Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 24-04-2018, 09:41 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Coleman's such a moron.

We all said at the time he was an idiot for leaving such a cushty job with the national team. Within six months he's managed to get a huge club relegated and remind everyone what a terrible club manager he is.
He said never kicked on from
His first season at Fulham. Awful manager and to think some of our “fans” wanted him to replace sam and de fraud!!!
Old 25-04-2018, 01:15 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Read an article about their debts with £60 million owed to their current owner and £68 million owned to a private loans company (similar to Agilo).

Have to say my first thought was they would be better off going for administration while their parachute payments were still in the offing, using these to settle up their football debts.

Doubt they would get a pence in the pound CVA past their private loans company so work on the basis of no CVA, accept an automatic relegation and start again in league two.
Old 25-04-2018, 01:47 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Read an article about their debts with £60 million owed to their current owner and £68 million owned to a private loans company (similar to Agilo).

Have to say my first thought was they would be better off going for administration while their parachute payments were still in the offing, using these to settle up their football debts.

Doubt they would get a pence in the pound CVA past their private loans company so work on the basis of no CVA, accept an automatic relegation and start again in league two.
Administration is a 12 point penalty and the company lending them money is secured by the Stadium of Light. the Academy of Light and other freehold properties.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 25-04-2018, 02:10 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
I'm born and bred in Middlesbrough and therefore I am not saddened in any way by Sunderland's decline. Afterall they are dirty Mackem scum. But the play off semi-final at the Stadium of Light is one of my favourite football memories.

And I'm slightly unique in my view on Lee Cattermole as on his day he is incredible.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 25-04-2018, 02:37 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Administration is a 12 point penalty and the company lending them money is secured by the Stadium of Light. the Academy of Light and other freehold properties.

They are paying 12 per cent on that loan which is an incredible rate if it's secured against their assets. I wonder who the directors of the lender are?
Old 25-04-2018, 02:54 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
If it helps any Sunderland fan, and they fancy seeing some decent football, they can get into Dulwich Hamlet (at Tooting) on Saturday for free, after Sky ****ed them over moving the Fulham game to Friday night at late notice.
Old 25-04-2018, 02:58 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
The 22nd team to play in league one having played in the Premier League (good little competition on the BBC website. Can you name the other 21 in three minutes).

However, more alarmingly, that's 24% of the clubs in all four leagues.
Old 25-04-2018, 03:13 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
The 22nd team to play in league one having played in the Premier League (good little competition on the BBC website. Can you name the other 21 in three minutes).

And none of them are us.
Old 25-04-2018, 03:34 PM
Lurker

sirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I got 14/21 - I forgot one of the most obvious
Old 25-04-2018, 03:45 PM

Ardent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Couldn't do it in 3 minutes but with pencil and paper I managed 32 candidates, but probably included some who hadn't done that and some who played in the old 1st. division but not the premiership.

As a matter of interest who were they? did it include Wimbledon?
Old 25-04-2018, 03:53 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdougie View Post
I got 14/21 - I forgot one of the most obvious
Snap

Cricket wanker.
Old 25-04-2018, 03:54 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Snap
Forgot the two Sheffield clubs. Doh!
Old 25-04-2018, 04:03 PM
Safe European Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
Couldn't do it in 3 minutes but with pencil and paper I managed 32 candidates, but probably included some who hadn't done that and some who played in the old 1st. division but not the premiership.

As a matter of interest who were they? did it include Wimbledon?
That would have to have a spoiler alert tag. However the list does contain 3 PL Champions and a former winner of the European Cup. And not Wimbledon.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 25-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Both claimants to The Wimbledon name are in L1 (for 2 weeks), surely that counts
Old 25-04-2018, 04:58 PM

Lee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
This.

The worst one for me was the FA Cup 6th round in 1976. Didn't get there until nearly half time (not their fault) only to find "our" terrace unsegregated and swarming with drunken Mackems intent on doing us harm. Big Mal had apparently been winding them up before kick-off. Alan Whittle's winner only riled them even more and we literally took out lives in our hands on the walk back to the station. I got separated from others and was making my way back in silence, surrounded by the threatening Sunderland lot, not daring to look at anyone. Then I was aware of someone following me closely. They walked alongside me and said, in a London accent, "You're Palace, aren't you". I nodded. "So am I", he said, and somehow we got back to the station in one piece. The ever-considerate Mackems even added air-conditioning to our trains for the journey home. The most scared I have ever been at a football match, including Leeds and Scumwall. Tainted me for life.

Good riddance, I say. Enjoy Division 3 with Charlton.
Remember it well the only worse experience was leaving Elland Road in the fourth round when every window in our bus back to station was smashed
Old 25-04-2018, 05:51 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Old 25-04-2018, 06:04 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:

I managed 18.

Missed out Blackburn, Blackpool and Coventry.
Old 25-04-2018, 07:16 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
They are paying 12 per cent on that loan which is an incredible rate if it's secured against their assets. I wonder who the directors of the lender are?
According to the 2016 accounts they were paying LIBOR (minimum 1%) + 7.5%. The lender, Security Benefit Corporation, is a leading financial institution based in Kansas.

There doesn't appear to be any connections.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 25-04-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Old 25-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Could be playing Sutton next year.......2019

Cricket wanker.
Old 25-04-2018, 07:33 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glazier69 View Post
Problem is, they've never thought "ooh that was a close shave, we need to change things now”.

Mr Parish take note !
You never really appreciate something until it’s gone.

In Parish I trust.