Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

View Poll Results: How did you vote?
Conservative 0 0%
Labour 11 7.69%
Liberal Democrats 52 36.36%
Green 31 21.68%
SNP (or other regional remain party) 1 0.70%
DUP (or other regional leave Party) 0 0%
Brexit Party 26 18.18%
Change UK 15 10.49%
Other 7 4.90%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-05-2019, 07:19 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
We need an equivalent of the swear filter for photos.

Wasn't it the Sun which gave her the soubriquet "Doris Karloff"?
Old 27-05-2019, 07:24 AM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
As far as I am concerned she always has been and will remain.....the very antidote to desire.
Old 27-05-2019, 07:32 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
Remain parties secured more votes than Brexit party. Just saying
Think this needs highlighting more as some people seem to be struggling with simple maths this morning

Lib Dem + Green > Brexit Party
Old 27-05-2019, 07:37 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Personally, I don't know how well other coalitions work across the world, perhaps you can help me on this one.

However, I do know what our own electorate prefer, for better or worse, and frankly the Tory/LibDem coalition that was forced upon us all, was a disaster for many.
Not entirely true that is it, as you passed comment on Italy and how their coalition governments are a disaster.

You hold up one country as an example to not have a fairer voting system. What about Germany, France, Israel etc etc etc?

You even hold up the Tory/Libdem coalition as another disaster, which implies you think that all or most other British governments we have been a great success!!

You maybe an independent councillor but Labour is still beating in your heart
Old 27-05-2019, 07:45 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Think this needs highlighting more as some people seem to be struggling with simple maths this morning

Yup!

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 27-05-2019, 07:46 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:

0.8% more, how many of these voters are voting for reasons other than remain ?
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 27-05-2019, 07:48 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Not entirely true that is it, as you passed comment on Italy and how their coalition governments are a disaster.

You hold up one country as an example to not have a fairer voting system. What about Germany, France, Israel etc etc etc?

You even hold up the Tory/Libdem coalition as another disaster, which implies you think that all or most other British governments we have been a great success!!

You maybe an independent councillor but Labour is still beating in your heart
I passed comment on Italy, because that was the one I was familiar with, and I have said as much in my previous post. I am not pretending I am familiar with or how well or badly coalitions work across the world because I simply do not know. You seem to know, and yet you haven't yet offered me any feedback in that respect, even though I am open minded on this.

I am not alone in thinking that the LibDem/Tory coalition was a disaster for many, the evidence s on the record and has been debated on here many times before, I don't have to justify my opinion on this one. However, just to let you know that I have a daughter who is thousands of pounds in debt as a consequence of LibDem allowing power sharing to kill off one of their best policies to help young graduates.

My views remain independent. I am not a Corbyn fan, and not a Labour voter anymore because of their ambiguous stand on Brexit, and voted Green last Thursday. I am not sure you can say that Labour still beats in my heart.
Old 27-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I am not alone in thinking that the LibDem/Tory coalition was a disaster for many
Every government is a disaster for certain people/ groups
Old 27-05-2019, 07:59 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
I passed comment on Italy, because that was the one I was familiar with, and I have said as much in my previous post. I am not pretending I am familiar with or how well or badly coalitions work across the world because I simply do not know. You seem to know, and yet you haven't yet offered me any feedback in that respect, even though I am open minded on this.

I am not alone in thinking that the LibDem/Tory coalition was a disaster for many, the evidence s on the record and has been debated on here many times before, I don't have to justify my opinion on this one. However, just to let you know that I have a daughter who is thousands of pounds in debt as a consequence of LibDem allowing power sharing to kill off one of their best policies to help young graduates.

My views remain independent. I am not a Corbyn fan, and not a Labour voter anymore because of their ambiguous stand on Brexit, and voted Green last Thursday. I am not sure you can say that Labour still beats in my heart.
Open minded?

Yes this post is very open minded;

Quote:
Oh but I was, especially when I looked at Italy's past history of ever changing government coalition alliances failing and repeat elections virtually every year.

We Brits don't even like transferable voting, let alone PR.
You hold up Italy then claim you know nothing, I have simply held up the argument of a fair political voting system. UKIP gaining no seats in the HoC is not something to celebrate even if, like me, who do not like them or their policies (which was the spark that lit this fuse).

There are some that argue that the Libdems managed to dampen Tory excesses so it was a success, and was only a disaster for the Libdems themselves.
Old 27-05-2019, 08:07 AM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
What's so bad about Italy anyway?
Old 27-05-2019, 08:09 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
0.8% more, how many of these voters are voting for reasons other than remain ?
That is part of the issue for the Remain side, there is no single issue party with no other policy other than a promise of Brexit (with no detail behind that slogan)

However, you could also add in the SNP, Plaid Cymru and CUK on the Remain side and UKIP on the Brexit side and the gap widens even further in favour of Remain supporting parties.

God knows what is going on with what was left of the Tories and Labour.
Old 27-05-2019, 08:10 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Corbyn’s response this morning is fairly pathetic, he will never change.
Old 27-05-2019, 08:12 AM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another way of looking at it - Brexit + UKIP + Tories + a small percentage of Labour = > 50%.

Quote:

Old 27-05-2019, 08:14 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
What's so bad about Italy anyway?
Monica Bellucci > Anne Widdecombe, surely?
Old 27-05-2019, 08:14 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Corbyn’s response this morning is fairly pathetic, he will never change.
Corbyn, pathetic ? Surely not ....
Old 27-05-2019, 08:16 AM
Landlord

Son of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Shouldn't this be in the Guilty Fancies thread?
Old 27-05-2019, 08:20 AM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
With the results at pretty much 50/50, and with some probable loony, hard brexiter tory leader on the way, I think the best we can hope for now is a 2nd referendum with the options as no deal or remain.

If people are still stupid enough to vote for no deal then f*ck it, let them have it. At least the 60% of people who couldn't be bothered to vote would get what they deserve.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 27-05-2019, 08:24 AM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
With the results at pretty much 50/50, and with some probable loony, hard brexiter tory leader on the way, I think the best we can hope for now is a 2nd referendum with the options as no deal or remain.

If people are still stupid enough to vote for no deal then f*ck it, let them have it. At least the 60% of people who couldn't be bothered to vote would get what they deserve.
Absolutely - have another stab at it with the leave terms on the ballot and if people vote for it then so be it.

As it is the last referendum was meaningless as remain meant one thing, leave meant a whole plethora. Do it again making it clear what leave means and if people still go for it, fine, something tells me the people who want it will be affected worse anyway.
Old 27-05-2019, 08:25 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Pretty much this.
Old 27-05-2019, 08:28 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:

It could end up with this but not before Farage has tried to force through his no deal Brexit. It is over to the Tories now.