Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 04-09-2021, 12:08 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Schlupp's injury does make the lack of a new left back a trifle more concerning.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:31 AM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian J View Post
As you don't seem to know much about Palace's injury record Schlupp never manages to play many games before getting himself injured again
And 8 days after making this post he's injured his hamstring playing for Ghana
Old 04-09-2021, 06:25 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
I think Clyne was on the left on the training videos, pretty sure he scored from the left anyway. My memory could be letting me down again tbf. He's played there a few times in his career and although he isn't the same player these days, I think I'd rather Clyne at left back than Schlupp anyway.

I'd view the Schlupp injury as a loss to our attacking options rather than defence. Hopefully it isn't a bad one.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:51 AM

Bangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Schlupp's injury does make the lack of a new left back a trifle more concerning.
Schlupp playing left-back sounds plenty concerning to me
Old 04-09-2021, 08:15 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thats the frustration, it's been clear to see that an additional and ideally experienced Left Back should have been added, not just for in the event of injury but also as Mitchell has been struggling and needs to be taken out of the firing line so as to regain confidence.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:41 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Thats the frustration, it's been clear to see that an additional and ideally experienced Left Back should have been added, not just for in the event of injury but also as Mitchell has been struggling and needs to be taken out of the firing line so as to regain confidence.
Agree that we needed another left back as competition/cover, but I think Mitchell was excellent second half against West Ham. Hopefully heíll take confidence from that.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:55 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
What is his injury? Sounds like he came off as a precaution rather than he has actually damaged the hamstring.

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 04-09-2021 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:08 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
What is his injury? Sounds like he came off as a precaution rather than he has actually damaged the hamstring.
Hopefully
Old 04-09-2021, 12:21 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've always liked Shlupp but surely be needs to go at the next opportunity as we have painfully learned that players who are constantly injured are no good to us.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:33 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I've always liked Shlupp but surely be needs to go at the next opportunity as we have painfully learned that players who are constantly injured are no good to us.
Yeah, I really like him and his versatility is a real asset too. But if the likes of Olise settle and the left back slot looks OK then we would probably probably be wise to see if we can move him on. Although his wages may not make that easy.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:08 PM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Not sure who you think is about to get injured but that seems an unnatural foresight and you might want to let the club know.
I was referring to Schlupp who never manages to plat more than a few games without getting injured and I'm sure that the club are well aware of his injury record.

Oh dear. I see that he's injured again
Old 04-09-2021, 01:47 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
We still have a domestic loan, perhaps we can get someone in short term in January
Old 04-09-2021, 02:29 PM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
We don't even have 25 Over 21 players do we? Surely that means we can sign free agents if we wanted to? I counted 21 unless I am wrong?

Butland
Ward
Mitchell
Milivojevic
Tomkins
Kouyate
Ayew
Eze
Zaha
Hughes
Guaita
Mateta
Schlupp
Andersen
Clyne
McArthur
Matthews
Benteke
Eduoard
Kelly
Riedewald

Then unless I am wrong aren’t these classed as U21 this season?
Guehi
Olise
Gallagher
Ferguson

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 04-09-2021 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:36 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
We also have

Dreher - just signed new contract
Rich-Baghuelou - just signed new contract
Roles - just arrived
Jach - international man of mystery

who are over 21s, so a full 25, so no free agents.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 04-09-2021, 02:53 PM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
We also have

Dreher - just signed new contract
Rich-Baghuelou - just signed new contract
Roles - just arrived
Jach - international man of mystery

who are over 21s, so a full 25, so no free agents.
Dreher and Jach I forgot about. Didn't know how old the other two are.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:20 AM

Ticehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
John hartson just said on the radio what a great signing Eduarde is for palace, very good footballer hasn't been at it last few months going back to last season. But will score lots of goals for us.. Fingers crossed
Old 05-09-2021, 01:39 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticehurst View Post
John hartson just said on the radio what a great signing Eduarde is for palace, very good footballer hasn't been at it last few months going back to last season. But will score lots of goals for us.. Fingers crossed
He could go either way I think. But strikers are always expensive and hard to find. He looks like he has a lot to his games. If he is a hit here and scores regularly then 14m rising to 18m could be an absolute bargain.

But of course he could flop, struggle with the higher level and be an expensive flop on high wages.
Old 05-09-2021, 07:45 PM

Ticehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTicehurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Granted Eddie and much higher priced strikers have totally flopped. Decent price and everyone North of the border who has watched him regualy reckons he could make it. If he can chip in with 10-12 same with likes of bentekie and wilf and goals coming from midfield it will be a big help to a successful season.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:37 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
IMO JS was never left back cover so his injury doesn't open that up as an area of weakness. It's an area of weakness because the cover is our two right backs, one of whom really needs to be playing over there. (The decision to use JW instead of JR against Watford was very telling, also IMO.)

Schlupp's injury actually exposes a weakness in the wider players of our front three: with him, Olise, and Eze all unfit, I can only see Zaha and Ayew to fill those two roles (CB, JPM nor EO must remain central) - so we're into Rak-Sakyi or a change on formation. Hopefully, Olise, being back in training, is ready to play in a couple of weeks.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 06-09-2021, 08:28 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
IMO JS was never left back cover so his injury doesn't open that up as an area of weakness. It's an area of weakness because the cover is our two right backs, one of whom really needs to be playing over there. (The decision to use JW instead of JR against Watford was very telling, also IMO.)

Schlupp's injury actually exposes a weakness in the wider players of our front three: with him, Olise, and Eze all unfit, I can only see Zaha and Ayew to fill those two roles (CB, JPM nor EO must remain central) - so we're into Rak-Sakyi or a change on formation. Hopefully, Olise, being back in training, is ready to play in a couple of weeks.
Whether Schlupp was left back cover doesnít mean he wonít be left back cover going forward. Since the Watford game we have signed Edouard and Hughes. Coming back into the fold will be Clyne (Coronavirus), Milivojevic (personal), and then Olise, Eze and Ferguson coming back from injury hopefully. Some of those will mean that Schlupp wonít be needed in the midfield or front 3.

The next time the manager looks at a replacement for Mitchell, unless he is injured, wonít be for another 6 or 7 weeks. Mitchell has enough in the bank to get through until then as the first choice. But it is also once we get into November that the games become more winnable and we might want to attack more.

GK: Guaita, Butland, Matthews

LB: Mitchell
CB: Guehi, Andersen, Tomkins, Kelly
RB: Ferguson, Ward, Clyne

DM: Milivojevic, Kouyate
CM: Gallagher, Eze, McArthur, Hughes

AML: Zaha, Ayew
CF: Benteke, Edouard, Mateta
AMR: Olise, Rak-Sakyi

I appreciate the likes of Kouyate, Hughes, Zaha and Eze can play in multiple positions but I donít see how Schlupp gets into the front 3 or box-to-box midfield until at least 3 injuries to first teamers. And yet at left back itís only one. Arguably the same can be said for Jairo too with Hughes, Luka and Kouyate ahead of him for the holding role.

It will all come out in the wash. I appreciate the Watford game was concerning to see a right footed left back operating. But they probably wanted to give minutes to first teamers to improve fitness for the premier league games coming up and with not many options it was decided that was the best way to do it. But going forward, if Vieira is coherent with his pre-season strategy of wanting the left back to get high up the pitch then Schlupp is the obvious guy to go to when the games are winnable.