Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 24-01-2017, 03:35 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
Eh? Is there a point to these random words?
Nah

SaulAlinsky
Old 24-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Banned by Moderators

bagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
This has to be a free vote due to the importance of the issue. MPs should be able to represent their constituents on this.
They should vote the way their constituents did in the referendum, otherwise what was the point in having the referendum? Campaigning for it, Spending money on it, if it was just to be ignored?
Old 24-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagler View Post
Like I said it is this wrangling that has caused myself, a remainer to regret voting that way.
Eh? What has the legal wording of a UK Act of Parliament got to do with your decision to stay in or or leave the EU?

Quote:
Indeed, would people like yourself be trying to suggest "ah but it was only advisory" if remain had won?
Well, since it would not support my side of the argument I'd hardly be pointing it out, however, I'd find it very difficult to argue against.
Old 24-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Banned by Moderators

bagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
Eh? What has the legal wording of a UK Act of Parliament got to do with your decision to stay in or or leave the EU?.
The backtracking is undemocratic, unseemly and sour grapes. So much so it has pushed me into the other camp.
Old 24-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Cameron, what a bungler. What an absolute, gold plated, 24 carat, bungling ninny!
Old 24-01-2017, 03:57 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Interesting and I agree. Now will the MPS follow their general constituents or the constituents that voted for them in 2010/2015? Did northern labour followers vote for Brexit or did loads of people that you would expect Labour to represent but normally do not bother to vote, vote for Brexit?
It will be a tough call for some northern and Welsh Labour and London Tory MPs.
Old 24-01-2017, 03:59 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Cameron, what a bungler. What an absolute, gold plated, 24 carat, bungling ninny!
True but the worst of it is that he probably could not give shit.
Old 24-01-2017, 04:01 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Didn't see that but have read this:-

9 June 2015, the Foreign Secretary said:

“The referendum on Thursday 23rd June is your chance to decide if we should remain in the European Union.”

“This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide.”

Additionally Cameron said there would be no going back, changing minds and trying to join the EU again if we voted leave. Unless of course his remain campaign was just all lies
Statements of political intention. See paragraph 119 of the judgment.
Old 24-01-2017, 04:06 PM

WIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
True but the worst of it is that he probably could not give shit.
Well he will just have to get by on after dinner speeches - for which all those lovely banker types will pay for his inside knowledge on the workings of world markets! Haha jokes on us
Old 24-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Anyone know the process now in terms of the bill and the proposed amendments ?

Are the amendments debated on and then voted on an individuall basis or is a debate simply held on the bill including proposed amendments and then it is all voted on at the same time?
Normally there'd be a Bill Committee but I'm guessing that the the House(s) will accept that (as for precedents (though not equivalent)) time is of the essence so I think the Government will consult the Clerks first and after that then the Leader of the House will propose a process which probably rules out certain amendments (e.g. Lib Dems on 2nd referendum) and how amendments that are allowable will be handled. In the end, I expect a truncated vote on the whole bill.
Old 24-01-2017, 04:13 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post

Like a malevolent Bertie Wooster. Eventually thwarted by Iain Duncan Spode.
Old 24-01-2017, 04:19 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
Like a malevolent Bertie Wooster. Eventually thwarted by Iain Duncan Spode.
Wooster (or rather Jeeves) beat Spode in the end though
Old 24-01-2017, 04:22 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
When it comes down to it MPs should vote for Brexit to happen, that's what the majority voted for and regardless of your own personal feelings we have to accept that

I am glad that MPs are getting the chance to have some scrutiny on the process it will hopefully allow them to debate some of the details and consequently consider the possible unintended effects of the proposals. History has taught us that legislation that does not receive sufficient scrutiny and is waved through parliament often back fires on the country and the party that put it on the statute book, Poll tax anyone.

For the record I voted remain and wish we weren't leaving but we are so need to get on with it whilst ensuring that any legislation is framed in such a way to ensure that we get the best deal for the citizens and economy of the UK.
Old 24-01-2017, 04:26 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Like I said it is this wrangling that has caused myself, a remainer to regret voting that way.

Indeed, would people like yourself be trying to suggest "ah but it was only advisory" if remain had won?
No - I would have expected Parliament to deal with the issue - it was Farage who said it would be challenged by UKip and Tory far right

There should be a binding referendum on the final deal - that would sort this once and for all
Old 24-01-2017, 04:27 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by civil eagle View Post
When it comes down to it MPs should vote for Brexit to happen, that's what the majority voted for and regardless of your own personal feelings we have to accept that

I am glad that MPs are getting the chance to have some scrutiny on the process it will hopefully allow them to debate some of the details and consequently consider the possible unintended effects of the proposals. History has taught us that legislation that does not receive sufficient scrutiny and is waved through parliament often back fires on the country and the party that put it on the statute book, Poll tax anyone.

For the record I voted remain and wish we weren't leaving but we are so need to get on with it whilst ensuring that any legislation is framed in such a way to ensure that we get the best deal for the citizens and economy of the UK.
What about Scotland, Nothern Ireland and London?
Old 24-01-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by civil eagle View Post

Old 24-01-2017, 04:29 PM

WIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm61 View Post
That is the UK isn't it?
Old 24-01-2017, 04:29 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
What about the Ionian islands
Old 24-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
The backtracking is undemocratic, unseemly and sour grapes. So much so it has pushed me into the other camp.
So, not a decision based upon staying or leaving the EU then. Fair enough.

Out of interest, how do you view the change of heart on giving the NHS an extra £350mill a week?
Old 24-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
They should vote for Remain. (Thereby giving roughly the same result presumably).