Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 16-08-2021, 02:28 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboxers View Post
Well this sounds sh!t and something nobody really wants. Season ticket cards are easily the best method for this.

How is this going to work for kids/non-tech savvy ticket holders?

I'm sure I'll survive, but its going to effect a lot of people. Guess we won't be getting any Parish points for the money we spend on the concourse either then?!
You will scan your phone… which will take 5 times if not more as long while people fumble through their phone.
Old 16-08-2021, 02:28 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreapalace View Post
What phone do you have?
iphone 6 and inherited from my daughter as my old mobile gave up the ghost.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 16-08-2021 at 02:30 PM.
Old 16-08-2021, 02:29 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
iphone 6.
Press home and lock at same time. It will take a screen shot that will appear in your photo library.
Old 16-08-2021, 02:33 PM
16K Ram Pack

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagle68 View Post
Here you go….
It sounds to me as if we are moving closer towards a system that prevents you from loaning your ticket to someone else. You won't 'own' your season ticket and have a card with your seat number on it, instead you are paying over a year up front to rent a seat which you are granted access to on a week by week basis (which would certainly help the next time Parish decides to displace / relocate a few hundred fans to suit his plans, eh?)

There are going to be a lot of issues with people not being able to get signal, or running our of battery etc. I'd imagine the club will charge you a fee to print a ticket if you can't get access to yours on the day, and that would be after you'd missed half the game standing in a queue.

"Arrive early and spend a load of money on our expensive warm lager and bowel burgers in our overcrowded concourse".

This is part of an overall erosion of respect, and monetarisation of the fans that has become the Pari$h trademark in recent years and left me with a nasty taste in my mouth and a strong feeling that CPFC2010 is not a family club and does not care a jot about their fans.

His disgusting treatment of loyal fans during the pandemic is well documented but surprisingly overlooked by the blind faithful:

o Forcing fans to take extortionate interest rate loans instead of being able to pay in instalments (many fans were refused credit for this and suffered negative credit status as a result)

o Making us pay for an entire season up front when it was fairly obvious that there would be virtually no football played

o Making vulnerable, sick and elderly fans who are shielding pay large amounts towards season tickets that they could not use, as well as demanding medical 'evidence' is provided to avoid paying the full amount

o Making refunds that have to be claimed back 'manually' rather than just given back as a matter of course - with complex online procedures clearly designed in the hope that people fall back to the shyster's 'default' position whereby Parish claims our hard earned money as a 'charitable donation' if we can't navigate their systems successfully and on time

o Completely failing to take into account the impact on Covid to the livelihoods on many thousands of fans who had reduced hours or been laid off altogether

We are little more than faceless commodities providing Parish and his chums with part of their greedy revenue streams.
Old 16-08-2021, 02:33 PM

ollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I assume they are scrapping the cards so friends + family members buy a gold membership/ticket, rather than use a ST card when someone cant go. If the technology was sophisticated then you wont be able to screenshot the ticket and send it to someone else (like the Hundred tickets on their app).

Anyway I dont have an email from the club so cant see whether it'll work in my Apple wallet!
Old 16-08-2021, 02:34 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Press home and lock at same time. It will take a screen shot that will appear in your photo library.
It took practice but thanks

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 16-08-2021, 02:37 PM
16K Ram Pack

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter View Post
I assume they are scrapping the cards so friends + family members buy a gold membership/ticket, rather than use a ST card when someone cant go.
Yes - this is another money-squeezing exercise with no thought or care for the fans.
Old 16-08-2021, 02:40 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
It took practice but thanks
No worries, I merely jumped on the help another poster offered. It is a useful function.
Old 16-08-2021, 02:43 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

If they are trying to clamp down on people sharing tickets, they are idiots. My ticket was given to someone afew times who has now got a season ticket himself. It creates future fans, is it not better to have the ticket used and people spending money int he stadium than not..

When I cant go, I like to give my ticket, not even ask for money off people. Just a shame to lose that ability.
Old 16-08-2021, 02:46 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Who will be the first to accidentally delete their ticket?
Old 16-08-2021, 02:48 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
You will scan your phone which will take 5 times if not more as long while people fumble through their phone.
In my current job, our guys scan people's phones with a QR code for entry. You're dead right - it does take longer than a ticket, due to things like people moving their phone from vertical to horizontal, their screen only showing half the image, people accidentally turning their screen off, etc. I'm sure people will get used to this in the end, but it is creating issues where there are none.
Old 16-08-2021, 02:50 PM
16K Ram Pack

Quote:
If they are trying to clamp down on people sharing tickets, they are idiots. My ticket was given to someone afew times who has now got a season ticket himself. It creates future fans, is it not better to have the ticket used and people spending money int he stadium than not..

When I cant go, I like to give my ticket, not even ask for money off people. Just a shame to lose that ability.
Parish will be happy to sell any spares to Away Fans and tourists provided they buy one of his Gold Cards for the privilege.

Here we are supposedly building a new stand and yet we now have hundreds (if not thousands) of season tickets seats spare that haven't been sold this year.
Old 16-08-2021, 02:55 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Parish will be happy to sell any spares to Away Fans and tourists provided they buy one of his Gold Cards for the privilege.

Here we are supposedly building a new stand and yet we now have hundreds (if not thousands) of season tickets seats spare that haven't been sold this year.
There is no way of knowing though if you are going to use your ticket or not, its not like a plane where they will sell your ticket of you dont use it, unless we have 1pm checkin for a 3pm kickoff..
Old 16-08-2021, 02:57 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
In my current job, our guys scan people's phones with a QR code for entry. You're dead right - it does take longer than a ticket, due to things like people moving their phone from vertical to horizontal, their screen only showing half the image, people accidentally turning their screen off, etc. I'm sure people will get used to this in the end, but it is creating issues where there are none.
I just cant see the reasoning.

It doesnt help covid safety.
It doesnt stop touting.
It will be slower.
It assumes everyone has a smartphone.
Old 16-08-2021, 03:06 PM
16K Ram Pack

Quote:
There is no way of knowing though if you are going to use your ticket or not, it’s not like a plane where they will sell your ticket of you dont use it, unless we have 1pm checkin for a 3pm kickoff..
Parish will try to claim that it is a "fight back against touts".

Don't forget that he has money in Twickets so will be looking to make money on the original sale (plus a share of any interest from any loans required to buy it), then will offer you a reduced rate to buy it back on Twickets, then charge you an admin fee, then ramp the price back up to full and charge another admin fee for whever buys it - oh providing that they have a Palace Gold Card.

Parish wants as many bites of your little cherrry as he can possible manage...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-08-2021, 03:12 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:

Don't forget that he has money in Twickets so will be looking to make money on the original sale (plus a share of any interest from any loans required to buy it), then will offer you a reduced rate to buy it back on Twickets, then charge you an admin fee, then ramp the price back up to full and charge another admin fee for whever buys it - oh providing that they have a Palace Gold Card.

There you go, as I guessed nothing to do with Covid.

You wont be able to pass the ticket on then, unless you sell it. Can you choose who you sell it to I wonder…
Old 16-08-2021, 03:12 PM

Mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

I'm not even sure that reselling on twickets will be allowable anyway.
Old 16-08-2021, 03:14 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagle68 View Post
This season, in line with new Premier League guidelines, all Season Ticket and match tickets at Selhurst Park will be digital - with entry gained to the stadium using a smartphone.
Thought up by those ever so practical people who only enter a stadium through the welcoming double doors of free hospitality?
Old 16-08-2021, 03:15 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg View Post
That's if you can print them - totally unclear at the moment.
Surely they have to. will be an uproar if owning a smart phone is compulsory. What about 5 year olds, let alone the elderly?

Ive got two STs, one for my use and one (registered in my nephews name) but for general family use. Both registered at my email address so god knows what i do if i cant forward the electronic ticket. I’ll just (try to) demand a refund saying that i dont have a smart phone and they didnt make owing one a condition of sale.

Edit: will just cancel the interest free direct debit on the second ticket. Bonkers….

Last edited by Philipw; 16-08-2021 at 03:20 PM.
Old 16-08-2021, 03:20 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreapalace View Post
What phone do you have?
A potato by the sounds of it