Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Thanks! Obviously I haven't watched much golf in the last few years.

It just didn't look right and got me thinking I was going nuts.

Google it. There are a lot of updates.

They basically removed a lot of the stroke punishments for actual fouls yet for some reason retained the harshest punishment of all, shot and distance, for a lost ball. So, make a mistake and ruin your card, but cheat stuff is now allowed.
Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
If stroke and distance was taken away, low handicappers would never ever ever ever ever win anything at our place, so I'm kind of glad it's been kept in
Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Depends what you call low. Our course is short and bottlenecks tight at 230 yards on many holes, i'm talking 15 yard wide fairways and a rough that would have Ken on the Course get lost in. Put a ball in there in summer and it's gone, i'm serious. So anybody who can hit it only has to hit 1 loose one to literally ruin their card. It's pretty much the reason why our first team is full of old men who cant hit it very far. Most of the younger players are double figures, yes there's the option of laying up, but tbh that isnt golf when it's on half the par 4's
Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I did these flybys back in the 2018 drought summer, so you'll have to imagine the course being all green! I was furious with the club for not using them, when I did them for free and they never stopped me even from the once I started editing.

Last edited by Spindle; Yesterday at 03:12 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM

cross sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcross sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcross sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcross sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcross sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcross sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcross sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcross sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcross sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcross sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcross sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Anyone been to any of the below for a golf weekend? Looking to book one for a gold weekend this summer and have done The Belfry, Celtic Manor, East Sussex National etc so looking for somewhere different but still with good courses and decent facilities. Handicaps of between 18 - 22.

Thoughts / any other recommendations welcome but aiming to stay within 2 / 3 hours of London.

- Forest of Arden
- Belton Woods
- St Pierre
- The Vale
Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM

I have a Forest of Arden golf shirt but have never played there. St. Pierre is a close course to me and again I've never played there but Golf Boy will have.
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross View Post
Anyone been to any of the below for a golf weekend? Looking to book one for a gold weekend this summer and have done The Belfry, Celtic Manor, East Sussex National etc so looking for somewhere different but still with good courses and decent facilities. Handicaps of between 18 - 22.

Thoughts / any other recommendations welcome but aiming to stay within 2 / 3 hours of London.

- Forest of Arden
- Belton Woods
- St Pierre
- The Vale
FoA and BW are both ok. Main course at FoA is better than BW. Both similar hotels - same old same old. The Belton village course is probably better than the hotel. If you do stay at Belton, suggest playing Stoke Rochford on the way up. Just off the A1. Smashing little track

Forest Pines is pretty good for that sort of trip. 27 holes. Maybe a bit too far though.
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross View Post

- Forest of Arden
- Belton Woods
- St Pierre
- The Vale
Played the Vale (assuming you mean the one in Cardiff) decent course for a weekend away. Belton Woods not great, Belton Park nearby is much better.

Have you thought of the Oxfordshire?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM
Someone who was

Eric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Played the Vale (assuming you mean the one in Cardiff) decent course for a weekend away. Belton Woods not great, Belton Park nearby is much better.

Have stayed and played Belton Woods a couple of times. Frankly nothing too memorable other than it was busy. Plenty of good courses within an hour’s drive though, including Woodhall Spa, which is in my personal top five.
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post

Bloody long slog for 22 handicappers is the Oxfordshire
Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I did these flybys back in the 2018 drought summer, so you'll have to imagine the course being all green! I was furious with the club for not using them, when I did them for free and they never stopped me even from the once I started editing.
Shame they didn't use them Spindle... they are very well done.

I can only assume they don't/didn't think they showed the coarse at its best due to the drought, but as you say they didn't stop you even though they knew you were working on them.
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
I'm still the shittest golfer in my family....
James Ormond v Mark Waugh – Ashes 2001 – Fifth test, The Oval

Despite Waugh undoubtedly having a greater mark on cricketing history, Ormond well and truly came out on top of this war. Upon arrival, Waugh said to Ormond: “Look who it is. Mate, what are you doing here? There’s no way you’re good enough to play for England.” Ormond replied: “Maybe not, but at least I’m the best player in my family.” Australia trounced England 4-1 on their own patch, but this minute battle was won by an Englishman.

Cricket wanker.
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
All this fun, and you get to pay them $85 for a Nike Shirt, Outer garment and Cap all with "Genesis Invitational" on them. Free offsite parking and 4 free any day tickets for friends or relatives. As a volunteer you get full course access except the club house any day, and a food and drink coupon for use at any of the food stands, except the up market ones. I was just getting a very small hot dog, and bag of crisps and a bottle of Coke (very little choice).

Merch at the Dubai Desert Classic was decent enough quality but well OTT on price e.g £100 for a polo top??

Last edited by Herr Colonpharter; Yesterday at 08:56 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Not off the reds......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I played the Oxfordshire twice a couple of years ago, thought the hotel was boring and dated and the course also of its time.

The amount of superfluous bunkering was ridiculous. It's an inland course with no natural sand or bunkers. The cost to maintain that amount of bunkers is ridiculous, so of course they don't get maintained.

Bunkers should either be natural or entirely strategic. Golf needs to be in tune with environment, and actually different environments can lead to different courses requiring different skills, making the game more interesting.

Water features in the desert and 100+ bunkers on clay based inland courses is just wrong.
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
The rules have changed Hedge