Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 13-02-2001, 06:02 PM
Throbbing Member

Gaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGaffer has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob S:
Off the official website:

"it was rumoured that Palace were prepared to send him back to Chelsea."
Great confirmation from the "official" site!
Old 13-02-2001, 06:10 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Smith wants Forssell to stay
ESPN
Tuesday, February 13, 2001

Crystal Palace want to keep loan striker Mikael Forssell, who has made a huge impact since arriving at the club from Chelsea, for another season.
The Finnish striker has scored 13 goals following an uncertain start to his Palace career, and now Eagles boss Alan Smith believes the player will continue to blossom if he remains at the club.

He explained: 'Mikael Forssell has had a very good season for us and he's starting to get goals for us. I just think staying for longer would be good for his development, but it's not for me to say.

'He's a Chelsea player, and if I start saying the wrong things, they're going to start saying: "Hold on Alan, it's got nothing to do with you, with due respect", so I've got to be careful.

'He's developed into a really good player with us. We've overcome the period in our relationship where we weren't quite sure of each other and it would be a shame if we couldn't see that through.'
------------------
All those who believe in telekinesis raise my hand.
Old 13-02-2001, 06:15 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
SMITH: THE FORS IS WITH US
PA SPORT
Tuesday, February 13, 2001

Crystal Palace manager Alan Smith has reiterated his desire to keep on-loan striker Mikael Forssell at Selhurst Park but admitted he has to remember the Finn is a Chelsea player.

Forssell has struck 13 goals for the Eagles this season and Smith has made no secret of his wish to keep the Finnish international at Palace for another season.

But the Eagles boss is wary that he must not be seen to be telling Forssell's employers what is best for their player.

He said: "Mikael Forssell has had a very good season for us and he's starting to get goals for us.

"I just think it would be good for his development, but it's not for me to say.

"He's a Chelsea player and if I start saying the wrong things, they're going to start saying 'Hold on Alan, it's got nothing to do with you, with due respect' so I've got to be careful.

"He's developed into a really good player with us. We've overcome the period in our relationship where we weren't quite sure of each other and it would be a shame if we couldn't see that through."
------------------
All those who believe in telekinesis raise my hand.
Old 14-02-2001, 05:59 AM

Bob S knows where the wild roses growBob S knows where the wild roses growBob S knows where the wild roses growBob S knows where the wild roses growBob S knows where the wild roses growBob S knows where the wild roses growBob S knows where the wild roses growBob S knows where the wild roses growBob S knows where the wild roses growBob S knows where the wild roses growBob S knows where the wild roses grow
Forsell

Off the official website:

FORSSELL ON FUTURE
Mikael Forssell has yet to decide on his future when his season's loan from Chelsea expires at the end of the current campaign. The Finnish striker, who has netted an astonishing 10 goals in the last 12 league matches, has been the subject of intense media speculation, as interest in the 19-year old hots up both at home and abroad. For the moment, however, the teenager is just happy to be banging in the goals for Palace. "I still have two years left on my contract with Chelsea but I haven't really thought about it a great deal," he said. "Everyone is asking me about my future after the season but I don't know about it yet. At the moment, I was just want to focus on playing for Palace and then, after the end of the season, we'll see what happens." Forssell has had an extraordinary campaign: after a dismal start, during which he scored just one goal in 13 league and cup matches, it was rumoured that Palace were prepared to send him back to Chelsea. However, his goals have helped propel the Eagles up to 14th position in the league table and, of course, into the semi-finals of the Worthington Cup. Now, the affable Finn wants to launch an unlikely play-off bid in the last third of the season. "We obviously want to finish as high in the table as we can," he remarked, "and there is a theoretical chance of us reaching the play-offs if we win enough games. Our priority at the moment is building and developing our game for next season and giving the fans a good time."