Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-11-2018, 06:51 PM
54 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Yea.. I think thatís ok. Obviously itís subjective as to when it is appropriate to have the discussion, but in my opinion... in the direct aftermath... I find a bit crass.
If you don't have the discussion in the direct aftermath it will just be forgotten or, worse, superseded by the next mass shooting in a few days' time.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:09 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobham Eagle View Post
If you don't have the discussion in the direct aftermath it will just be forgotten or, worse, superseded by the next mass shooting in a few days' time.

I donít believe that to be the case. I think we all know that the USA has a gun problem. I donít think straight after a horrific event is the time or place. Let the dust settle. How many times have you seen anti-Islam shit after a terrorist attack... its the worst time to have reasoned debate when emotions are raw. Iíve said the same after the London Bridge terror attacks. Loads of people wanted the death penalty in the aftermath... I wonder if those same people still want the death penalty?
Old 08-11-2018, 07:17 PM
54 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I donít believe that to be the case. I think we all know that the USA has a gun problem. I donít think straight after a horrific event is the time or place. Let the dust settle. How many times have you seen anti-Islam shit after a terrorist attack... its the worst time to have reasoned debate when emotions are raw. Iíve said the same after the London Bridge terror attacks. Loads of people wanted the death penalty in the aftermath... I wonder if those same people still want the death penalty?
By the time the 'dust settles' there will be more innocent Americans slaughtered because of that country's ludicrous approach to gun laws. To immediately criticise the USA's obsession with guns immediately after yet another atrocity is barely akin to a knee-jerk reaction demanding the death penalty after a terrorist outrage.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:30 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobham Eagle View Post
By the time the 'dust settles' there will be more innocent Americans slaughtered because of that country's ludicrous approach to gun laws. To immediately criticise the USA's obsession with guns immediately after yet another atrocity is barely akin to a knee-jerk reaction demanding the death penalty after a terrorist outrage.

I was simply pointing out that in the direct aftermath, you rarely get reasonable debate....

Actually, I totally see your point now.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:33 PM

Eaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is here
These threads are pointless do people really keep an eye on sky news ready to post a bbs thread.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:29 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yea.. I think thatís ok. Obviously itís subjective as to when it is appropriate to have the discussion, but in my opinion... in the direct aftermath... I find a bit crass.
There will never be a good time when you have the number of firearms deaths the US has. With something like 10,000 a year, and only 365 days to talk about it. The US needs to understand the difference between him control and banning guns.

The agenda is firmly in the hands of the insane at present who seem ok with pushing more guns straight after each tragedy but about down any concept of reasonable regulation
Old 08-11-2018, 08:49 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Appropriate or not, it’s irrelevent that we discuss it. We don’t discuss gun policy in the DR Congo.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:31 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Americans want this. Itís staring them in the face and nothing changes.
Yes.

3 of the top ten mass shootings have been in "Conceal and Carry for Safety" Texas.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:22 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
To add to the shock and horror of this, the area around where this happened is currently being devastated by a massive fire that taken hold this afternoon/evening.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:50 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Terrorist attacks in the UK must be in the single figures over the last decade.
In the same period there would've been thousands of mass shootings and well over 100,000 deaths from guns in the U.S.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:54 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post
These threads are pointless do people really keep an eye on sky news ready to post a bbs thread.
Threads on a forum pointless? You're going to have to explain your statement further as your statement could be used on nearly every thread on the BBS, or social media for that fact.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:59 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Appropriate or not, itís irrelevent that we discuss it. We donít discuss gun policy in the DR Congo.
Like it or not America has massively more social & cultural impact on the UK than DR of Congo has. Saying that we obviously do not have the gun culture but are importing other aspects of their gang culture and it's increase in violence?
Old 09-11-2018, 08:48 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
My favourite type of posts are those that use dead people to push their agenda.
From the NY Times

When a gunman opened fire at the Route 91 Festival in Las Vegas last year, Telemachus Orfanos somehow survived.

On Wednesday night, though, he didnít.

ďHe was killed last night at Borderline,Ē his mother, Susan Orfanos, said, speaking rapidly into the telephone. ďHe made it through Las Vegas, he came home. And he didnít come home last night, and the two words I want you to write are: Gun control. Right now ó so that no one else goes through this. Can you do that? Can you do that for me? Gun control.Ē

Ms. Orfanos then hung up the telephone
Old 09-11-2018, 09:09 AM
sleep chaser

Yea, totally see your point now
Old 09-11-2018, 09:20 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why wouldnít they ?
Old 09-11-2018, 09:36 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post
I don't think the internet is the place for you.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 09-11-2018, 09:43 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Why wouldnít they ?

Because in the direct aftermath of a awful atrocity, people say stuff that they wouldnít say weeks later. Iíve always said after any incident... itís always best to let the dust settle. Other people think differently. Thatís fine... some people use crimes to make political points... I find it crass in the direct aftermath... other people think itís the perfect moment.
Gusset did it with noncing... I find it a bit shitty. He felt it was justified.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:52 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Because in the direct aftermath of a awful atrocity, people say stuff that they wouldnít say weeks later. Iíve always said after any incident... itís always best to let the dust settle. Other people think differently. Thatís fine... some people use crimes to make political points... I find it crass in the direct aftermath... other people think itís the perfect moment.
Gusset did it with noncing... I find it a bit shitty. He felt it was justified.
But the dust never settles. There's always another mass shooting not long after the last. If everyone let the dust settle before talking about gun control, there would never be any discussions on it. If anything, discussion directly after it happens is the perfect time because your talking about tools that's sole use is for killing people. The sooner you talk about it and the more you talk about it, the better. Gun control is a subject that Americans should rightly be angry about.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 09-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
So I see there has been an attack in Australia where guns are outlawed and using a knife.

I'm sure the NRA will trot out that no one has asked to ban knifes...

The fact that one person died compared to 12 or so I'm sure is irrelevant!
Old 09-11-2018, 10:13 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
But the dust never settles. There's always another mass shooting not long after the last. If everyone let the dust settle before talking about gun control, there would never be any discussions on it. If anything, discussion directly after it happens is the perfect time because your talking about tools that's sole use is for killing people. The sooner you talk about it and the more you talk about it, the better. Gun control is a subject that Americans should rightly be angry about.

Before the bodies are cold?