Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

View Poll Results: How did you vote?
Conservative 0 0%
Labour 11 7.69%
Liberal Democrats 52 36.36%
Green 31 21.68%
SNP (or other regional remain party) 1 0.70%
DUP (or other regional leave Party) 0 0%
Brexit Party 26 18.18%
Change UK 15 10.49%
Other 7 4.90%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-05-2019, 10:33 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
And everyone's favourite **** Farage has failed to get elected as an MP how many times?
More times than you are able to post without swearing perhaps ?
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 27-05-2019, 10:34 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
The greens are a mentalist organisation, up there with Scientologists. Proper loons.
Did you see Ann Widdecombe last night? Swivelly eyes as well.
Old 27-05-2019, 10:35 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Unfortunately it’s Luddite views like this that mean we are where we are.

Why does this fact mean enough said?

Surely, for any right thinking democrat the opposite must be true.
It’s a lighthearted, tongue in cheek comment as believe it or not this is a football fans forum poking fun at the only MP for a party coming from the town of our biggest rivals.

Sadly like almost everything else the bad losers on this forum can’t see it as they have “straight ahead, narrowed vision, let’s attack anyone who does not share our view” goggles on.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Old 27-05-2019, 10:41 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Did you see Ann Widdecombe last night? Swivelly eyes as well.
So bulging swivelling eyes is the sign of a “loon” and not often a symptom of a thyroid gland not functioning correctly ?

Old 27-05-2019, 10:50 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
So bulging swivelling eyes is the sign of a “loon” and not often a symptom of a thyroid gland not functioning correctly ?

You really are trying too hard.
Old 27-05-2019, 10:51 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Should 'less' (maybe even 'fewer', it is certainly one or the other) not replace 'more', otherwise your dig comes across like the equivalent of someone playing conkers, missing and hitting their own knuckles.
Old 27-05-2019, 11:01 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
The correct answer was 7 times he has stood and failed to get elected as an MP.

Also, swearing is a sign of intelligence
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-05-2019, 11:09 AM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
The best news about last night is that Gerrard Batten can f*ck off back under a stone.

And take his horrible syrup with him.

The c~nt.
Good point well made
Old 27-05-2019, 11:11 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
The greens are a mentalist organisation, up there with Scientologists. Proper loons.
Expand on this crazy notion please?

SaulAlinsky
Old 27-05-2019, 11:28 AM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Proud to live part of my life in the green capital of the UK (putting aside slight ahem football rivalries). Uncomfortable with living the other part of my life in Brexit Central Middle England. It’s a clear indication of the divisions in our country though.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:04 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
Proud to live part of my life in the green capital of the UK (putting aside slight ahem football rivalries). Uncomfortable with living the other part of my life in Brexit Central Middle England. It’s a clear indication of the divisions in our country though.
I have driven a fair bit lately around rural Lincolnshire, never in my life have I seen so many Union Jack flags sometimes coupled with the flag of Lincolnshire which I have managed to go fifty odd years without knowing there was such a thing!! Had to look it up.

It takes a fair bit of commitment getting flagpoles erected.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:05 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
I have driven a fair bit lately around rural Lincolnshire, never in my life have I seen so many Union Jack flags sometimes coupled with the flag of Lincolnshire which I have managed to go fifty odd years without knowing there was such a thing!! Had to look it up.
The West Midlands is the heart of darkness.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:09 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
The West Midlands is the heart of darkness.
Worse than east midlands? I drove through Maplethorpe on a sunny Sunday to add to peculiar feel nearly everyone was dressed like it was 1930, once navigated out googled it and there was some sort of event!
Old 27-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Final results

Pic too big, numbers from graph are:

BXP 31.57% (+31.57)
LD 20.25% (+13.38)
LAB 14.12% (-11.29)
GRN 12.09% (+4.23)
CON 9.09% (-14.85)
SNP 3.58% (+1.11)
CHG 3.44% (+3.44)
UKIP 3.30% (-24.20)
OTH 1.58% (-3.67)
PLC 0.99% (+0.28)

The really interesting thing here is the Brexit Party gain is less than the UKIP/Tory collapse, while the Lib Dem/Green gain is more than the Labour party collapse.

Those Tory Remainers look to have followed Hestletine's lead and jumped ship too.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:38 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post

It takes a fair bit of commitment getting flagpoles erected.
I think the Union flags have been there before Brexit tbf. My in laws live in Woodhall Spa and a lot of the villages near by have had these up for years. I think it's to do with the large amount of ex RAF who have retired in these areas.

It's a very patriotic area and the reason why my in laws retired there as they spent a good part of their early life there in the RAF and found memories. They don't have Union flags up but as I say many of these properties have had these long before the Brexit referendum, not necessarily Brexit views.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:46 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Final results

Pic too big, numbers from graph are:

BXP 31.57% (+31.57)
LD 20.25% (+13.38)
LAB 14.12% (-11.29)
GRN 12.09% (+4.23)
CON 9.09% (-14.85)
SNP 3.58% (+1.11)
CHG 3.44% (+3.44)
UKIP 3.30% (-24.20)
OTH 1.58% (-3.67)
PLC 0.99% (+0.28)

The really interesting thing here is the Brexit Party gain is less than the UKIP/Tory collapse, while the Lib Dem/Green gain is more than the Labour party collapse.

Those Tory Remainers look to have followed Hestletine's lead and jumped ship too.
That is interesting, thanks.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:47 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
I think the Union flags have been there before Brexit tbf. My in laws live in Woodhall Spa and a lot of the villages near by have had these up for years. I think it's to do with the large amount of ex RAF who have retired in these areas.

It's a very patriotic area and the reason why my in laws retired there as they spent a good part of their early life there in the RAF and found memories. They don't have Union flags up but as I say many of these properties have had these long before the Brexit referendum, not necessarily Brexit views.
As a country, we've never really managed to claim back the flag from the right. During the 70's, those of us who fought the NF and BNP saw it as a symbol of the fascist. That was a mistake. Symbolism and its power should have been part of the battleground, which the left surrendered. You didn't win any mainstream support waving the Hammer and Sickle.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:57 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
One more than UKIP or Brexit.
Brexit have been going a matter of weeks. Come back after the next GE.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:58 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
And they bear no resemblance to Scientologists, loons or mentalists.
You ever listened to Caroline Lucas?
Old 27-05-2019, 12:58 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Brexit have been going a matter of weeks. Come back after the next GE.
Can you tell me what their domestic policies are, Al?