Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-09-2021, 12:41 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
I also presume that if working from home permanently you would still need to include commuting if there was the off chance of ever being called in and using your car.
I almost fell into a pitfall when my employer asked me to use my own car to go on a business meeting. Thankfully I realised after an uneventful journey and made sure they insured me for future use.
Old 15-09-2021, 12:44 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Is this insurers sneakily trying to avoid paying out since it appears drivers have decided things like stopping at red lights is no longer a thing since lockdown ended?
Old 15-09-2021, 12:57 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Its barely a new thing. It’s been a part of car insurance for as long as I can remember.
Using your car for work, yes. Using it to drive to work, meh. I mean, how many people drive to the station, for example? That presumably is classified as driving to work.
Old 15-09-2021, 01:14 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Using your car for work, yes. Using it to drive to work, meh. I mean, how many people drive to the station, for example? That presumably is classified as driving to work.
A quick search brings this up from Which...

There are six insurance classes of use you can choose from:

Social, domestic and pleasure: this covers driving to visit friends, go shopping, travel on day trips or holidays, and other day-to-day driving trips. It doesn’t cover driving to work. During the pandemic, people with this class of insurance were temporarily covered to drive to work, but from 30 April that won’t be the case.

Commuting: this covers all of the above, plus commuting to work. This includes driving to a train station and leaving your car there while you get the train the rest of the way to the office, and it also covers driving someone else to work.

Read more: To view the link you have to Register or Login - Which?
Old 15-09-2021, 01:49 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
Its barely a new thing. It’s been a part of car insurance for as long as I can remember.
That doesn’t make it right
Old 15-09-2021, 02:24 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well, in my 35 plus years of motoring I have never heard of it.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 15-09-2021, 02:26 PM

MKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks for the interest
this is from my certicate of insurance, which is online and I admit I never look at

Limitations as to use
What's covered:
● Social, domestic and pleasure use.
What's not covered:
● Travelling to and from one permanent place of business or study.
● Trade, business and professional use and any use connected with the motor
trade, hire or reward.
● For racing on a public highway.
● Use at any event where your vehicle is driven:
● On a motor-racing track, including de-restricted toll roads such as the
Nürburgring
● On a prepared course
● At any off-road event, such as a 4x4 event
● At an airfield.

I always thought that getting to work was covered as you are not running a business with your car, and it is one of the main reasons for getting a car
Old 15-09-2021, 02:27 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
I've always been aware of the need to insure for commuting.

Odd that different people have different experiences of this.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 15-09-2021, 02:35 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
yeah its always one of the questions when you apply for insurance, are you using the car for social/leisure or for commuting too. Surprised that so many people havent noticed this.

Not sure what difference it makes if you are using car for leisure or commuting though, as long as the total mileage doesnt exceed what you've specified.
Old 15-09-2021, 02:47 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
I don't use it to commute... or do I?

I use it take the kids to school. I then leave the school and take a bus to work. I return on the bus to school, collect the kids and use the car to drive the kids home.

MKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMKDave : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've been driving since the 1970's and wonder if over the years travelling to work has moved from the covered list to the not covered list.
I am with a reputable company, renew fully comp every year and don't remember being asked the question, may have been at some stage.
All I hope is a few people check their cover.
Climbing for dollars

(I don't anymore thanks to covid)
Old 15-09-2021, 02:57 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKDave View Post
I've been driving since the 1970's and wonder if over the years travelling to work has moved from the covered list to the not covered list.
I am with a reputable company, renew fully comp every year and don't remember being asked the question, may have been at some stage.
All I hope is a few people check their cover.
This is my recollection. I'm sure the specifiction always used to be, "Social, Domestic and Pleasure, plus driving to one fixed place of work"

I haven't however driven for close on 15 years, due first off to not being able to afford it and for the last 10 or so due to health. I must say, with all the brain-dead arseholes now on the roads ruling the roost I don't miss it.
Old 15-09-2021, 03:00 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
In my experience they now phrase it as "Driving in peak periods", as there's no real way to prove you're driving to work if you just say that you weren't.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...
Old 15-09-2021, 03:01 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Insurance is simply a racket. I don’t know anybody who doesn’t work in it that disagrees…

Cricket wanker.
Old 15-09-2021, 04:40 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Insurance is simply a racket. I don’t know anybody who doesn’t work in it that disagrees…
We had a trip planned and purchased trip cancellation insurance. When we cancelled the trip and looked into making a claim on the insurance it became obvious it was a waste of time.

Apparently being advised by a US Government Agency not to travel to the destination due to COVID and being upgraded to a red level country is not a reason for the insurance to pay out.

Seems the hotel being destroyed by a hurricane, a terrorist attack, plane getting hijacked, war being declared to name are few are the only triggers for them to pay out.

Fortunately the hotel we planned to stay at has given us a rain check for the next year, so not lost the money (yet), but in all honesty at this stage would rather have just got our money back.

Pretty much you or your traveling companion have to die for the insurance to be effective.
Old 15-09-2021, 04:49 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
It's simple. If insurance is required by law, buy the absolute minimum coverage. Otherwise don't insure.
I have always done this. Maybe you could say I've been lucky but I've never had the need to make any insurance claims so the money I've saved over the years by not paying insurance will easily mean I'm quids in even if I write off the car tomorrow.
Old 15-09-2021, 05:50 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Vinted app and their crappy ******* adverts everywhere I look
Old 15-09-2021, 05:55 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
It's simple. If insurance is required by law, buy the absolute minimum coverage. Otherwise don't insure.
I have always done this. Maybe you could say I've been lucky but I've never had the need to make any insurance claims so the money I've saved over the years by not paying insurance will easily mean I'm quids in even if I write off the car tomorrow.
Electronic stores and goods are the ones that get me... all try and push insurance. Touch wood... never had a "gadget" that crapped out after the initial 30 day return date. Probably saved thousands over the years on not getting the "optional" insurance.

Same with extended warranty on cars.... but boy do they push them!
Old 15-09-2021, 05:58 PM
Bog Whoppit

Fen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The arrogance of people who think as they are Intellectuals (or in most cases think they are there really just delusional) and as such better people because they can spell properly, and know how to punctuate. Ignorance is bliss. So you can beat me at scrabble who gives a shit. My philosophy is simple like me, anyone can be as good as me no one can be better.