Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 14-08-2021, 05:50 AM

palace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace910 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The season tickets worked well so why get rid? As has been pointed out alienates people who don’t have the tech. Also has the opportunity to go massively wrong!!
Old 14-08-2021, 05:52 AM
Maybe It’s Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
People will still be able to print their tickets next week which will help a bit towards the fans without a smartphone issue. However beyond next week I don't know
Old 14-08-2021, 06:30 AM

Hazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is here
This is supposed to reduce contact following covid, I don’t know about others but I don’t remember other people touching my season ticket going through turnstiles. The turnstiles themselves probably pose a greater risk as everyone touches them and they aren’t cleaned between one person and the next. Let’s hope they have plenty of hand sanitizer!
Old 14-08-2021, 06:36 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
They will work out what to do after the Brentford game when they find 5 spare minutes to actually work out a plan themselves

Saying this is "in line with PL guidelines" is BS because Brentford, Wolves and Newcastle (at least) are still using card Season tickets

This is more about them panicking last minute because once again they've left it too late to send out the cards, without a real plan for those fans who won't be able to cope without the necessary tech

Just like they ran out of time to sell away season tickets, so had to roll over the old ones, and had to abandon programme voucher book sales.

The box office at the moment should be renamed lastminute.com - what Chelsea are to rail seats, our box office are to ticketing

Or the chaos of the ticket arrangements and their own missed deadlines for a capacity of just 2000 fans at home to Spurs last December, where only the almost impossible to reach box office manager was able to make a decision

I do hope that the alternative plan for those without a smartphone isn't huge queues at the box office for collections every matchday. It will look akin to those long queues to get money out of Northern Rock.

When Palace reached the Wembley semi and final in 2016, numerous older fans (longstanding season ticket holders) had to get all sorts of assistance from friends and family in order to find out what their loyalty points were and order online. For those who just have a season ticket each year, don't go to away games don't go online let alone know the intricacies of the ticketing system, this will be unfathomable.

I really hope our Supporters Trust are on the case making representations on behalf of such fans as there has to be a straightforward and convenient alternative for them that does not alienate or disenfranchise them. Otherwise this could very likely be the straw that breaks the camels back for many. I really hope this isn't some sort of actual plan against so called 'legacy fans'.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 14-08-2021 at 06:45 AM.
Old 14-08-2021, 06:40 AM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by laths View Post
Quick u turn needed ffs. Mate has a mobile from Roman times and no printer so he won’t be able to get in.
Yes, my immediate reaction was that some people will have old phones and some no phone at all!
If it is a Premier league requirement rather than a Palace one, it does make it difficult for the club.
Old 14-08-2021, 06:43 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Yes, my immediate reaction was that some people will have old phones and some no phone at all!
If it is a Premier league requirement rather than a Palace one, it does make it difficult for the club.
It may be advisory from the PL, and a plan from the bigger clubs to try and reduce touting, but it isn't a requirement. BBC News literally just showed Brentford fans scanning their cards at a very Brighton looking "low" modern turnstile.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 14-08-2021, 06:48 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
They seemed to be quick enough to take my money for the ST (some of which, had be sitting as a credit, with them for 18 months).

And now, a week before the first game, they have finally told us, their half baked plans.

I know there's a disruptive pandemic going on, but the fixtures were announced in the middle of June, FFS !!
Old 14-08-2021, 07:02 AM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm 72,I have a smart phone,I know how to use it and I've used it for plane tickets, boarding passes and train /theatre tickets and Google, oh and making calls but this has been though up by some 20/30 something genius who wouldn't know how to wipe their arse without the use of a smartphone .
Old 14-08-2021, 07:06 AM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Watch out! I know how to use it!
Old 14-08-2021, 07:06 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Club don't give a toss really. We're just customers now.

Sticking two fingers up at fans.
Old 14-08-2021, 07:21 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
When buying my ST I don't remember it saying you had to own or buy a smartphone. This is going to go down really well. Maybe they have a stack of phones they are going to supply.
He's not gone away, you know...

Old 14-08-2021, 07:25 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
This decision is inexplicable.

I'm glad I'm on this thread, I never get emails about this sort of thing from the club (despite having all the necessary contact preferences).
Old 14-08-2021, 07:39 AM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My son's season ticket which I pay for and the receipt was sent to my email. Who will the ticket be sent to , my email or one of his numerous email accounts that he may have linked to his client ref to access the app and has since forgotten the password so opened a new one?
Old 14-08-2021, 07:42 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Is it really such a big deal? Everyone has email these days, and everyone can surely access a printer if they don't have a smartphone.

I bet none of the people complaining on here will really have any problems using either method.
Old 14-08-2021, 07:43 AM

Mr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is here
I'm not against the idea having the option of using a smartphone for tickets. I've done it a couple of times before at non-league games and it worked fine. However, with those games there was a paper ticket alternative and the crowds were in the hundreds instead of the tens of thousands.

There needs to be an alternative for those who don't have a smartphone. Announcing this just before the season is about to start when we were previously told that the cards would be used (I've checked the confirmation email for my season ticket) is short-sighted and demonstrates an appalling lack of planning.

If this is Covid related, I'm not really sure how having a smartphone is going to make it any more Covid secure unless you could link it to the NHS app. I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to do that.
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
He's not gone away, you know...

Yeah, but he has F-All to do with Palace now, thankfully.
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
This decision is inexplicable.

I'm glad I'm on this thread, I never get emails about this sort of thing from the club (despite having all the necessary contact preferences).
Same get the shit advertising but not the useful ones..
Old 14-08-2021, 07:44 AM
Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
I'm not against the idea having the option of using a smartphone for tickets. I've done it a couple of times before at non-league games and it worked fine. However, with those games there was a paper ticket alternative and the crowds were in the hundreds instead of the tens of thousands.

There needs to be an alternative for those who don't have a smartphone. Announcing this just before the season is about to start when we were previously told that the cards would be used (I've checked the confirmation email for my season ticket) is short-sighted and demonstrates an appalling lack of planning.

If this is Covid related, I'm not really sure how having a smartphone is going to make it any more Covid secure unless you could link it to the NHS app. I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to do that.

But there is an alternative. Print the ticket.
Old 14-08-2021, 07:46 AM
Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
There are still a lot of the older supporters that have not got computers either. What do they do. ? I can see big problems at the turnstiles next weekend.
Oh come on, most people have to print stuff occasionally, even if they don't own any tablet/computer/smartphone. They'll work it out.
Old 14-08-2021, 07:46 AM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
My son's season ticket which I pay for and the receipt was sent to my email. Who will the ticket be sent to , my email or one of his numerous email accounts that he may have linked to his client ref to access the app and has since forgotten the password so opened a new one?
Same my wife's ticket doesn't have an email it's all off my email I think .....?