Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 31-08-2021, 11:40 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Aurier??? Absolute shite and a complete liability.
Plus - 4 right backs…..overkill I think….

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 31-08-2021, 11:43 AM

EaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Yes, but the amount freed up from players leaving was over 30m a year, if those wages coming in are less than 20m(I expect they are) then the money saved over 5 years will almost pay the installments on the transfer fees.
Big win win! Do we know the wages well enough at the moment to do the calculation?
Old 31-08-2021, 11:45 AM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Aurier??? Absolute shite and a complete liability.
Don’t play at the level he has been at and be shite. I think there is a bias to think the lesser players at big clubs are really bad. Players like Aurier, Chambers, Lindelof etc would turn up at Palace and look excellent relative to what we are used to and in a more defensive setup.
Old 31-08-2021, 11:45 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Managers always want more. He’ll be fine.

We are still trying for wide player
I could be wrong but after the West Ham game I think he said he would be happy with the players he has if we don't bring anymore in.
Old 31-08-2021, 11:47 AM

mikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Kurzawa and Matthew Hoppe: My wishlist for today.
Old 31-08-2021, 11:47 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Don’t play at the level he has been at and be shite. I think there is a bias to think the lesser players at big clubs are really bad. Players like Aurier, Chambers, Lindelof etc would turn up at Palace and look excellent relative to what we are used to and in a more defensive setup.
It's a different requirement at PSG and Spurs where you spend most of the time attacking. He's a poor defender as is Doherty. Lindelof is decent but Chambers is a massive liability too.

A lot of these cast off defenders from top clubs are decent on the ball but can't defend.
Old 31-08-2021, 11:50 AM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
It's a different requirement at PSG and Spurs where you spend most of the time attacking. He's a poor defender as is Doherty. Lindelof is decent but Chambers is a massive liability too.

A lot of these cast off defenders from top clubs are decent on the ball but can't defend.
They could defend if the system is setup to defend. Drop any of those in a Burnley or Hodgson drilled setup and they would look rock solid. When the likes of Aurier and Chambers are playing full back for Spurs / Arsenal they are expected to be wingers as well as defenders. It’s shows up weaknesses at a very high level. Drop them in the Palace team and they would be up there with our best players.
Old 31-08-2021, 12:54 PM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I could be wrong but after the West Ham game I think he said he would be happy with the players he has if we don't bring anymore in.
He was reading from the PR man's script
Old 31-08-2021, 01:01 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
Quote:
What a laugh if he’d have gone
“Yes we are interested in strengthening the squad. We have a lightweight paper boy at left back, Joel Ward is well past his best, Jimmy Mac has 3 grandkids, we have a keeper who now waves at crosses, the guy Ayew would struggle at Grimsby and it looks like Wilf wants to go into refereeing. Up front we have been working with Christian, a banjo and a cows arse. Christ knows who the tall guy in middle is that keeps giving the ball away, so yeah, I’m hopeful to get some in”
Old 31-08-2021, 01:11 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesSnapBack View Post
Big win win! Do we know the wages well enough at the moment to do the calculation?
I can't see us paying Edouard over £50k per week.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 31-08-2021, 01:20 PM

tiempo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldtiempo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldtiempo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldtiempo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldtiempo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldtiempo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldtiempo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldtiempo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldtiempo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldtiempo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldtiempo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilvy View Post
What a laugh if he’d have gone
“Yes we are interested in strengthening the squad. We have a lightweight paper boy at left back, Joel Ward is well past his best, Jimmy Mac has 3 grandkids, we have a keeper who now waves at crosses, the guy Ayew would struggle at Grimsby and it looks like Wilf wants to go into refereeing. Up front we have been working with Christian, a banjo and a cows arse. Christ knows who the tall guy in middle is that keeps giving the ball away, so yeah, I’m hopeful to get some in”
Excellent! Made me laugh
Old 31-08-2021, 02:17 PM

Another one saying we are probably done:

Alex Howell
@iamAlexHowell
·
19m
Told there is unlikely to be anymore incomings at #CPFC
Old 31-08-2021, 02:18 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Adding Edouard to what we have is good but it’s a shame we never signed another winger
Old 31-08-2021, 02:24 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian J View Post
That won't make Vieira very happy as he was hoping for a couple more
Was saying that before Hughes signed...

Hughes and Edouard = 2 = couple...
Old 31-08-2021, 02:25 PM

MAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Adding Edouard to what we have is good but it’s a shame we never signed another winger
Let's hope that Olise surprises us on the right.
Old 31-08-2021, 02:29 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAW View Post
Let's hope that Olise surprises us on the right.
I think he may be used from the bench a lot. He has great skill, but he is still young and he has a few too many tricks with all the back heels that may not be so successful in the PL. He also turns a lot quickly and in the videos he was getting fouls awarded, the new guidelines for the refs may not give many of those either.
Old 31-08-2021, 02:30 PM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Another one saying we are probably done:

Alex Howell
@iamAlexHowell
·
19m
Told there is unlikely to be anymore incomings at #CPFC
He added “apart from Edouard”.
Old 31-08-2021, 02:34 PM

CALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCALGARY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If no more after Edouarde should we take that as positive news as to Olise and Eze progress to full fitness. If they were still some time away surely we would have got a winger in.
Old 31-08-2021, 02:42 PM
Natus Londini ad austrum

Aquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGARY View Post
If no more after Edouarde should we take that as positive news as to Olise and Eze progress to full fitness. If they were still some time away surely we would have got a winger in.
Why?...they could be chasing others that won't come off without our ever really knowing it. As the "information" debacle over a new manager demonstrated, we'll only know when the club release something on those matters.
Old 31-08-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGARY View Post
I think the idea of another winger was more opportunistic. We have 2 years maximum to replace Wilf so finding a young winger who offered value would have been ideal but not necessarily an immediate priority.