Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

View Poll Results: What's the best Floyd Album?
Piper at the Gates of Dawn 7 4.58%
A Saucerful of Secrets 0 0%
Soundtrack to "More" 1 0.65%
Ummagumma 3 1.96%
Atom Heart Mother 4 2.61%
Meddle 10 6.54%
Obscured By Clouds 2 1.31%
Dark Side of the Moon 44 28.76%
Wish You Were Here 31 20.26%
Animals 13 8.50%
The Wall 17 11.11%
The Final Cut 5 3.27%
I don't like Pink Floyd but thought I'd vote anyway 16 10.46%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-01-2003, 04:15 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Originally posted by El Aguila
Quote:
They were rather infra-dig when I was a nipper, what with punk-rock and all that...... and then I never really went out of my way to catch up.
I have no idea what "infra-dig" means, but I catch your general drift.

I rather thought that everyone would have heard it by default now - Money and Brain Damage (which many people mistakenly assume is called Dark Side of the Moon) at least seem to be constantly played in Malls, Supermarkets, TV etc.

Wish You Were Here is my second favourite - a remarkable effort considering it followed DSotM.

I like Animals a lot too (when I'm in the right mood).

But I'd vote for DSotM purely on the basis of it having Us and Them on it - beautiful sax and piano, and most excellent lyrics.
Old 29-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Re: Favourite Pink Floyd Album

Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Since we're having a "favourites" day,
Ain't you just glad I got Dave to increase the number of poll options?
Quote:
I thought it'd be rude not to include Floyd.
And it's got more replies than mine!
Quote:
Mine's Piper because I'm a huge Barrett fan and much prefer that incarnation, though Waters is a brilliant songwriter.
I'll go for Meddle. I prefer the mid-Floyd the most, and this is the album to which I listen the most. It flows effortlessly, and 'Echoes' is 23.30 of prog heaven!
Quote:
No albums after the Final Cut are included cos that ain't Floyd!
I'd say that wasn't one either - but definitely the best Floyd solo album!
Old 29-01-2003, 04:51 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Yeah, money is the one with the chinky coin noises, I assume, and Animals must be the one with all the bleating and mooing...... not particularly inspired to go much deeper by those two......
Old 29-01-2003, 04:58 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Money is the weakest track EA - give the rest a whirl.

Be drunk or stoned when you dive in though.

And wear headphones.
Old 29-01-2003, 05:00 PM
Jedi Master

bobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
I don't know, "Southampton Dock" to me is that album's saving grace.
This track never fails to bring a tear to my eye and should be compulsory listening in the days and weeks ahead.

The path to the Dark Side.
Old 29-01-2003, 05:04 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dark Side of the Moon - simply the greatest album ever made
Old 29-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders
Be .... stoned when you dive in though.
something to do with smoking dried banana skins or something like that, is it? I'll see if I can find someone who knows how to get "stoned" and report back.
Old 29-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Money is the weakest track EA - give the rest a whirl.
Oddly (since I turned out to be a massive fan of the Floyd) the first time I heard this was around a mate's house when we were about 15-16. I took the piss out of 'Money' as I reckoned it was a rip-off of 'Are You Being Served?'
Quote:
Be drunk or stoned when you dive in though.

And wear headphones.
I'm square and Don't Do Drugs, but a mate of mine years back who did claimed Dark Side was even more of a mind**** when heard quadrophonically.

To think Floyd concerts in the Seventies had 360-degree sound...

Last edited by DANGERMOUSE; 29-01-2003 at 05:12 PM.
Old 29-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally posted by DANGERMOUSE
Oddly (since I turned out to be a massive fan of the Floyd) the first time I heard this was around a mate's house when we were about 15-16. I took the piss out of 'Money' as I reckoned it was a rip-off of 'Are You Being Served?'
I bet you giggled and raided the fridge, didn't you, you little imp?
I see you have edited a disclaimer into your post - man!

Last edited by El Aguila; 29-01-2003 at 05:15 PM.
Old 29-01-2003, 05:16 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Quote:
No, I think I just fished about for Face Value...
Old 29-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Quote:
I see you have edited a disclaimer into your post - man!
What's sauce for the goose...
Old 29-01-2003, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by DANGERMOUSE
Quote:

I'm square and Don't Do Drugs...
Me neither (which is why I'm unfamiliar with the correct nomenclature).

Can't listen to DSotM for the first time without taking in all the weird **** going on in the background in between tracks though. Surely?
Old 29-01-2003, 05:20 PM

By the way, where's Relics?
Old 29-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:

Me neither (which is why I'm unfamiliar with the correct nomenclature).
Only kidding. I'm sure the nomenclature is perfectly correct but this advocacy of illegal activity should be stamped on before it gets out of hand, I feel.
Old 29-01-2003, 05:37 PM

That's nomenclature and advocacy in the last few postings.

Must be a Pink Floyd thread.
Old 29-01-2003, 05:39 PM
Middle class left.

Anyway,
"Ground floor - haberdashery, gent's ready made suits" eh, Dangermouse?
Old 29-01-2003, 05:41 PM

And Mrs Slocomes pussy of course.
Old 29-01-2003, 05:43 PM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Katie Kissoon, .
Blimey. Did she sing Sugar Candy Kisses?

Got to go Dark Side of the Moon. Managed to avoid owning it for 25+ years and finally got round to it last year. (OK burnt a copy from the library, it's not like they need the money).
Old 29-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Del Gland
Crikey..all these threads, I will have to get a Mott The Hoople one started soon.

I
Go for it All the young dudes will vote (and a few of us older ones )
Old 29-01-2003, 07:35 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
By the way, where's Relics?
I didn't include compilations