Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:28 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
I'm not talking about one of those stupid phablet things. But comparing my S3 to the iPhone and you can see the screen size isn't good enough.
You say that like it's fact but it's not, it's just your opinion.

I wouldn't want a phone bigger than my iphone 5. It's big enough as it is.

And I don't have a tablet.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:34 AM

yorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
bit off topic but I love my nokia lumia 920 by far the best phone I have ever had. Hope that helps

Originally Posted by CPFC2010

"I think that this is the best suggestion that I have ever read on the BBS"
Old 11-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
You say that like it's fact but it's not, it's just your opinion.

And I don't have a tablet.
But if they want to steal Android customers, like me, they have to realise that people won't won't to reduce the size of their screen.

They've already altered their software to look a lot more like Android, which has hooked me in, so why haven't they tried to make a radical change to the hardware? I was seriously considering changing if they had made some differences to the phone, but they haven't. I know they don't care that they've lost one potential customer, they're just praying on the stupidity of their existing customers now though.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:44 AM

immoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
That's what I said about my old HTC Desire. Larger screen size on Nexus 4 is brilliant.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshire eagle View Post
bit off topic but I love my nokia lumia 920 by far the best phone I have ever had. Hope that helps
1020 looks amazing. Depending on price would think about getting one to replace my camera.
The new Oppo N1 is meant to have an amazing camera too although details not released yet
Old 11-09-2013, 10:58 AM

yorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
1020 looks amazing. Depending on price would think about getting one to replace my camera.
The new Oppo N1 is meant to have an amazing camera too although details not released yet
the camera is awesome and everything just seems to work right for me, if I want something it is always where I think it should be

Originally Posted by CPFC2010

"I think that this is the best suggestion that I have ever read on the BBS"
Old 11-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
But if they want to steal Android customers
The thing is - they don't really want to steal android customers.

The revenue per device on IOS is many many times higher than Android.

Apple is the largest company in the world and makes 70% of it's revenue on IOS devices.

The 5c is an odd move, it really demonstrates how things have changed since Jobs died. I can not believe he would try and compete with low end phones, especially as this has potential to canabalise real iphone sales.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:04 AM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The thing is - they don't really want to steal android customers.

The revenue per device on IOS is many many times higher than Android.

Apple is the largest company in the world and makes 70% of it's revenue on IOS devices.

The 5c is an odd move, it really demonstrates how things have changed since Jobs died. I can not believe he would try and compete with low end phones, especially as this has potential to canabalise real iphone sales.
Yeah, I realised after I sent it that they're probably not interested in stealing Android customers, such is their hold on the mobile device market.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake and Eat It View Post
The Sensation is 2 years old.. its hardly fair comparing it against the latest phones.

The latest iteration of Android is fantastic.
That's an opinion.

Here is mine.

Android UX sucks. Every app has a different sucky way of doing things. There are very few apps on android that come close to their IOS counterparts.

There is no email client that is worth using, they all suck unless you don't need exchange support.

Every android keyboard sucks hard. Ever try and write anything of length on any android device? It's torture.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
That's an opinion.

Here is mine.

Android UX sucks. Every app has a different sucky way of doing things. There are very few apps on android that come close to their IOS counterparts.

There is no email client that is worth using, they all suck unless you don't need exchange support.

Every android keyboard sucks hard. Ever try and write anything of length on any android device? It's torture.
Having had an iPad for a while now, and an Android phone, I'm inclined to agree, and that's as an Android fanboy.

And this is what's so frustrating. I don't want an iPhone because I think the phone looks shit.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:31 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That's an opinion.

Here is mine.

#ibelongtodave
Old 11-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
They are the biggest company in the world because they defy conventional business logic. That's why whining about screen size is utterly futile. As Dave rightly points out, they couldn't really give a toss about stealing Android customers.

Though as Dave also says, think they've made a business mistake with the 5c as it is more in line with what a conventional tech company would do. That said, many people have predicted the demise of a new Apple device and been proven wrong so who knows.

The upgrades are excellent for me as I'll be moving off an iPhone 4S. Incidentally, that's another area where analysts and pundits fail; Apple knows most of their punters are locked into two-year contracts so spending excessive amounts on R&D to satiate the very small number of people who need the latest and greatest every year (or every month) makes no business sense.

Hope they abosultely continue to ignore the sceptics who whine on about a lack of innovation and ultimately take the company back into private hands to insulate themselves from the idiots on Wall Street.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:53 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
They are the biggest company in the world because they defy conventional business logic. That's why whining about screen size is utterly futile. As Dave rightly points out, they couldn't really give a toss about stealing Android customers.

Though as Dave also says, think they've made a business mistake with the 5c as it is more in line with what a conventional tech company would do. That said, many people have predicted the demise of a new Apple device and been proven wrong so who knows.

The upgrades are excellent for me as I'll be moving off an iPhone 4S. Incidentally, that's another area where analysts and pundits fail; Apple knows most of their punters are locked into two-year contracts so spending excessive amounts on R&D to satiate the very small number of people who need the latest and greatest every year (or every month) makes no business sense.

Hope they abosultely continue to ignore the sceptics who whine on about a lack of innovation and ultimately take the company back into private hands to insulate themselves from the idiots on Wall Street.
totally agree with this. The clue is in the name - 3Gs, 4s and 5s are just that; a newer version of the 3G, 4 and 5. It makes sense to customers to be either a number or an 's' person and Apple recognise that their core base will be upgrading every other year as you say Brett.

I am on a 4s and look forward to upgrading to a 5s in a couple of months.

This isn't about being an Apple fan boy, but I just don't see a single Android handset I like. They are either too big, too plastic, or just plain ugly.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Hope they.......ultimately take the company back into private hands to insulate themselves from the idiots on Wall Street.
Market cap is $449bn. 50-100% Premium for controlling stake. I don't know who could afford that.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Having had an iPad for a while now, and an Android phone, I'm inclined to agree, and that's as an Android fanboy.

And this is what's so frustrating. I don't want an iPhone because I think the phone looks shit.
you can't buy taste
Old 11-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
BTW - whilst I couldn't say that the fingerprint technology in itself is either revolutionary or innovative, it appears that once again the implementation will be. It's not about being first to market with a new idea, it's about being the first to nail it and make it useable for the masses.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:24 PM

Harpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The problem with Apple, and nobody has mentioned this yet, is that their products are reaching saturation point.

That is why they are launching multiple upgrades, in order the attract a new kind of Appleist (as demonstrated by the launch of the iPad Mini). New releases will include multiple screen sizes as Apple will need to provide for those that require an iMax experience. You heard it here first!

Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near them is because I have no desire to be locked into a specific buying habit.

My nearly two-year-old HTC Sensation XE is still going strong, and I have never expected the various software packages to be integrated. But it all works very well.

My next phone will have a 5" screen as bezels become smaller, if for no other reason than hooking up to BT Sport for the footy. The most likely recipient of my hard earned money will be the LG G2 or the Oppo N1.

Move over Apple.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:31 PM

oddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoddrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How many megapixels does the new Iphone have?

I have an Ipad and a Galaxy S4, I like both but would always choose the Galaxy over Iphone now, down to the screen size mainly.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Think the 5c is a mistake to be honest, but will be getting the 5s to replace my 4s.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

5 takes a while to get used to but it is a smashing phone