Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 21-02-2021, 07:36 PM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Kelly nowhere near as good as he thinks. Sky bigging him up is nauseating.
Had the sky commentary out here in Australia. It was as if Kelly was fighting a shadow it was that one sided. I couldnt work out at times what they were watching.

Kelly with the low guard was getting caught with the right hand throughout the fight. Kept moving to the left and getting caught, was inevitable that it would eventually catchup with him.

You need to have the tools to be able to be flashy and cocky, I dont think he is anywhere close to being that skilled from what we saw in this fight.
Old 28-02-2021, 10:41 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Canelo v Yildirim a pointless beatdown as expected. Word is Canelo didn't even bother getting juiced up.
Old 28-02-2021, 10:49 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Canelo v Yildirim a pointless beatdown as expected. Word is Canelo didn't even bother getting juiced up.
Really looking forward to seeing how BJS gets on with him.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:38 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I think BJS can outbox him, Amir Khan did for a few rounds before he was blitzkreiged.

I give Billy a 35% chance, depends on a few things.

Does he have the power to get Canelo's respect? I doubt it
Will he come in tip top shape? Career high payday, you'd expect so
Will he gas late on? Did against Eubank..

FOTY so far that's been announced

Parker vs Fa was as Alan Smith would say, incredibly average, I think Chisora has a chance
Old 03-03-2021, 02:16 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I think BJS can outbox him, Amir Khan did for a few rounds before he was blitzkreiged.

I give Billy a 35% chance, depends on a few things.

Does he have the power to get Canelo's respect? I doubt it
Will he come in tip top shape? Career high payday, you'd expect so
Will he gas late on? Did against Eubank..

FOTY so far that's been announced

Parker vs Fa was as Alan Smith would say, incredibly average, I think Chisora has a chance
Those are the right questions and answers but I think even if BJS does cause him problems Canelo is such a wise and experienced fighter he'll adapt and also carries more power. Even though I think BJS could cause problems I still think he has almost no chance of getting the result.

Didn't see the Parker fight but heard he was average and the scorecards were a joke. Should be a decent match up with Del Boy but he must be feeling the miles on the clock by now?
Old 08-03-2021, 10:48 AM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watched the Ward Vs Gatti trilogy last night just to get a boxing fix. Absolute carnage.

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33
Old 09-03-2021, 11:01 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesc_24 View Post
Watched the Ward Vs Gatti trilogy last night just to get a boxing fix. Absolute carnage.
Don't look real do they. I am going to have to re-watch as well. So sad about Gatti.
Old 10-03-2021, 12:00 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesc_24 View Post
Round 9 in the first fight is as good as boxing gets.
Old 13-03-2021, 10:46 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler. ONE OF THE VERY BEST!

Such sad news this.
Old 13-03-2021, 11:04 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas78 View Post
RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler. ONE OF THE VERY BEST!

Such sad news this.
Noooooooooo . FFS, another great from my youth gone.
Old 13-03-2021, 11:48 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
RIP Marvellous Marvin Hagler

Sugar Ray Leonard , Thomas Hearns , Roberto Duran , and Marvellous Marvin Hagler ,
What a time for Boxing , the very best fighting the very best , RIP MARVIN .
Old 13-03-2021, 11:57 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
RIP. Absolute legend and one of the very best.
Old 14-03-2021, 05:47 AM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
RIP Marvellous Marvin Hagler

Sugar Ray Leonard , Thomas Hearns , Roberto Duran , and Marvellous Marvin Hagler ,
What a time for Boxing , the very best fighting the very best , RIP MARVIN .
What a shock but yeah one of the greats.
Old 14-03-2021, 06:44 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I have just woken up to this news. Seems a shame for it to be but a footnote in a not widely read World of Sport thread.

66 is no great age, he had been very low profile.in the past few years so I don't know if his health was failing of late.

My favourite boxer of all time, fell in love with him immediately when he destroyed Minter in 1980 and stuck with him all the way through. He was an outsider and a loner when it came to the world of boxing, used his grinding sense of injustice to drive him on. Did not have an entourage, used to carry his own bag to the ring. Locked himself away in deserted hotels for months on end when training for his fights. Had an absolute granite chin, was only ever knocked to the canvas once and even on that occasion he always insisted that he'd slipped!

After retirement he softened up somewhat and enjoyed life to the full although he still allowed that final fight against Leonard to burn away within him.

The 80s really did seem like a golden era for boxing with largely unified world champions and the big guns happy to take each other on with regularity. Four Kings is a well known and superb book about that time, would also highly recommend Hagler's biography 'Marvelous', written by a boxing insider which tracks his career fight by fight.

Last edited by Bipe; 14-03-2021 at 06:57 AM.
Old 14-03-2021, 07:24 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Should have also mentioned that the 'Marvelous' monicker was originally just a nickname, one he developed because all the other boxers had one. But the ring announcers often didn't bother to use it, just introducing him as plain old 'Marvin Hagler'. So eventually he changed his name by deed poll to the full 'Marvelous Marvin Hagler', his reasoning being that then they would have no choice in the matter. Gave him another opportunity to stoke those burning fires of injustice.

For the above reason you should never spell Marvin's 'marvelous' with the English double L, if you do you're spelling his name wrong!

RIP Marvelous.
Old 14-03-2021, 11:11 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I’m no boxing fan, but there are sportsmen who transcend their sport where even non fans watch. He was one of those ( although it helped he was up against other greats )
Old 14-03-2021, 11:48 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Hagglers death now ‘linked’ to alleged side effects of Covid vaccination
Old 14-03-2021, 08:38 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Hagglers death now ‘linked’ to alleged side effects of Covid vaccination
That’s anti vaxxer rubbish.
Old 15-03-2021, 01:11 AM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
He once remarked that the toughest man he ever fought was Kevin Finnegan. Fought him twice and after one brawl Finnegan needed over 30 stitches in his face.
Another quote from Hagler after being asked why he retired. He said, "it's very hard to get up at five o'clock on a freezing morning to go running when you are sleeping in silk sheets."
A great fighter who never seemed to get the adulation he deserved.
Old 15-03-2021, 01:21 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
A great fighter who never seemed to get the adulation he deserved.
He got it from this quarter.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.