Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I'm sure you understand business much better than I do, Glaziers Fan, but I don't understand why it is easier to sell the club once you've sold the main asset than before?
Old 02-10-2019, 10:17 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwoodeagle View Post
That must be one of the most nonsensical statements ever on the BBS.

Someone who doesn't want a return, won't want to invest and then we would really be up the creek without a paddle or Charlton Athletic as it's sometimes called.
you'd have to be a complete idiot to invest in a football club like Palace and expect a return. Buy a club for 50m, get them into the Premier League and sell for a big profit maybe. Palace is not a sustainable business model. We break even in cash terms at best with profits occasionally from asset sales. If we go down we become pretty much worthless.

you never know the PSG owners might like us given our vocal fans and shirt colour
Old 02-10-2019, 10:18 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Their last Prem home game, Newcastle got 43,316
Their previous one was 44,157

The bubble has burst, the fans put up with a net zero spend under Rafa, but are now deserting in their droves.
I remember reading in some programme notes many years ago that Palace had the 4th biggest catchment area in the leagues . Something like 3 million people if my memory serves me right. Success is is obviously the biggest factor in any teams support potential, but in Newcastles case its different i think. I have some very good friends from Newcastle and they always say as a joke , you could put 11 penguins on the pitch and people would turn up because they are black and white. Its a pretty fervent support up there, vastly different to ours in terms of not having much competition for support, and obviously a better history . If we ever want to compete for the borderline chelsea, spurs, and arsenal fans in our catchment area, i really don't think we will ever get there unless we win a few cups, or the league at some point. We are potentially a massive club, but have just never fulfilled it. Getting someone to see the huge potential is a hard sell too . That said, it may be an easier task now we are established premier league mediocrity that just needs a substantial financial push from someone who buys that vision to go on to that elusive next stage . Sadly money talks.

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 02-10-2019, 10:18 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwoodeagle View Post
That must be one of the most nonsensical statements ever on the BBS.

Someone who doesn't want a return, won't want to invest and then we would really be up the creek without a paddle or Charlton Athletic as it's sometimes called.
lol
Old 02-10-2019, 10:19 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post

It won’t make any difference to the sale, unless they have pulled that cash out as a divi.
If the club is sold it’s always calculated cash free/debt free so whatever the swing (I.e. we’re sitting on cash from those sales) the price will change accordingly.

If they have stripped the cash out from the sale(s) of the player(s) (one which hasn’t happened yet), they have to declare it and the buyer will know this in the DD.

The Wilf sale has been on the cards for years and everyone knows about it. The price is the price. What is important are the buyers, their plans and investment.
Fair. We will see!
Old 02-10-2019, 10:24 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I'm sure you understand business much better than I do, Glaziers Fan, but I don't understand why it is easier to sell the club once you've sold the main asset than before?
I don't profess to know any more than you do about business; however, I would have thought that if we stay up again the idea that we are even more established in the Premier League (especially were we to finish in the Top 10) might make us a more attractive proposition on paper. That's even if our main asset has been sold. Anyway, what do I know, Goldberg took us over after relegation and without the ground. Every would-be investor is different
Old 02-10-2019, 10:27 AM

And ultimately it doesn't really matter if the Americans or Parish make a tidy profit. For a well-run club that is doing well they deserve to make a return in any case. All the fans will care about is if the new owners care about Palace and are willing to put the required investment in - not just to the first team, but also to the academy and general infrastructure. Again, we will see.
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
So you'll agree that selling Wan Bissaka or Zaha are business decisions which have nothing to do with making the club more attractive to possible buyers, and lay off the "asset-stripping" obsession for a while? Hein?
Middle class left.

That's more like it. Thank you.
Goldmember

KungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
One possible argument:

Would you rather have an asset estimated to be worth 75m, or the 75m in cash?

If Wilf goes, that 75m (or whatever) is still on the club books.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:36 AM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuCharlie View Post
One possible argument:

I wouldn't have thought it would make any different to the value either way, but if anything I would think it would damage it, unless the club has a strong history of picking up brilliant young players quite cheaply - i.e. Wenger's first five years at Arsenal.
And I don't think that's the case at Palace at present.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuCharlie View Post
One possible argument:

That is a good point. Im confident well get at least that for him. But whatever he gets sold for the accts will adjust with it.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:43 AM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
We need some Arab with deep pockets
No.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:45 AM
Lifes too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Let's get rid of the pointless Americans and get someone who doesn't want a return on their investment
A novel way of looking at investment I suppose ...
Old 02-10-2019, 10:45 AM
Champagne Charlie

PC of CP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePC of CP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePC of CP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePC of CP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePC of CP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePC of CP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePC of CP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePC of CP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePC of CP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePC of CP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePC of CP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
I remember reading in some programme notes many years ago that Palace had the 4th biggest catchment area in the leagues . Something like 3 million people if my memory serves me right. Success is is obviously the biggest factor in any teams support potential, but in Newcastles case its different i think. I have some very good friends from Newcastle and they always say as a joke , you could put 11 penguins on the pitch and people would turn up because they are black and white. Its a pretty fervent support up there, vastly different to ours in terms of not having much competition for support, and obviously a better history . If we ever want to compete for the borderline chelsea, spurs, and arsenal fans in our catchment area, i really don't think we will ever get there unless we win a few cups, or the league at some point. We are potentially a massive club, but have just never fulfilled it. Getting someone to see the huge potential is a hard sell too . That said, it may be an easier task now we are established premier league mediocrity that just needs a substantial financial push from someone who buys that vision to go on to that elusive next stage . Sadly money talks.
Soiled goods - no interest in competing for their 'support'.

Seriously, good points about toon, it's blind faith up there on a crazy scale. We just need to ensure that we make it as accessible as possible for our sleeping fans, occassionals and locals as possible. Yes the catchment area is substantial, but people won't be interested without success and enjoyment I agree.

The plans in place for the new stand and minor development elsewhere will get us where we need and also, hopefully, keep our feet on the ground and respecting our roots. There is a market to tap into, but I really don't believe we need an Etihed stadium or anything too much bigger than proposed - just another 10k max to allow for the above.

As for new owners, I feel it's really a case of better the devil..........whilst parish has upset a few I really struggle with the greif he gets (often over minor trivial 'personal' issues) considering where we could have been pre 2010.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:56 AM

aashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
We need some Arab with deep pockets
That knows about crystal palace park and the national sports stadium.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:59 AM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You see different reactions to owners all over the country look at Ashley at Newcastle he has spent money probaly more then parish but look at the abuse he gets maybe because Newcastle fans think they should be a top 6 10 club ? .Arsenal fans don't like there owners transfer dealings as they say were the arsenal we should be challenging for the title but there owners are buissnesmen who don't attend games that often so to them money would come before succsess . Unless you get a owner like Chelsea leicester and bournmouth have who are very rich but it's there hobby they get enjoyment from attending games like a fan and don't look to make a profit but these owners are rare .parish is a fan and cares but just not got the money these owners have. I honestly beleive if these 3 owners were at palace there money would force new stand threw quicker then yanks have which would give us big boost in corperate money that would help with fair play .
Old 02-10-2019, 10:59 AM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
That knows about crystal palace park and the national sports stadium.
There's oil under Crystal Palace Park?!
Old 02-10-2019, 11:03 AM

aashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
This certainly has the US investors fingerprints all over it. Buy at 100m try and sell for double that a few years later. Im not surprised that they are trying to cash in - we are looking pretty well set in the Prem to an outside investor and must be at peak attractability.

There are a shedload of things coming up that they may want to cash in before they get to be a possible problem and reduce the value of the club. Sadly this is exactly as expected when they came in. Hedge fund style investment.

As for up to 90% that sounds possible -the smoke and mirrors set up and Delaware registration of the ultimate owning companies is likely to hide a large percentage of ownership already and the club have never made clear who owns what since the US investors came in.

If Parish is prepared to dilute his share further that suggests the veto on action that he considers against Palace's interests may be up for grabs sadly. If they do go then selling out to them a few years ago is going to have turned out to be a bit of a failure. They may make a lot of money but we will be left with no real infrastructure improvements and a matchday squad that is the second oldest on average in the prem which suggests a lot of money may need to be spent in the not too distant future.

The only plus I can think of is the purchase of the training ground at Goals but it is entirely possible that that would have happened anyway.

I love their completely pie in the sky figures as to worth in three and five years time. As they have been trying to sell for a while without any takers it looks like no one else believes them either.
Yanks have 60% share, so they're not doubling their money
Old 02-10-2019, 11:04 AM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Sell AWB for 50m: TICK
Sell Zaha for 70m in summer 2020: TICK (deal is probably already done)

Major assets stripped. A few cheap replacements to appease the fans, as per the last few transfer windows. Mid table finish for 2019/20 season. Everyone happy.

Sell for 200m+ in the summer, once the Zaha transfer goes through. Americans make a big profit and Parish waters down his stake to release some of the wonga into his own back pocket too. Keeps a stake to show he is 100% Palace as well as a shrewd businessman. Everyone happy again. Can't wait.
2010 Have already pocketed a huge amount of money, from the sale to the Yanks. they will now stand to pocket again a load more cash. Looks like CPFC is the investment that keeps on giving, like the Goose and the golden egg, so much is owed to those fans that protested outside Lloyds, maybe they should consider a generous donation to the Supporters trust.