Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 20-10-2021, 10:57 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I had an insanely weird round at Surrey National, even by my usual standards yesterday.

Could only play 15 holes due to family commitments.
Shocking first hole, and got away with a 6 thanks for a 15 foot putt.

Hit maybe my biggest drive ever up the hill into the wind on the 2nd. Cocked up a PW on to the green and then nearly holed out from my chip back on.

Had 4 really good holes. Hit an ok-ish 3 wood on the 6th, cocked my hybrid up, before then hit a 170 yard 6 iron pin height.

Then sliced my next ball on the par 3 at a 50 degree angle (at least!) into the trees. Hit my 2nd shot from the tee short. Then nearly chipped in again.

Bloody game.
You’d fit in well Tom.

Cricket wanker.
Old 20-10-2021, 10:58 AM

Kevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is here
The Golf Thread

Since joining Chobham back in July, I've played insanely often, to the detriment of my game I think, as I'm usually stiff and aching.

Just had 10 days off as I went away and snuck out for a quick 9 holes before work today and shot a very consistent 46, which equates to 20 points for me - 2 points on 7 holes and 3 points on the other 2. Happy with that
Old 20-10-2021, 11:00 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Oh, and my only blob came on the 18th ffs.

Cricket wanker.
Old 20-10-2021, 11:33 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
Since joining Chobham back in July, I've played insanely often, to the detriment of my game I think, as I'm usually stiff and aching.

Just had 10 days off as I went away and snuck out for a quick 9 holes before work today and shot a very consistent 46, which equates to 20 points for me - 2 points on 7 holes and 3 points on the other 2. Happy with that
I know this sounds really obvious, but do you stretch before playing? I never see anyone stretch before playing golf, which seems pretty silly.
Old 20-10-2021, 11:35 AM

Kevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I know this sounds really obvious, but do you stretch before playing? I never see anyone stretch before playing golf, which seems pretty silly.

Yes, loads. Being on my feet a lot causes my lower back, my glutes, my hamstrings, my calves and even my feet to tighten up. Playing golf almost every day isn't kind to my body, even with lots of stretching.
Old 20-10-2021, 11:49 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Drove 5.5 hours up to Turnberry last week. 15 mins on the putting green. Walk to the tee, 3 wafts of the driver, tee it up and boom it down the middle.

Catches up with you soon after though
Old 20-10-2021, 11:50 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've played the Old. Of course you should play it but in absolute honesty, the Jubilee is better... I've not done the New yet but I was told that is also better than the Old, by one of the rangers on the course.

In terms of playing the Old... I joined the queue very early in the morning (0500 or so) and was lucky number 13. The blokes at the front of the queue had got there the night before and slept on the benches with sleeping bags Effectively it is stand by - if there is a gap, you'll go out. However, when I was up there last month, they weren't operating this due to Covid restrictions. You would think that by May though, it should be up and running again.

Have you been to St Andrews before? It's a bloody great place.

It is also worth considering other courses outside of St Andrews itself. Crail - the old shorter course of the two they have there. Proper hard but good fun.

I also played Leven Links and enjoyed that too.
Cheers for that, we are coming round to not playing the OC. In May it’s £220 per player, so between £90 and £115 higher that the other 3. I e also heard that the others are probably better in terms of golf over history. The package they have offered for the other 3 is £100 less than full price so is a decent deal.

We are staying at the Old Course Hotel so will probably stick around the main St Andrew’s courses. I did have a quick look at Kingsbarns then quickly looked away again after seeing the green fees! £328, up there with Valderama (€400).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 20-10-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Drove 5.5 hours up to Turnberry last week. 15 mins on the putting green. Walk to the tee, 3 wafts of the driver, tee it up and boom it down the middle.

3 wafts? I'd report you for slow play
Old 20-10-2021, 01:37 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Cheers for that, we are coming round to not playing the OC. In May it’s £220 per player, so between £90 and £115 higher that the other 3. I e also heard that the others are probably better in terms of golf over history. The package they have offered for the other 3 is £100 less than full price so is a decent deal.

We are staying at the Old Course Hotel so will probably stick around the main St Andrew’s courses. I did have a quick look at Kingsbarns then quickly looked away again after seeing the green fees! £328, up there with Valderama (€400).
Something aside from golf that I found really cool - The Secret Bunker. About a 10 minute drive...
Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post

Tbf the first is presents no difficulties. Generous opening hole.
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Best stretch is in the nets building up the swing with an iron, just to loosen it all up
Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Tbf the first is presents no difficulties. Generous opening hole.
Piss on his bonfire, why don't you?