Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 11-10-2021, 08:50 AM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Did the Brighton half this morning in 1:41:08. Absolutely obliterated my half marathon PB by four minutes
Great time!

I did 1:56:17 which beat my previous time from Manchester by over a minute, so I was happy.

My dad did 1:37, which I think was 4th V60.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 13-10-2021, 07:56 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
I hope you recover fully, it was only after 2 weeks that i started feeling better. Hopefully you'll regain your full strength soon.
THanks.

3 months on from Covid and I'm back to full fitness. Tried my local park run course for the first time in ages and took a minute off my PB from 2019. Enjoying running again. There was a month and a bit of hating every minute of it but I'm over that hurdle now.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina

Last edited by greybot; 13-10-2021 at 07:58 PM.
Old 14-10-2021, 11:33 AM

clockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone else running the Cambridge half this Sunday? Much nicer finish now they’ve reversed the course.
Old 14-10-2021, 11:43 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockhouse View Post
Anyone else running the Cambridge half this Sunday? Much nicer finish now theyíve reversed the course.
I've run the last two & have a place this weekend but I just haven't done enough training for a number of reasons. I'll be there to support a mate who is running it. Lemme know your number/your expected time/which Palace top you'll be wearing & I'll give you an 'Eagles!' if I see you.
Old 14-10-2021, 11:59 AM

clockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I've run the last two & have a place this weekend but I just haven't done enough training for a number of reasons. I'll be there to support a mate who is running it. Lemme know your number/your expected time/which Palace top you'll be wearing & I'll give you an 'Eagles!' if I see you.
Iím 941. I also havenít done nearly enough training for a quick (for me) time so Iíll be looking at around 1.50/1.55. Iíll be in the third kit.
Old 14-10-2021, 12:17 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iím 941. I also havenít done nearly enough training for a quick (for me) time so Iíll be looking at around 1.50/1.55. Iíll be in the third kit.
Cool. Have a good run
Old 14-10-2021, 12:42 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Didn't know about it. I just asked if I can join in for any late drop outs and they just said "no". Strange as there are a number of people who can't go last minute because of injury. Maybe had to be on a waiting list. I'll come down and cheer you on instead.

Old 14-10-2021, 01:43 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Just did my first 10km in ages!

Avg. 5:24 per km, which I'll take. Gives me something to work with and can look to enter a few 10k races and with a bit of training should be sub 50 minutes.

I'd been a bit slack the last week with the strengthening exercises I was meant to be doing on my hip but obviously had some impact.
Old 14-10-2021, 01:48 PM

Good work Tomo! Bet that felt good.

Old 14-10-2021, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
Didn't know about it. I just asked if I can join in for any late drop outs and they just said "no". Strange as there are a number of people who can't go last minute because of injury. Maybe had to be on a waiting list. I'll come down and cheer you on instead.
Theyíve been very strict this year due to Covid. The whole event has been rescheduled from March. Pre-registration for next years in March is open at the moment though the OSB website I think. Iíll keep my ears open for any Eagles shout outs. Iím going to need all the support I can get this year!
Out of interest which is your local Parkrun? Mineís Letchworth but a new one has just started at Henlow Lakes so I might try that one out soon. At least itíll be flat!
Old 14-10-2021, 02:08 PM

Letchworth is my local park run too. Surprised you haven't said hello to me yet. Been in my Palace top a few times Was up and down the hill yesterday for a practice one. It's very dry for a change so no carnage corner and could get some speed on.

Old 14-10-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Letchworth is my local park run too. Surprised you haven't said hello to me yet. Been in my Palace top a few times Was up and down the hill yesterday for a practice one. It's very dry for a change so no carnage corner and could get some speed on.
Iíve never seen a Palace top in the 40 odd times Iíve run or marshalled at Letchworth and if I did Iíd definitely say hello. Normally completely outnumbered by Arsenal and Spurs! Iíll be there more often than not from now on as I quite enjoy the mud during the winter months, good stamina training :super-grin:
Old 14-10-2021, 04:14 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Good work Tomo! Bet that felt good.
yeah unbelievable to be honest.

I felt I had a few kilometres in the bank as well, which has given me a lot of confidence.
Old 14-10-2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I’ve never seen a Palace top in the 40 odd times I’ve run or marshalled at Letchworth and if I did I’d definitely say hello. Normally completely outnumbered by Arsenal and Spurs! I’ll be there more often than not from now on as I quite enjoy the mud during the winter months, good stamina training :super-grin:
My Palace top made a few appearances in the summer but admittedly not during winter months where I got a few layers on! I'll wear it this Saturday for my return

I just got my 25 milestone tee through the post this week.

Last edited by greybot; 14-10-2021 at 06:06 PM.
Old 15-10-2021, 01:34 PM

Just cracked out another 10k.

Weekend off I think.
Old 15-10-2021, 03:37 PM

Nice one! Just did a 10k myself and it was very enjoyable in what I'd say are perfect running conditions and temp as it's glorious out there.

Old 15-10-2021, 03:42 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Return of Surrey XC league tomorrow. Richmond Park, & Epsom Downs.

Richmond Park is where it's at for the higher depth in standard though, in both Mens and Womens. Alex Yee won the corresponding first fixture in division 1, 3 years ago. Good luck Tomario if you're running. I'll be at Epsom.
Old 16-10-2021, 09:29 AM

Letchworth park run was interesting this morning. A massive tractor with the huge seed drill came after us at the start , then it overtook us on the hill and held a load of us up while he crossed onto the course again to go into another field. The only thing that could have made it even more surreal was Superman turning up to move it out of the way

Old 16-10-2021, 12:01 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Letchworth park run was interesting this morning. A massive tractor with the huge seed drill came after us at the start , then it overtook us on the hill and held a load of us up while he crossed onto the course again to go into another field. The only thing that could have made it even more surreal was Superman turning up to move it out of the way
sounds fun!

Another Pb for me this morning on ours and under 21min for 1st time(2 seconds over last week). That really was hard work,think my peak is getting very close not sure i can keep getting faster each week.
Old 16-10-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Love it. I saw the wasp warning on Twitter but nothing about tractors . I ended up doing a slow trot at Henlow Parkrun (saving my legs for tomorrowís half). Two and a half laps, all trails, dead flat. Might start alternating between the two to mix it up a bit.