Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 23-10-2019, 05:05 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
How can we possibly need £22m? I genuinely don't get it.
Balance the books ahead of the end of the tax year? Or maybe FFP?

As I say it could be that we want the money available for the January transfer window and it helps with the above in order to do so.
Old 23-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Cash flows
From memory the epl tv payments are not received in one big chunk but spread to it over the course of the year
In the meantime wages and other operating costs still need to be paid
Old 23-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-10-2019, 05:13 PM
Sir Roy

Same bank Bournemouth Used for exactly same thing we have done when they sold mings
Old 23-10-2019, 05:14 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Cash flows
From memory the epl tv payments are not received in one big chunk but spread to it over the course of the year
I do hope it's not that, bearing in mind there was no guarantee we were going to get £45m for AWB - therefore what kind of desperate straits would we be in now if that deal hadn't completed? I hope it's for a major capital investment in January.

It seems likely though that had Simon Jordan pulled something like this, questions would be asked.
Old 23-10-2019, 05:14 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Cash flows
Cash flows I get. But this is our 7th season of Premier League money. Surely the owners know by now how much our operating costs are for the first half of the season. Should we have kept a bit back from last year?

How would we have coped without the AWB money?
Old 23-10-2019, 05:15 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
And Bipe gets in before me!
Old 23-10-2019, 05:21 PM
Sir Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
I do hope it's not that, bearing in mind there was no guarantee we were going to get £45m for AWB - therefore what kind of desperate straits would we be in now if that deal hadn't completed? I hope it's for a major capital investment in January.

It seems likely though that had Simon Jordan pulled something like this, questions would be asked.
Could be for a number of reasons

Parish mentioned an announcement about the academy didnít he? Maybe itís going towards the building for That?

You could speculate all day to be honest. In the meantime wages still need to be paid. Also remember Palace will be paying out on fees for transfers done in the past still.
Old 23-10-2019, 05:24 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
How often do the Premier League and/or TV rights pay out? I suspect only during the off season.

Most likely to me is topping up the balance sheet prior to the transfer window and/or tax season.

Or we can't pay Christian Benteke's wages this month...

Or as MexicanHorse says... money to invest in the Academy.
Old 23-10-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Could be for a number of reasons

Parish mentioned an announcement about the academy didnít he? Maybe itís going towards the building for That?

You could speculate all day to be honest. In the meantime wages still need to be paid. Also remember Palace will be paying out on fees for transfers done in the past still.
You are usually a pretty wise head on these matters. So if you're relaxed, I'm relaxed.

But if the Americans run off with all the money and we're in administration by February then I will hold you personally responsible.
Old 23-10-2019, 05:29 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I guess this is done to so the club does not need to take up any more loans for strengthening the squad in January. Despite the cash influx in the Premier League, teams like Palace haven't got £22 million in the bank to spend at their will, so they will have to loan towards future income. This prevents that, unless they spend more than £22 million, of course
Old 23-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Sir Roy

Quote:
You are usually a pretty wise head on these matters. So if you're relaxed, I'm relaxed.

But if the Americans run off with all the money and we're in administration by February then I will hold you personally responsible.
Deal
Old 23-10-2019, 06:09 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Am hoping itís towards batshuyi. And the academy news would be good also
Old 23-10-2019, 06:34 PM

M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If it is for transfers (let's hope so) does anyone know why this is happening now rather than in 2 months?
Old 23-10-2019, 06:45 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:

I wouldn't have been concerned about this normally but with the Americans wanting out and us making a loss it is a bit of a worry. We were supposed to be buying that Russian in the summer for £16m so where's the money for that?

With no news on the stadium and a rapidly ageing squad I feel a bit uneasy about things like this, regardless of whether other clubs do it or not. Seems clear to me the Americans don't want to invest another cent.
Old 23-10-2019, 06:50 PM

Optimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is no need to worry at all. This happens all the time but the company in question providing the finance doesn’t always register a Charge against the business (Palace) - Macquarie do.

Although the £45m is guaranteed from Man U it will be spread over a period of months\years. Palace have to pay VAT on transfers and HMRC want it paid almost immediately!!! What’s left will be used for working capital within the business and possibly to fund other potential outgoings such as transfers or the academy.

Standard practice these days.
Old 23-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So a £22m loan....hmmm.

How much are Chelsea said to want for Bats again???

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 23-10-2019, 06:54 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
So have Manchester United paid Palace anything for AWB yet, or is this loan on the strength of the second installment?
Old 23-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Not sure that's been said too many times in the 114 years of CPFC
Old 23-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
So have Manchester United paid Palace anything for AWB yet, or is this loan on the strength of the second installment?
Macquarie pay Palace now, Man Utd now pay Macquarie the £22.5m due in July instead of Palace.