Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 14-08-2021, 08:36 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
They are keeping the ST cards, they've just been delayed.
Are they? I must've missed that one.

Edit: Think you need to read the cpfc website again. It clearly states season ticket cards are no longer valid.
Old 14-08-2021, 08:45 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Are they? I must've missed that one.

Edit: Think you need to read the cpfc website again. It clearly states season ticket cards are no longer valid.
The old ones are no longer valid, is my understanding. New ones will be issued.
Old 14-08-2021, 08:45 AM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh come on, most people have to print stuff occasionally, even if they don't own any tablet/computer/smartphone. They'll work it out.
Was this your idea Edman?
Old 14-08-2021, 08:47 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
The old ones are no longer valid, is my understanding. New ones will be issued.
Source?

Bit odd they didn't mention that in the article if that is the case.
Old 14-08-2021, 08:58 AM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
And after the Brentford game?

What about those who don't have a smartphone? i.e. 53% of over 65s...
Not just that. I have no particular desire to take my phone to football. Just because you own one does not necessarily mean it is physically attached to you at the hip.
Old 14-08-2021, 09:00 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is it really such a big deal? Everyone has email these days, and everyone can surely access a printer if they don't have a smartphone.

I bet none of the people complaining on here will really have any problems using either method.
If it ain't broke etc.

Other than the season ticket readers being a bit tempermental sometimes it worked.

I recall several matchdays when we could last attend Selhurst Park where it tipped down in the run up to the game. So expect a queue of fans at the box office with crumpled pieces of soggy paper that don't work at the turnstiles.

I have never used my phone to pay for anything or download e-tickets. I will give it a go but as my phone won't load the Covid app I am not confident.

I will rely on a paper ticket that I will try to keep in pristine condition and fold in the right places.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 14-08-2021, 09:01 AM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Apparently Everton will issue s/t, albeit for £5 extra
There's never a missed opportunity to squeeze supporters for another fiver!
Old 14-08-2021, 09:05 AM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
They are keeping the ST cards, they've just been delayed.
You really don't have a clue do you and clearly haven't taken in the latest 'communication' from the club
Old 14-08-2021, 09:06 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
The old tickets are about 3 years old now, so the new ones should work much better.

I don't want to use my phone for entry either, but hopefully the app will work in parallel so that if you mislay your ticket, you have an easy alternative.
Old 14-08-2021, 09:11 AM
Very young thick ****

Quote:
Source?

Bit odd they didn't mention that in the article if that is the case.
Hello EdMan?
Old 14-08-2021, 09:15 AM
Troublemaker

Quote:
Hello EdMan?
My brother spoke to the box office a few days ago. They said they were sending out new season tickets, but that if it didn't happen in time for Brentford, e-tickets would be issued.
Old 14-08-2021, 09:22 AM
Very young thick ****

Quote:
My brother spoke to the box office a few days ago. They said they were sending out new season tickets, but that if it didn't happen in time for Brentford, e-tickets would be issued.
Thanks.

This seems to suggest otherwise though:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

All Season Ticket and match tickets at Selhurst Park will be digital - with entry gained to the stadium using a smartphone

Hopefully they see sense and keep the cards for those who want/need them.
Old 14-08-2021, 09:32 AM

breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
From the Premier League website - it appears that they are not specific guidelines.

'To help keep stadiums COVID-19 secure, clubs are encouraged to operate a digital-first policy. This assists with:    

• Reducing any contact risk connected to printing or handling paper tickets  
• Supporting data capture for essential information (eg. contact details)   
• Matchday with queries relating to lost or stolen tickets  
• Reducing ticket touting, limiting stadium access to people who have not completed the relevant point of sale checks 

Other ticket formats, including paper tickets or access cards, may be produced and issued at the discretion of the host club.  

Please contact your club if you require further information on options, including how to share tickets safely with any other supporters in your group booking.   

Where possible, we encourage supporters to use mobile or other digital ticketing options'.
Old 14-08-2021, 09:36 AM
Very young thick ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by breagles View Post
From the Premier League website - it appears that they are not specific guidelines.

'To help keep stadiums COVID-19 secure, clubs are encouraged to operate a digital-first policy. This assists with:    

• Reducing any contact risk connected to printing or handling paper tickets  
• Supporting data capture for essential information (eg. contact details)   
• Matchday with queries relating to lost or stolen tickets  
• Reducing ticket touting, limiting stadium access to people who have not completed the relevant point of sale checks 

Other ticket formats, including paper tickets or access cards, may be produced and issued at the discretion of the host club.  

Please contact your club if you require further information on options, including how to share tickets safely with any other supporters in your group booking.   

Where possible, we encourage supporters to use mobile or other digital ticketing options'.
Yeah, it's just an out-and-out lie from the club.

Really poor as usual.
Old 14-08-2021, 09:42 AM

breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!breagles has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:

Really poor as usual.
Especially as they appear to be going to ignore this part: Other ticket formats, including paper tickets or access cards, may be produced and issued at the discretion of the host club.  
Old 14-08-2021, 09:47 AM

Hazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
Not everyone has a printer. We didn't until the children were home schooling. Neither my brother or dad have smartphones or printers. Dad is rarely online. This decision stinks and there is no need (other than aggressive marketing). As I bet the next step is ticketing via the app.
They’ll have to improve the app somewhat first to have any chance!

How are they going to manage points now in the club shop etc
Old 14-08-2021, 09:51 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Your brother most likely spoke to a kid on minimum wage, who knows about as much as the rest of us. He/she probably wasn't even lying - just passing on what they had been told/heard.

If this thing is just for one game, then it is poor but I'm sure we'll all put up with it as a one-off. But nothing in that article seems to point towards us going back to the season ticket cards after it.
Old 14-08-2021, 09:59 AM
Troublemaker

Quote:
Thanks.

This seems to suggest otherwise though:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

All Season Ticket and match tickets at Selhurst Park will be digital - with entry gained to the stadium using a smartphone

Hopefully they see sense and keep the cards for those who want/need them.
You're right. I have no explanation. Maybe the person on the phone didn't know. Or maybe the information is wrong.

I agree that making entry digital only would be a bad move. Season ticket cards work just fine.
Old 14-08-2021, 10:02 AM
Very young thick ****

Quote:
You're right. I have no explanation. Maybe the person on the phone didn't know. Or maybe the information is wrong.

I agree that making entry digital only would be a bad move. Season ticket cards work just fine.
If it was a few days ago the person your brother spoke to probably had no idea what was coming and assumed new cards were going to be sent out.

Clearly that's not the case anymore, although if they have any sense they'll continue with the ST cards or paper tickets for at least a season or two and phase the digital tickets in. Changing it overnight and expecting 25,000 fans to comply (if they even know about it) is a catastrophic OG waiting to happen.
Old 14-08-2021, 10:10 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Really poor as usual.
It is an out-and-out lie from the club.

While offering commiserations to an Arsenal supporting mate earlier this morning asked him about season tickets for Arsenal. They received their tickets - same ones as usual - a couple of weeks ago.

Palace should be ashamed of themselves. The more people that write and complain the better.