Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-05-2016, 10:01 PM

ObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Really care to tell what damage and vet cost this attack was? Nasty nip?

Yes exactly that several nasty 'nips' that were painful for my dog and did need treatment.

Had the roles been reversed you would no doubt be asking fort dog to be destroyed but answer me this what damage would those nips do to a young child?
Old 19-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
The problem with staffs is when they go, they go

Other dogs like say a labrador or a retreiver can snap and the worst you will get is a bite but staffs dont snap, when they reach their tipping point they attack and theres a difference.
They rip you to bits and dont let go sort of thing??
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 19-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Most Staff's you see now are not the fat little legged things from 15 years or more back.... Quite a few are the Pit bull colours now and longer legged and more muscles with bigger Jaws....the breed type has been changed by the private chav breeders off the Estate and down the publ
Indeed. But they aren't staffs are they?
Old 19-05-2016, 10:04 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWood83 View Post
I have owned 2 Boxers, a Dalmation and now have 2 Staffs.
One of my Boxers (a bitch) did not like other dogs so was always kept on a lead. One of my staffs was attacked by a German Shepherd (I know they probably asked for it) and since then is also kept on a lead.
I have lived in the area all my life, taking them for walks in the county park and have had more issues with small dogs like Yorkies and Chihuahuas than I ever have had with the so called 'dangerous' dogs. The problem is "Staff Mauled by Yorkie" doesn't sell papers.
My dog is a big old lad, he weighs 12 stone and he gets snapped at by nearly every terrier he goes to say hello to, although it annoys me they arent really big to cause serious concern.

Staffies generally do not like other dogs imo

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 19-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Yes exactly that several nasty 'nips' that were painful for my dog and did need treatment.

Had the roles been reversed you would no doubt be asking fort dog to be destroyed but answer me this what damage would those nips do to a young child?
Google any serious Yorkshire terrier attacks on kids or other dogs...I mean they are small thing things you would kick over the wall if one went crazy!
Old 19-05-2016, 10:06 PM

ObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldObiWood83 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
The problem with staffs is when they go, they go

Other dogs like say a labrador or a retreiver can snap and the worst you will get is a bite but staffs dont snap, when they reach their tipping point they attack and theres a difference.

Sorry what?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Indeed. But they aren't staffs are they?
They are the common type.....by numbers!
Old 19-05-2016, 10:07 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
I ended up looking after an old staff for the end of his days and he was lovely. Dobermans on the other hand, they are scary. Possibly evil.
Old 19-05-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Sorry what?

If you search you will be able to find articles like this on probably every dog breed. To say only Staffs bite to cause injury is ridiculous.
Old 19-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
In what % is it a true pure breed now? Cos 95% look non old school now to me.
Here you go, you tell us. If it doesn't conform then it isn't a staffie.

The current breed standard for Staffordshire Bull Terriers.

Lips tight and clean. Jaws strong, teeth large, with a perfect, regular and complete scissor bite, i.e. upper teeth closely overlapping lower teeth and set square to the jaws.

Neck

Muscular, rather short, clean in outline gradually widening towards shoulders.

Forequarters

Legs straight and well boned, set rather wide apart, showing no weakness at the pasterns, from which point feet turn out a little. Shoulders well laid back with no looseness at elbow.

Body

Close-coupled, with level topline, wide front, deep brisket, well sprung ribs; muscular and well defined.

Hindquarters

Well muscled, hocks well let down with stifles well bent. Legs parallel when viewed from behind.

Feet

Well padded, strong and of medium size. Nails black in solid coloured dogs.

Tail

Medium length, low-set, tapering to a point and carried rather low. Should not curl much and may be likened to an old-fashioned pump handle.

Gait/Movement

Free, powerful and agile with economy of effort. Legs moving parallel when viewed from front or rear. Discernible drive from hindlegs.

Coat

Smooth, short and close.

Colour

Red, fawn, white, black or blue, or any one of these colours with white. Any shade of brindle or any shade of brindle with white. Black and tan or liver colour highly undesirable.

Size

Desirable height at withers 36-41 cms (14 to 16 ins), these heights being related to the weights. Weight: dogs: 13-17 kgs (28-38 lbs); bitches 11-15.4 kgs.

Faults

Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog and on the dog’s ability to perform its traditional work.

Note

Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.
Old 19-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Hadron Collider

Most Staff's are not the old Kennel Club design..... we now have mainly the Chav Weapon of Choice!
What % do you think Blind?
I think it's 90% Chav pit bull Staff's now!
Old 19-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Hadron Collider

And the dog shelter's should help to clean up the breed!
Old 19-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Hadron Collider

And they are so Ugly!
Old 19-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Rubbish.
Ah you must be one of the 'my dog would never hurt a fly' group.

The same group that, if they really, honestly, believe that it is totally safe to leave a new born child alone with a mature canine, are so ill informed they should not be allowed to have children, let alone be permitted to own a dog.
Old 19-05-2016, 10:21 PM

I realise we will fail to convince any of you as you have already made your minds up probably on public opinion rather than experience but currently the most violent dog in the UK is actually the Jack Russell.
Old 19-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
I realise we will fail to convince any of you as you have already made your minds up probably on public opinion rather than experience but currently the most violent dog in the UK is actually the Jack Russell.
In the Sun didn't read it but which dog is worse is obvious to anyone walking a NORMAL family dog in the park.
And it's easy to see what dogs fill the shelter's most...yes it's Chav dog Staffy!
Old 19-05-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Google any serious Yorkshire terrier attacks on kids or other dogs...I mean they are small thing things you would kick over the wall if one went crazy!

I did and found this, guess he didn't kick it over the wall quick enough

Old 19-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
cloud cuckoo land!
really?

If I bought a bmw and swapped the engine, gearbox and suspension with a ford transit, could I still legally trade it in as a bmw?
Old 19-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Hadron Collider

"Half-stone 'Yorkies' are becoming a favourite of urban street gangs because of their fearsome reputation."

Is that for real?

Last edited by in-exile; 19-05-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 19-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
really?

If I bought a bmw and swapped the engine, gearbox and suspension with a ford transit, could I still legally trade it in as a bmw?
I'm not buying it.