Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-10-2021, 03:07 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I think I have been in Chile just about the right amount of time. TBH

Glad I am here these days, all things considered. Despite its many faults.
yeah, getting hold of them baked beans was a nightmare!
Old 14-10-2021, 03:10 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I’m surprised to hear that - about 80% of the masks I see here are surgical masks and 10% N95. I do suspect the people wearing the cloth ones are the anti mask zealot types. Which is weird because they look harder to take off.
Cloth ones just as easy to take off, but more visually attractive (especially the ones with the cpfc logo…), some more comfortable - and more environmental I suppose. But much less good at doing the intended job as the N95 masks, probably no different to other paper ones if washed regularly.
Old 14-10-2021, 03:12 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
yeah, getting hold of them baked beans was a nightmare!
He still has a room full if you need more.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 14-10-2021, 03:13 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
I do suspect the people wearing the cloth ones are the anti mask zealot types.
Now I've heard it all.
Old 14-10-2021, 03:19 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
New cases have increased here, but deaths are at a mininum.

Get vaccinated peeps.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 14-10-2021, 03:33 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iím surprised to hear that - about 80% of the masks I see here are surgical masks and 10% N95. I do suspect the people wearing the cloth ones are the anti mask zealot types. Which is weird because they look harder to take off.
From my impressions cloth masks are the majority of those worn in some areas. They have become marketing devices for firms with logos plastered on them and fashion items for some retailers who sell masks to match the clothing you are purchasing - rather like handbags, shoes, ties, etc.
Old 14-10-2021, 03:39 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
He still has a room full if you need more.
I was eyeing up that pallet desirously when I picked up my order.
Old 14-10-2021, 03:50 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Think mask wearing is what differentiates us from the rest of Europe and case numbers point to a link. Getting pretty worrying again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
We aren’t wearing them
+1 not seen anyone wearing masks here on the mainland. Maybe other European countries are.

Those UK figures are nuts, consistently above 40,000 now everyday. What's going on over there?
Old 14-10-2021, 03:52 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post
+1 not seen anyone wearing masks here on the mainland. Maybe other European countries are.

Those UK figures are nuts, consistently above 40,000 now everyday. What's going on over there?
Wonder if asymptomatic testing is playing a part?
Old 14-10-2021, 03:56 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post

The herd is seeking immunity.
Old 14-10-2021, 03:57 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Wonder if asymptomatic testing is playing a part?
hmmm not sure, we have the highest testing level in the world currently per population. I mean our positive figures are increasing slightly as well so there is a trend upwards as well, but yeah just looking to book flights to the UK for next month so hoping for the best and that plague island doesn't bar us
Old 14-10-2021, 04:03 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Now I've heard it all.
They tend to have Spanish flags or military symbols on. I really havenít seen many cloth ones apart from those. They look very porous.
I imagine in Barcelona they have Catalan flag masks, havenít been there since this all bagan.
Old 14-10-2021, 04:16 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
I’ve had Covid since the weekend. Despite being double vaccinated it has been the worst illness I’ve had other than when I got the flu years back and lost a stone in weight and was hallucinating.

If it was this bad with the vaccine I hate to think what it would have been like without. And I’m in my 40s, good BMI and no known underlying health issues.

It made me a bit anxious at times. First day I’ve felt a bit more normal and really hoping I’m on the mend.

Get vaccinated if you aren’t, you really don’t wanna get Covid.
Old 14-10-2021, 04:25 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I wear an Adidas mask. It some sort of fabric, but it has a pocket (or slot) where you can insert disposable filters. It also comes up the nose a bit more than the "doctor's office" disposable type.

I got 3 of them at the time and rotate them and change the filter once a week.

Very comfortable and even after a year still good as new.
Old 14-10-2021, 04:33 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
I’ve had Covid since the weekend. Despite being double vaccinated it has been the worst illness I’ve had other than when I got the flu years back and lost a stone in weight and was hallucinating.

If it was this bad with the vaccine I hate to think what it would have been like without. And I’m in my 40s, good BMI and no known underlying health issues.

It made me a bit anxious at times. First day I’ve felt a bit more normal and really hoping I’m on the mend.

get well soon
Old 14-10-2021, 04:40 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:

Stories not like this not helping my anxiety about the work I've taken on for a week...

Supply teaching in a class where the teacher is off as they have tested positive and several of the kids have since gone down (7 year olds). School have adjusted their timings slightly to limit contact with rest of the school and cancelled assemblies/after school clubs etc.

Suffice to say every window/door in the room is open but beyond that not much else I can do really! Still can't afford to turn the work and money down, especially just before half term kicks in!
Old 14-10-2021, 04:40 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
get well soon
Thanks phil!
Old 14-10-2021, 04:41 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iíve had Covid since the weekend. Despite being double vaccinated it has been the worst illness Iíve had other than when I got the flu years back and lost a stone in weight and was hallucinating.

If it was this bad with the vaccine I hate to think what it would have been like without. And Iím in my 40s, good BMI and no known underlying health issues.

It made me a bit anxious at times. First day Iíve felt a bit more normal and really hoping Iím on the mend.

Get vaccinated if you arenít, you really donít wanna get Covid.
That sounds horrible - hope you feel better soon!
Old 14-10-2021, 04:43 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iíve had Covid since the weekend. Despite being double vaccinated it has been the worst illness Iíve had other than when I got the flu years back and lost a stone in weight and was hallucinating.

If it was this bad with the vaccine I hate to think what it would have been like without. And Iím in my 40s, good BMI and no known underlying health issues.

It made me a bit anxious at times. First day Iíve felt a bit more normal and really hoping Iím on the mend.

Get vaccinated if you arenít, you really donít wanna get Covid.
Sorry to hear this and hope you are starting to recover, but your last line is very sound advice.

45000 cases today, this really hasn't gone away. Yes, we do need to try and live our lives, but IMO should really wear masks in shops and public transport.

And unhelpful statements from this Govt about how those WFH, should get back to their offices don't help, either.
Old 14-10-2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Stories not like this not helping my anxiety about the work I've taken on for a week...

Supply teaching in a class where the teacher is off as they have tested positive and several of the kids have since gone down (7 year olds). School have adjusted their timings slightly to limit contact with rest of the school and cancelled assemblies/after school clubs etc.

Suffice to say every window/door in the room is open but beyond that not much else I can do really! Still can't afford to turn the work and money down, especially just before half term kicks in!
I wonder if I got it via my daughters school but to be honest with over 40k cases a day it could have been anywhere.

Only thing I would say is that if you are vaccinated and are 34 even if you got it then it would range from very mild to pretty horrible but you wouldnít be hospitalised in all probability. I think I saw a stat that not a single double vaccinated person under 40 (might have even been 50), has died in the last month in the U.K.