clubs for a good few years, but we all suspected that even at the time.
Old 15-08-2013, 09:05 AM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynoeagle View Post
I'd take him, 25 is a good age too.
That is the key for me. Young enough to have great opportunities to get at least our money back from a sale. Plenty of potential to get more should he do well.

The other positive is that he has lots of experience which is certainly something we need.

If his attitude is right then it could be a real success. Maybe being a main man at a 'smaller' club will work for him? His career has stalled, if he does sign then that is a real indication that he has the ambition to get it back on track though hard work.
Old 15-08-2013, 09:15 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
I am prepared to admit that my view of him not being a good enough striker (for the money we would have to pay) may be controversial, but my opinion of his character isn't.

We seriously do not want a player like him at Palace. Could lead some of our younger players astray and change their attitudes with his billy big bollocks attitude and his poor behaviour off the pitch.
Nobody is listening to me

Will someone please think of the kids! Seriously, the guy would be poison here. What happened to us not wanting players with bad histories? Would it have made a difference if he had hit someone whilst drink driving?
Old 15-08-2013, 09:24 AM

Corporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Trolley View Post
Not a hope in hell of agreeing terms. Various moves have broken down this summer after he couldn't agree personal terms after arsenal agreed a fee. A knob of the highest order. Remember this is the chap who changed his squad number at arsenal to 52 to reflect the same as his weekly wage on a new contract...
Agree.

Can't see this one happening.
Old 15-08-2013, 09:28 AM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:

Will someone please think of the kids! Seriously, the guy would be poison here. What happened to us not wanting players with bad histories? Would it have made a difference if he had hit someone whilst drink driving?
Yes, we need to be the sort of club that would never sign players who are involved in orgies in Vegas and the like. Oh.
Old 15-08-2013, 09:30 AM

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Trolley View Post
And then reimbursed fans that had bought shirts with the old number

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-08-2013, 09:36 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Palace isnt going to be an attractive destination for Bentner, I dont think he'll come here.

I dont understand why we havent gone after very good up and coming championship or league 1 youngsters, I liked the gayle transfer and want to see a couple more of those.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 15-08-2013, 09:38 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Hated by the Arsenal armchair contingent. That alone seems a good reason to sign him ?
Old 15-08-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Palace isnt going to be an attractive destination for Bentner, I dont think he'll come here.

I dont understand why we havent gone after very good up and coming championship or league 1 youngsters, I liked the gayle transfer and want to see a couple more of those.
Mostly because of cost. Jordan Rhodes went for £8m having never played a Championship gamel; Gayle went for a significant sum having played under 50 games at Championship level. The approach we're going for (and I'm not for one second saying it's the right or wrong approach) means that we are looking more at people who are undervalued because they're perceived as a bit troublesome or as having failed recently or aren't that well regarded in general. There tends to be lower financial risk with these players, but of course there's the issue that they may not be very good!
Old 15-08-2013, 09:58 AM

TC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
le fondre please
Old 15-08-2013, 09:59 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStreet View Post
Mostly because of cost. Jordan Rhodes went for £8m having never played a Championship gamel; Gayle went for a significant sum having played under 50 games at Championship level. The approach we're going for (and I'm not for one second saying it's the right or wrong approach) means that we are looking more at people who are undervalued because they're perceived as a bit troublesome or as having failed recently or aren't that well regarded in general. There tends to be lower financial risk with these players, but of course there's the issue that they may not be very good!
Its a fair point, I realise we are 'moneyballing' or bargainhunting whatever you want to call it and there is a definate place for that with 1 or 2 transfers but if you go to far with that approach you are in danger of losing all your players if we were to get relegated.

Im not talking about 8 million pound players but I would have to pick up 3 players at 2-3million, players like Ben watson or Bridcutt.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 15-08-2013, 09:59 AM

Bounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No, no, no , no ... and NO.

No thank you very much
Old 15-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Just living my life

nathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A sensible Arsenal Fan at work thinks he would be a good signing.
Old 15-08-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Its a fair point, I realise we are 'moneyballing' or bargainhunting whatever you want to call it and there is a definate place for that with 1 or 2 transfers but if you go to far with that approach you are in danger of losing all your players if we were to get relegated.

Im not talking about 8 million pound players but I would have to pick up 3 players at 2-3million, players like Ben watson or Bridcutt.
Had we been able to pick up Bridcutt for £2-3 million I would definitely have agreed. But when you're talking about £4m+ for him, it becomes a more difficult decision. I don't envy the board one bit - attempting to balance long term financial risk with the need to be competitive, and make a creditible fist at staying up, is no mean feat.
Old 15-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
That Zaha lad at Utd could have been useful.
Old 15-08-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

What youth acadamies has Bendtner ruined to date?
Old 15-08-2013, 10:12 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
They still think he's a cock, but sort of forgive him or make excuses for it - 22 goals for Arse in 99 games. Not that impressive, but how many were as sub, or being played on the right wing. Centre forward for Denmark and he scored important goals when it matters against quality opposition, and in a mediocre team. They've banned him for 6 months because of the drink driving and they have been utter shite since, losing any hope of qualifying for the world cup.
Also, Arsenal must be about the worst fit for him - he's a centre forward playing in a team that is pass and move. It's incredible that he managed to play so many times for them to be honest - a massive compliment to his technique. SIGN HIM UP
Old 15-08-2013, 10:13 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I can't see how Murray is better than Bendtner in any aspect. He's big, puts himself about, brings others into the game and scores goals. Tbh i think he would suit our style perfectly.
Agreed
Old 15-08-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuCharlie View Post
Bendtner and Chamakh would seem like an odd pairing to me.
They would be. But we're not doing pairings. We're playing 3 up front, and I think Bendtner, Chamakh and Gayle (the crucial link) would be an awesome strikeforce.