Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

View Poll Results: How did you vote?
Conservative 0 0%
Labour 11 7.69%
Liberal Democrats 52 36.36%
Green 31 21.68%
SNP (or other regional remain party) 1 0.70%
DUP (or other regional leave Party) 0 0%
Brexit Party 26 18.18%
Change UK 15 10.49%
Other 7 4.90%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-05-2019, 08:45 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's clear to see the "Main" parties should be very concerned this morning by their disastrous showing. There was no doubting the people who voted for Brexit along with ex disillusioned Ukip supporters made this a successful night for the Brexit Party, even ignoring the fact of who and what Farage is, a liar and fraud as Channel Four News investagations showed.
But clearly they had ONE clear policy that appealed to joe public especially the ones that want Out regardless of the true consequences should we leave with a No Deal, but lets not forget the main reasons for this "protest vote" was the pathetic behaviour and split within the Tory's along with Labour's sit on the fence cant make up our minds leadership approach, totally played into Farage's hands last night.
Unfortunately both Conservatives and Labour will be in denial of the disastrous results they suffered, instead will brush it off as merely a protest vote by the public and it will be very different come the General Election, instead of looking at themselves their policies and disagreements within but also how the Public see politics going not just in the UK but across Europe.
Old 27-05-2019, 08:51 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Open minded?

Yes this post is very open minded;
Just implying it isn't, doesn't make you right. I am open minded, and you still haven't yet provided me with your superior knowledge of the success or otherwise of any other coalitions around the world, apart from mentioning three countries with no actual detail added, to enable me to prove my assertion.

Quote:
You hold up Italy then claim you know nothing,
No, I repeat to the point of tedium, I said Italy is the only country that I am familiar with on this subject, elsewhere I know little or nothing

Quote:
I have simply held up the argument of a fair political voting system. UKIP gaining no seats in the HoC is not something to celebrate even if, like me, who do not like them or their policies (which was the spark that lit this fuse).
Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion the same as anyone else, and I am not criticising that opinion, only that mine and most of our nation's electorate disagree with you, as proven by referendum, which incidentally, the LibDems themselves were responsible for pushing, ironically in their coalition with the Tories.

Quote:
There are some that argue that the Libdems managed to dampen Tory excesses so it was a success, and was only a disaster for the Libdems themselves.
Yes it can be argued, but try arguing with that with those who have suffered most from their agreed policies of austerity when they were in the coalition. By the way, I was and am not one of those, personally,apart from my aforementioned daughter when at uni.
Old 27-05-2019, 08:56 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberleyEagle View Post
Another way of looking at it - Brexit + UKIP + Tories + a small percentage of Labour = > 50%.
By the same token, not all Tories are leavers. What's left of the Tories and Labour muddy the waters
Old 27-05-2019, 09:00 AM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion the same as anyone else, and I am not criticising that opinion, only that mine and most of our nation's electorate disagree with you, as proven by referendum, which incidentally, the LibDems themselves were responsible for pushing, ironically in their coalition with the Tories.
Coalition govt was 2010-15.

EU referendum was held in 2016.

Just sayin.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:00 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
100% this ... Most of us now have a MEP that represents our views and vote ... That's not the case with Westminster MPs.
Every vote counts and has worth with proportional representation.
Funny how the undemocratic EU is not so undemocratic to you anymore.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:04 AM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Widdecombe: "Remainers have turned the country into an international laughing stock".

Yes, it was always going to be remainers' fault.

Well, I'm very very sorry and I promise I'll never do it again.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:07 AM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Jeremy was 70 yesterday
wake up jeremy it's no longer the EEC and we now have the social chapter globalisation Islamic State Putin and climate change
Old 27-05-2019, 09:07 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Anti-Brexit vote: 40.4% (LibDems, Greens, SNP, ChangeUK, Plaid Cymru)

Pro-Brexit vote: 34.9% (Brexit Party, UKIP)

Cons: 9.1%

Lab: 14.1%

Pro-Brexit = a minority.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:12 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
Coalition govt was 2010-15.

EU referendum was held in 2016.

Just sayin.
I was referring to the STV referendum vote in 2011, not the 2016 referendum.

Last edited by SE25 exile; 27-05-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Funny how the undemocratic EU is not so undemocratic to you anymore.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:18 AM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Think this needs highlighting more as some people seem to be struggling with simple maths this morning

Lib Dem + Green > Brexit Party
More spinning of stats and I'm getting sick of it. I really am, it's absolutely pathetic and the candidates last night were just as bad.

I will grant you a coalition, and yes it had to be a coalition of Lib Dems, Greens, Plaid, SNP and TIG had around 40% share to a single party Brexit and a bit from UKIP of around 35%.

That's hard Remain vs hard Brexit. The remaining share sat with Labour and Tories. No one really knows where their stand is, but given they still voted for parties who's manifesto is to honour the Brexit referendum then you can justifiably argue that possibly 60% have voted for parties delivering Brexit.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post

Pro-Brexit = a minority.
Although other factors apply, and knowing from surveys the breakdown of Tory and Labour voters into remain and leave camps, you could argue that 2% of the Tory vote was for remain and 8% leave, and for Labour, 10% are for remain and 4% for leave. Add these to the totals above and you get:

Pro Brexit = 41%

Anti Brexit = 52%

This share actually reflects the more recent scientifically sampled opinion polls quite well.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:21 AM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post

Pro-Brexit = a minority.

Some would say that the Green votes are not necessarily an endorsement of their Brexit policy and more a reflection of the recent protests and increase in visibility of environmental issues. People may feel that the Greens are better representative for us in Europe to push that agenda. And rightly so.

The Brexit Party and Lib Dem results really only show that we are still a nation polarised and you canít really read any more into than that. Itís still close.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:22 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
More spinning of stats and I'm getting sick of it. I really am, it's absolutely pathetic and the candidates last night were just as bad.

I will grant you a coalition, and yes it had to be a coalition of Lib Dems, Greens, Plaid, SNP and TIG had around 40% share to a single party Brexit and a bit from UKIP of around 35%.

That's hard Remain vs hard Brexit. The remaining share sat with Labour and Tories. No one really knows where their stand is, but given they still voted for parties who's manifesto is to honour the Brexit referendum then you can justifiably argue that possibly 60% have voted for parties delivering Brexit.
Can you? Really? Let's hear your arguments. The votes cast are fact not something that you can argue about.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
I was referring to the STV referendum vote in 2011, not the 2016 referendum.
If only it was a STV referendum...
Old 27-05-2019, 09:24 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
With the results at pretty much 50/50, and with some probable loony, hard brexiter tory leader on the way, I think the best we can hope for now is a 2nd referendum with the options as no deal or remain.

If people are still stupid enough to vote for no deal then f*ck it, let them have it. At least the 60% of people who couldn't be bothered to vote would get what they deserve.
+1

Cricket wanker.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:24 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Long View Post
Some would say that the Green votes are not necessarily an endorsement of their Brexit policy and more a reflection of the recent protests and increase in visibility of environmental issues. People may feel that the Greens are better representative for us in Europe to push that agenda. And rightly so.

The Brexit Party and Lib Dem results really only show that we are still a nation polarised and you can’t really read any more into than that. It’s still close.
The Greens were very clear that they are a pro-remain party in their literature. They offer a great alternative for remainers who still can't stomach the Lib Dems.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:28 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
The Greens were very clear that they are a pro-remain party in their literature. They offer a great alternative to remainers who still can't stomach the Lib Dems.
The greens are a mentalist organisation, up there with Scientologists. Proper loons.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:28 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberleyEagle View Post
Another way of looking at it - Brexit + UKIP + Tories + a small percentage of Labour = > 50%.
Odd maths....

Brexit 31.6
UKIP 3.3

Total 34.9

LD 20.3
Green 12.1
PC/SNP 4.6
Change 3.4

Total 40.4

Tories 9.1, Labour 14.1

Given that Tory votes mainly went up in Remain areas, and Labour mostly lost votes in Leave areas (London excluded) that suggests at the very worst 50/50 in both of those for Leave/Remain, if that is the case it becomes

Leave - 46.5
Remain - 52

Which actually mirrors current polling data.

Even if ALL Tory voters were signed to Brexit that only gives 44% which means half of Labour voters supporting Leave to get a leave majority which is contrary to every poll about Labour views.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 27-05-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
If only it was a STV referendum...
OK it was an alternative vote system, one step below STV. But the point stands.