Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old Today, 06:06 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Much maligning of toasters, but has anyone considered the other item in the equation? The bread. Bread with a high water content- the more soft and pliable the higher the water content. This bread will always take longer to toast than a drier bread (or an older soft and pliable slice). Different grains too will toast at different rates.
Another factor is are you using the toaster from cold or has a couple of slices popped out recently? This alone can result in a woefully under toasted slice or equally a burnt husk.
Are you a toaster salesman?
Old Today, 06:36 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Much maligning of toasters, but has anyone considered the other item in the equation? The bread. Bread with a high water content- the more soft and pliable the higher the water content. This bread will always take longer to toast than a drier bread (or an older soft and pliable slice). Different grains too will toast at different rates.
Another factor is are you using the toaster from cold or has a couple of slices popped out recently? This alone can result in a woefully under toasted slice or equally a burnt husk.
I'll settle for a scenario where the slice of bread fits in the toaster
Old Today, 06:59 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Shouldn’t you buy bread that fits your toaster rather than expecting your toaster to adapt size to fit your bread?
Old Today, 07:02 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
CPFC box office
Old Today, 07:04 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Shouldn’t you buy bread that fits your toaster rather than expecting your toaster to adapt size to fit your bread?
I should have taken a slice of bread with me when I went toaster shopping instead of naively expecting toaster makers to know how big slices of bread are
Old Today, 07:08 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
So complex that it’s hardly worth the trouble. That’s why I prefer a nice bit of hot crumpet in the morning.
Old Today, 07:13 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I should have taken a slice of bread with me when I went toaster shopping instead of naively expecting toaster makers to know how big slices of bread are
The independent consider slot size the first consideration when buying a toaster. A bit like buying a slim fit shirt if you are carrying a few lockdown pounds won’t work well.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old Today, 07:36 AM
Climbing for dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
[/B]

And I thought it was just my fecking one.

Morphy Richards by chance?
Russell Hobbs. God, that means they're everywhere
Old Today, 07:38 AM
Climbing for dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
The independent consider slot size the first consideration when buying a toaster. A bit like buying a slim fit shirt if you are carrying a few lockdown pounds won’t work well.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I think it's more like average adult human purchases clothes advertised as suitable for average adult humans only to discover they were designed for wcb.
Old Today, 08:28 AM

stange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
kitchen bins. We've got a double bin, left hand side for usual crap, right for recycling. Pedal operated. A couple of months ago, the flimsy plastic "eye" on the inside of the lid snapped off (this is the part that the metal rod that shoots upwards when you tread on the pedal is hooked in to). So now lid doesn't open with the pedal and the only other way to open it is to hook a finger nail under the lid. Yesterday, the right hand one went the same way. Why are things so badly made these days?
Old Today, 08:35 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
I've had a leak on the boundary of my drive for about 3 months. In that time Thames Water have told me that the leak is there side, dug up the isolation Valve, then told me it was my side, turned up again a few weeks later to dig a whole on my side only to stop halfway through because the leak was from their valve, turned up a few weeks after that, dug up their valve, replaced it and refilled the hole only to discover the leak was on my side.

They're here again today, digging up my drive to repair it. I've no water in the house, the kids have emptied all the cisterns, and i need a massive shit.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...
Old Today, 08:36 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
I personally still miss toasting a nice chunk of bread on a long-handled fork in front of an open fire, with plenty of butter.
Old Today, 08:45 AM
AMAZE(ing) ???

Tripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I have a knife.
Cunningly, it has the ability to cut bits off that get in the way
Thay way, you also have a tasty piece of uncooked toast to nibble on whilst waiting.
Old Today, 08:52 AM
Climbing for dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod 10 View Post
I have a knife.
Cunningly, it has the ability to cut bits off that get in the way
Thay way, you also have a tasty piece of uncooked toast to nibble on whilst waiting.
I can only assume you design toasters for a living
Old Today, 09:46 AM

V.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Discarded masks in the street everywhere, ffs what is wrong with some people ? Can they not throw them away when they get home ?
Old Today, 09:58 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod 10 View Post
Uncooked toast? Is that called bread?
Old Today, 10:06 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
I personally still miss toasting a nice chunk of bread on a long-handled fork in front of an open fire, with plenty of butter.
I think that's what Aldershot's toaster does.