Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-09-2019, 10:18 AM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemour View Post
I’d love to see Wilf as captain. Think he’d thrive off it.
He’s too temperamental.
Old 29-09-2019, 10:25 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:

Interesting thought. For me, Captains don’t have to be the best player. They are the ones who conduct themselves correctly and lead by example. They are the ones that others look up to and respect.

I don’t think Wilf needs that kind of pressure on him, especially as he’s bound to be off soon.
Old 29-09-2019, 10:36 AM

spy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
think this is only the second game he has missed through suspension since he joined - pretty impressive considering how much he gets booked!
Old 29-09-2019, 10:43 AM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Interesting thought. For me, Captains don’t have to be the best player. They are the ones who conduct themselves correctly and lead by example. They are the ones that others look up to and respect.

I don’t think Wilf needs that kind of pressure on him, especially as he’s bound to be off soon.

Wouldn’t advocate it permanently but it’s one game until Luka’s back, I think it’d be a great thing to see considering what he’s done for us and players all look up to him anyway. Just have a feeling for one game he’d love it, he’s our talisman why not our leader too.

Just a thought, probably won’t happen!
Old 29-09-2019, 11:06 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Interesting thought. I think you may be right.

Cahill or Sakho would be the obvious choice, but for one game I think it would be good to both honour Wilf and in so doing subtly demand greater responsibility from him
Old 29-09-2019, 11:35 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosey View Post
Okay, I'll buy that.

But does this mean that the relevant question now becomes
"who will be most improved by being nominated captain?"
instead of the question that most people have so far been answering
"who deserves to be captain?"
?
In which case, we really have no idea. It could be Benteke or PVA for all we know.
Well that is for a manager to decide. I think you have a point, who is likely to transform by being captain is a consideration, but some wont be able to transform. Hoddle just recognised leadership qualities in Beckham that hadnt been ignited or given a vehicle. The captain leads by example, and by having to armband gives them the responsibility that they need to step up, and also lead the player if no ones else does.

Giving the armband might not transform Benteke nor make him act as a leader but Cahill for example would must likely take pride in it and raise his game even more.

I think we havent hadnt had ‘captain material’ for afew years, Milivojevic has just been the nearest. Cahill is obviously the strongest now. He is talking to all the players at every opportunity. I think he will come in and he will stay.
Old 29-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
He’s too temperamental.
Would be an interesting experiment. Would he act differently? Only trying it would see.

Hodgson is the only one to know what is right.
Old 29-09-2019, 12:17 PM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosey View Post
I don't get this obsession with "having the armband" either. It's not like it gives you super-powers of anything; it just gives you a bit of admin.

Cahill's been effectively captaining the defence without the need for any official promotion and will continue to do so with or without the addition of a sartorial accessory.
Someone will know more than me but I thought that being captain gave you the ability to go up to the Referee and ask questions, query decisions etc without being done for dissent? Try Deeney is particularly effective at being constantly in the Refs ear. Pointing out where opposition players are doing things wrong, repeating fouls, known for diving etc. Therefore having an experienced player, preferably British (because of the ease of language communication) and someone who commands respect is certainly the most obvious solution.
Old 29-09-2019, 12:27 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
5 yellows after 7 games is actually ridiculous. He will miss at least 3 games through suspension (for 10) and likely to hit 15 yellow’s this season it’s could easily be 6 games he misses for them! That’s rather huge
Old 29-09-2019, 01:10 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
5 yellows after 7 games is actually ridiculous. He will miss at least 3 games through suspension (for 10) and likely to hit 15 yellow’s this season it’s could easily be 6 games he misses for them! That’s rather huge
At least two of them have been completely uneccesary too. Jimmy for example picks up yellows when he has to make the fouls, Luka's are often unsecessary - hence the number of them. I'm amazed he has never seen two yellows (and red) in the same game for us to be honest.
Old 29-09-2019, 02:12 PM

libran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Look forward to him as captain, thought he was excellent yesterday
Old 29-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ayew has 4 which is even more ridculess given he is a forward.
Old 29-09-2019, 09:18 PM

Jman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Do we have a vice Captain? Or is that just a thing on Football Manager
Old 29-09-2019, 09:26 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not something I'd thought of. But it could be inspired. Why the f**k not?
Old 30-09-2019, 11:41 AM

les aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dan is club captain but not playing, you would have thought Cahill is the natural choice surely?
Old 30-09-2019, 12:06 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Ward as captain?
Old 30-09-2019, 12:07 PM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Ayew has 4 which is even more ridculess given he is a forward.
Ayew has three.
Old 30-09-2019, 12:08 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
It is a lot but the flip side is he did well last season to play every minute given his role
Old 30-09-2019, 12:33 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Ayew 1 booking away from a ban too.
Says he is on 3 so 2 away. Been booked in his past 3 appearances.
Old 30-09-2019, 12:35 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordbenny View Post
All a poor captain does in football is call heads or tails and communicates between players and manager....that’s it!
EFA