Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 04:46 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
If someone had told me 8 years ago outside Lloyd’s we would see a team of that quality within a decade I would have thought they were on something very strong.
I was saying the same thing to my boy the other day.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:47 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Just saw the training video of Meyers first day, he really does look the part.

Clinton Morrison.

Like my new page on facebook please!

www.facebook.com/bryantswm
Old 03-08-2018, 04:55 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleforlife View Post
Guiata
Wan-Bissaka Tomkins Sakho Van Aanholt
McArthur Milivojevic Meyer Kouyaté
Townsend Zaha
That's more like it, not as a standard 4-4-2 though.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:00 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Pretty sure I saw Big Ben in there as well, so maybe off the bench tomorrow and ready for Fulham?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 03-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
That's more like it, not as a standard 4-4-2 though.
We won’t play without a traditional striker, we were much better end of last season when Benteke came on.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:02 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Guaita
Tomkins - Sakho
AWB -------- Luka -------- PVA
McArthur - Kouyate - Meyer
Townsend -- Wilf
Old 03-08-2018, 05:04 PM
Time is running out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
We won’t play without a traditional striker, we were much better end of last season when Benteke came on.
No we weren't, otherwise Benteke would've started. The formation I've shown was the one Hodgson was using.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:05 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Think one of meyer or Kouyate will play the ‘rlc’ role
Got to be Mayer, surely?
Free to get further forward.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:05 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Where's the video?
Old 03-08-2018, 05:10 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynlou View Post
The only way he plays consistently on the first team is if Townsend leaves to go back to the Toon.

Don't yell, but I wouldn't be surprised if he now goes. Newcastle got paid for Mitrovic and Rafa is screaming for more signings.
I would. All we've done is replaced two midfielders. We were already a bit threadbare there. Who you gonna replace Andros with? And don't say Loftus-Cheek on loan because they are totally different kinds of player. It would be madness.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:15 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Got to be Mayer, surely?
Free to get further forward.
it's not as straightforward as that. Cabaye and McArthur (very occasionally, Luka) took turns to go forward. Loftus-Cheek was already forward most of the time, and didn't show much desire to track back. Meyer should not be seen as a Loftus-Cheek replacement, positionally. Which is why there is, I assume, still some interest in Ayew or Antonio, who would be.

Have I got this wrong?
Old 03-08-2018, 05:15 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I would. All we've done is replaced two midfielders. We were already a bit threadbare there. Who you gonna replace Andros with? And don't say Loftus-Cheek on loan because they are totally different kinds of player. It would be madness.
Yep, despite being slightly different types of players, I would say that we have probably replaced Cabaye's central role with Kouyate and RLC's more roaming and attacking role with Mayer.

So we are in a better position as we now have two permanent players but our numbers are the same. We may well need to use Andros up top at times too - he was playing there ahead of Benteke at the end of last season, there are doubts about Sorloth's quality and Wickham has only just returned from a major, major lay-off. Until/ unless we sign another stiker he may start the season up top with Wilf again.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:16 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Where's the video?
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Clinton Morrison.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:17 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanismygod View Post
It’s been discussed many times over the last few days that he’s on 80K a week
Is that wishful thinking by fans? or is it just guesswork by All concerned as none of us really know. Considering all we kept hearing was money was tight for transfers due to our high wage bill, then this, it defies all logic if its true what the papers say but i have to say i find that hard to believe we would pay that outrageous wage. If we expect to keep Wilf what will we be expected to pay him 200k p.w? Interesting.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:19 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Where's the video?
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-08-2018, 05:22 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
it's not as straightforward as that. Cabaye and McArthur (very occasionally, Luka) took turns to go forward. Loftus-Cheek was already forward most of the time, and didn't show much desire to track back. Meyer should not be seen as a Loftus-Cheek replacement, positionally. Which is why there is, I assume, still some interest in Ayew or Antonio, who would be.

Have I got this wrong?
I was absolutely being simplistic. But I would have thought Mayer will roam more than the other two (CK and LM) who are much more defensive players.

I think we will have options, which is the key. We've these two signings I think we will have more potential to play 433 too.

We may see Kouyate playing at centre back at times too (particularly with Dann still out).
Old 03-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Is that wishful thinking by fans? or is it just guesswork by All concerned as none of us really know. Considering all we kept hearing was money was tight for transfers due to our high wage bill, then this, it defies all logic if its true what the papers say but i have to say i find that hard to believe we would pay that outrageous wage. If we expect to keep Wilf what will we be expected to pay him 200k p.w? Interesting.
Stop stirring - it is one paper, the Daily Mail, other proper journalists like Aarons etc, and ITKs on here all point to around the same as Cabaye at £80k ish

Old 03-08-2018, 05:27 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Hey SV

Assuming Wilf ain't leaving then, and we're playing 442, then it's Wilf and Benteke up front with Townsend - Kouyate - Luka - Meyer in midfield.

If we play 433 then it's Townsend, Benteke and Wilf up top, with Luka - Kouyate - Meyer in the middle.

Macca's playing time hinges on whether someone leaves, or Benteke stays on the bench. Personally, we're paying Tekekrs way too much to bench him. So somethings gotta give for Macarthur to be part of the starting 11.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:34 PM

Could even go

Guiata
AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA
Kouyate Luka Mccarthur
Meyer
Townsend Zaha

Clinton Morrison.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynlou View Post
Hey SV

Assuming Wilf ain't leaving then, and we're playing 442, then it's Wilf and Benteke up front with Townsend - Kouyate - Luka - Meyer in midfield.

If we play 433 then it's Townsend, Benteke and Wilf up top, with Luka - Kouyate - Meyer in the middle.

Macca's playing time hinges on whether someone leaves, or Benteke stays on the bench. Personally, we're paying Tekekrs way too much to bench him. So somethings gotta give for Macarthur to be part of the starting 11.
It's all about options. There may be games where Kouyate is more suitable than Jimmy for example. We now have the option to rotate players a little in the middle of the pitch too, which is great.
Closed Thread