Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 22-08-2021, 12:00 PM

Matadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Lucky ol' Kevin T. The sun does shine on the righteous (or is it the Devil looking after his own?).
Old 22-08-2021, 12:03 PM

Matadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMatadam came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Ps View Post
E-mailed the club on Tue and advised I had no access to a printer or smartphone. A paper ticket was waiting for me when I arrived back from holibobs. Left half an hour early, got there an hour before kick-off as the traffic was light on the 468 route. Only one bloke in front of me at the turnstile so I was in the ground, twiddling my thumbs for an hour before the game. Not too bad as the people I sit with also got in early so we just caught up the last 18 months. I won't be leaving that early next time though.

Different experiences for everyone. I would prefer the season ticket card to be updated but if Palace want to post me individual tickets for every game I'll not worry.
I emailed the club last Monday, still waiting for a response!
Old 22-08-2021, 12:09 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eagle View Post
Queues looked horrendous from the red n blue bar at 2.40. To view the link you have to Register or LoginTo view the link you have to Register or Login
It was a **** up.

The snails pace entry into the ground was due to systems not recognising tickets and poor stewarding, overall management from CPFC operations wasn't good enough.

Anyone blaming fans for not getting there early enough or being prepared is just wrong.

Sticking two fingers up at fans.
Old 22-08-2021, 12:45 PM

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Actually more troublesome on the day was the parking ticket machine in Holmesdale Road nearest to where they first block it off as you come from. Took us 20 minutes to get it to work and cost £8 to park, when it used to be 3 or 4 quid.
Old 22-08-2021, 12:49 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
Dry yer knickers it was half 2
Funny as my mate tried to get in at the Holmesdale at 2.30 and it took it 30 minutes.
Old 22-08-2021, 01:01 PM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
After the shambles yesterday, both getting in and in the concourse, I think the ground needs knocking down. It's not fit for purpose.
I sit on the far side of block J. They have constructed a building with corrugated roof, presumably to extend away dressing room. What they didnít consider was whether those sitting in that area could see the pitchÖ. answer no, luckily I could ( bar one small section of touch line), those further down could see very little without standing. Absolute disgrace and they should get a refund. Chap offered them different seats at halftime, thatís not what they wanted, they now have restricted view. The club are losing the plot with regard to fans
Old 22-08-2021, 01:08 PM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
They tried, but after a couple of minutes (bearing in mind the game had already kicked off by this point) the crowd got impatient and people pushed and walked past. I was one of the latter.

I got the ground at 2.35. It took nearly half an hour to get in, and would've taken even longer if everyone had waited to be scanned and patted down.

And as for getting out the ground... it took my family members absolutely ages to negotiate their way out of the Old Stand through the press of people funnelled between the ridiculous parked coaches. That looked pretty unpleasant and quite possibly dangerous.
We tried to walk from fanzine to Holmesdale at 1.30, were met by a quite unpleasant steward who refused to let us through as Brentford had 3 coaches that had parked up, total carnage
Old 22-08-2021, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I'm baffled to be honest about the queues. The technology worked fine, so what was the issue?

The technology wasn't to blame for the ridiculous beer queues and them running out of beer in various parts of the ground.

Unfortunately, Selhurst just doesn't have the infrastructure able to cope with capacity crowds. It's an embarrassment.
But it didnít work fine for everyone, thatís why there were queues
Old 22-08-2021, 01:14 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
But it didnít work fine for everyone, thatís why there were queues
It worked for him so that was alright.
Old 22-08-2021, 01:21 PM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al From Bromley View Post
Actually more troublesome on the day was the parking ticket machine in Holmesdale Road nearest to where they first block it off as you come from. Took us 20 minutes to get it to work and cost £8 to park, when it used to be 3 or 4 quid.
In fairness if you park at the back of Norwood junction it's only £1.40 an hour and it is only a short walk through the subway. Or use Ringo app
Old 22-08-2021, 01:35 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Good to see that Kevin T got in OK. That is all that matters really.
Old 22-08-2021, 01:38 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Good to see that Kevin T got in OK. That is all that matters really.

Did Shakespeare forsee our new PM? ďhe's a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise-breaker, the owner of no one good quality"
Old 22-08-2021, 01:50 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Issue here is one of implementation rather than the technology itself.
Kevin, in 99.99% of cases that's always the case.

Tell me of a technology implementation at scale that worked without involving the users and having a well-designed communications campaign well in advance, along with pilot testing at non-critical times?
Old 22-08-2021, 01:52 PM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I generally don't drink at the ground and never have. However I'm always reading about beer queues.

As someone who goes to a fair bit of cricket where drinking is heavily involved I never get how they seem to get it right whereas we can't.

Normally they have pre poured drinks ad funnily enough they know what the demand will be especially during breaks. There are always queues but they are normally fast moving.

Appreciate half time is only 15 mins but are they not prepared??
Old 22-08-2021, 02:24 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRM the 2nd View Post
I generally don't drink at the ground and never have. However I'm always reading about beer queues.

As someone who goes to a fair bit of cricket where drinking is heavily involved I never get how they seem to get it right whereas we can't.

Normally they have pre poured drinks ad funnily enough they know what the demand will be especially during breaks. There are always queues but they are normally fast moving.

Appreciate half time is only 15 mins but are they not prepared??
I remember once at palace the fridges were emptying of bottles..... no one thought of filling the fridges up again before half time, instead we had to have warm beer in plastic bottles at 4 quid a pop. Basics.
Old 22-08-2021, 02:34 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
After the shambles yesterday, both getting in and in the concourse, I think the ground needs knocking down. It's not fit for purpose.
So there is a God after all and he hit the target!
Hey how about the club could invent a little plastic card that you could have in your wallet to access games and maybe it could even come in a little wallet of its own, now that would be really convenient .... just a thought !
Old 22-08-2021, 02:34 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Southampton v Man Utd today:

Dan Kerins @dankerins

No idea if itís ticket problems or checks or anything else but the queues are not moving. Itís shambolic.

Dan Kerins

Iím finally in. They opened an extra gate up and waved season ticket holders through. Still lots outside though.

Response from a Liverpool fan:

Ian
@godsleftfootlfc 56m
Replying to
@dankerins
Same at Anfield yesterday and for 2 pre-season friendlies last week that had delayed kick offs. All due to digital tickets which are meant to "make like easier..."
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-08-2021, 02:45 PM
aki's brain doctor

richit was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrichit was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrichit was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrichit was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrichit was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrichit was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrichit was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrichit was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrichit was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrichit was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldrichit was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Southampton issued an apology by half time and are refunding ticket holders. Compare that with the absolute silence from Palace.
Old 22-08-2021, 03:03 PM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
NFC was working in the Whitehorse. I used my watch to get in
Wasnít working when I went in at 2:20. QR was working.
Old 22-08-2021, 03:20 PM

MAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinty View Post
NFC worked for me on my watch at entrance 2 in the Holmesdale. This was around 2:20.
I was told I couldnít use my watch to get into the Holmesdale as I would have to take it off to fit in the slot?!?! If I take it off then it effectively dies.