Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 12-09-2021, 08:20 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Jed Wallace

The old thread is closed but looks like this may not be dead for January or next summer….

Millwall attacking midfielder Jed Wallace is out of contract next summer and the 27-year-old English player is attracting interest from Brentford, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Newcastle United, West Ham as well as Celtic, Rangers and West Brom. (Football League World)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 12-09-2021, 08:30 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Likelihood is that is the work of an agent flushing out interest. If he had all those clubs after him he would have a much bigger profile than he does. Chances are someone will take him but no way are all those after him
Old 12-09-2021, 08:35 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Likelihood is that is the work of an agent flushing out interest. If he had all those clubs after him he would have a much bigger profile than he does. Chances are someone will take him but no way are all those after him
As a free agent it would not be that surprising. He’s also started the season very well with 3 goals and 2 assists in 6 games. 21 goals and 18 assists over the last two seasons.

As a solid squad player he would be very handy in a front three. Probably more value than say Ayew.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 12-09-2021, 09:23 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I would keep Ayew another year (out of contract in the summer)

An amiable squad man, useful to have around
Old 12-09-2021, 01:46 PM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Ayew is a trier for which he cant be faulted, but 1 goal in 50 games and very little creativity to offer you have to question what does he actually bring.
I would say Olise when settled and up and running to premiership/fitness standards, he will displace Ayew probably in the next month or so. Could Jed Wallace be the answer next summer, or will he even be needed? i would like to think at that stage we would be looking for better especially if Olise has not cut it.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:00 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Ayew is a trier for which he cant be faulted, but 1 goal in 50 games and very little creativity to offer you have to question what does he actually bring.
I would say Olise when settled and up and running to premiership/fitness standards, he will displace Ayew probably in the next month or so. Could Jed Wallace be the answer next summer, or will he even be needed? i would like to think at that stage we would be looking for better especially if Olise has not cut it.
Fantastic work-rate, a desire to work his nuts off, get back goal side and make sure oppo has few options to pass thru us. He also carries the ball... and wins loads of free kicks. Underrated member of the team.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:05 PM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Fantastic work-rate, a desire to work his nuts off, get back goal side and make sure oppo has few options to pass thru us. He also carries the ball... and wins loads of free kicks. Underrated member of the team.
Sounds too good to be true, so based on that i would sign him up.
But i am not sure if we continue to progress the way PV intends that we will be looking at players of his caliber or possibly higher.
I would say for now it is more likely Vieira will give Olise his chance and have Ayew as his back up, next summer is a long way off for now.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:24 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
You want an Ayew style player who can come on to close out a game by chasing everyone down, carrying the ball up the pitch before winning a free kick. Points isnt just about how many goals you score or create
Old 12-09-2021, 04:18 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Agree with all this. And if he played centrally he would still score a few goals. Hopefully Edouard will be the upgrade we all hope and nail down that position but Ayew is still useful.
Old 12-09-2021, 06:23 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Also gives everyone a lift with his cheerful smile
Old 12-09-2021, 06:33 PM

Old Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Yes. If we are going to adopt pressing tactics Ayew will be very useful for his ability to hassle and disrupt opposing defenders in their own half, and win free kicks from them. I can easily understand why he gets picked for the starting team so often.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:26 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bill View Post
Yes. If we are going to adopt pressing tactics Ayew will be very useful for his ability to hassle and disrupt opposing defenders in their own half, and win free kicks from them. I can easily understand why he gets picked for the starting team so often.
All correct for a bottom half side but not good enough if you want to do better than that.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:59 PM

Hazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
All correct for a bottom half side but not good enough if you want to do better than that.
You need a variety of players, some have to be willing squad members prepared to do the hard yards when needed, Ayew is this player, he gets loads of free kicks for us and his contribution is about so much more than goals.
Old 13-09-2021, 09:42 AM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
If you took what Ayew does and added more goals and assists you have Grealish, so unless you are suggesting a £100m replacement I very much think Ayew is our level right now
Old 13-09-2021, 09:52 AM

I H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietI H8 CWEED came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Leave Ayew alone. Great player.
Old 13-09-2021, 09:59 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
If you took what Ayew does and added more goals and assists you have Grealish, so unless you are suggesting a £100m replacement I very much think Ayew is our level right now
Dont mind addingwallace as would be very cheap and strengthen the squad but i doubt that he is better more versatile than jordan. So not instead of jordan who still is an effective ish first team player
Old 13-09-2021, 11:00 AM

aashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Olise is ayews upgrade, and after that surely Rak-Sakyi needs to be in the running. No point getting a nearly 28 year old in
Old 13-09-2021, 03:26 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Agreed, not sure I see the point in signing Wallace.
Old 13-09-2021, 03:51 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
Olise is ayews upgrade, and after that surely Rak-Sakyi needs to be in the running. No point getting a nearly 28 year old in
This. Unless Eze’s return is getting delayed
Old 13-09-2021, 04:22 PM

E.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
So we're saying it's simply not possible to upgrade on Ayew unless we spend £100m? The only players better than Ayew in his position are £100m players?

I don't mind Ayew at all - he's not great but then neither are we (give or take the occasional Spurs battering) and he tries and can do a job - but that is some stretch.