Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-08-2019, 08:30 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Panorama ski resort in the Rockies and British Columbia is fantastic
Old 28-08-2019, 09:25 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
I'm off to Canada in two weeks. Awaits post from SC to say.........................................
Old 28-08-2019, 09:43 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
The West is an amazing place. Vancouver is probably the best city I’ve visited. Calgary I was less impressed with. Toronto great also. Rockies amazing and The Rock Mountaineer is brilliant. Jasper excellent.

One tip - take a decent camera, stunning.
Old 28-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Check out Cecil’s in Vancouver if it’s still there.

Cricket wanker.
Old 28-08-2019, 10:57 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Oi!..What do you mean dodgy ?
He said doggy not dodgy as well you know.

How's Claude anyway? Haven't seen any pics recently.
Old 28-08-2019, 11:57 PM

Newfie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewfie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewfie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewfie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewfie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewfie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewfie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewfie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewfie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewfie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewfie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There is also Newfoundland but east coast
Old 29-08-2019, 12:18 AM

dougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Used to be a professional ice hockey player over there, superb country enjoy!
Old 29-08-2019, 12:23 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
I'm off to Canada in two weeks. Awaits post from SC to say.........................................
Sssshhhh. leicester1's coach might swing by on a detour.
Old 29-08-2019, 01:02 AM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
You're all a bit mad up there but I guess you need to be in that environment.

Two of the most intelligent but out there friends I've ever had were twins from Newfoundland. Armed to the teeth in the posh bit of Camden in 80's but then again their father was a war historian and correspondent but it didn't excuse shooting pigeons in the garden with a pump action.
Old 29-08-2019, 03:04 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Then I hope that you have a lovely break.
Boooooooo.
Say it like you mean it next time
Old 29-08-2019, 03:53 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
I could write a book! One thing I try to warn people is that it is a bloody big country.
Reminds me of the story of someones son flying to Halifax. They had family in Vancouver and asked if they could pick him up at the airport. The reply:-

“ You pick him up. You’re closer.”
Old 29-08-2019, 05:28 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
If they're available online, I would definitely recommend watching Michael Portillo's Railroad Journeys where he did Canada. Covered West and East.

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone on here been to Quebec? It looked fantastic.
Old 29-08-2019, 07:10 AM

Twin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Start the journey from Vancouver and head east towards Calgary for better views than travelling west.
I would definitely drive rather than take the train. The road and train line often travel side by side and you see a lot of similar scenery. The car will allow you to go off on some of the amazing minor roads and trails as well as being significantly cheaper.
Old 29-08-2019, 09:42 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
I can't help you with Jasper, Calgary etc but I did live on Vancouver Island for two years and my advice would be;

Go straight up to Tofino which is the most wonderful place in the world. Good for bear watching & sea-kayaking. Stay on Chesterman Beach - if you have the money, stay at The Wick (To view the link you have to Register or Login). If you haven't, there are plenty of cottages on the same beach. I also tend lose myself in the Vickers gallery (To view the link you have to Register or Login) for a while.

The only reason to go to Victoria is if you want to go orca/killer whale watching & maybe Butchart Gardens.

Vancouver is a fantastic city - Stanley Park is a lovely place.

If you want any more details, ping me.
Old 29-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Amazing sturgeon fishing on the St. Lawrence river if you're into that sort of thing.
Old 29-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
See yourself some bald eagles.
Old 29-08-2019, 10:22 AM

Cambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I did a similar trip last year, but we hired a car in Vancouver and returned it in Calgary. I can highly recommend it as a holiday destination. Vancouver is a lovely city, with nice food and scenery and lots to do. Car hire was really cheap by European standards and petrol is very cheap. I'd advocate hiring a pick up as so many people have them, especially in Alberta, and unless you're mad you'd not have one here.

The Rockies are stunning and as others have said Jasper and the icefields parkway are incredible. Accommodation is not cheap though. We did an airbnb in Hinton which is just past Jasper (To view the link you have to Register or Login) as everything in Jasper was so expensive. The place we stayed did a great breakfast though. It was really nice and close to the Miette Hot Springs. The lakes are also stunning. The blueness of the water is crazy. There are loads of really nice hikes to do, but be prepared to go early to avoid the crowds and be able to park.

We also found lots of really good microbreweries, and lots of good food. Kelowna is also worth a visit. Plenty of good wine, which I was quite surprised by!

All in all I'd definitely recommend it and I would go again.
Old 29-08-2019, 10:27 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
Been there a couple of times for work. Quite enjoyed it, but feckin' freezing. I was there in a suit, and my only concession to the weather was taking a scarf.

Also the heaviest/worst snow storm I've ever seen but it was apparently nothing to the Newfies. You couldn't see the other side of the road for the snow, but the plane still took off after having been de-iced on the runway.
Old 29-08-2019, 09:10 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Oi!..What do you mean dodgy ?

One of those is wearing Claude on her head.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 29-08-2019, 09:38 PM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O. eagle View Post
Most things already covered, but here's a few others to consider.

You can easily drive from Vancouver to Calgary or vice versa in a couple of days, but avoid the 'fast road' called the Coquihalla and stick to the smaller roads through central BC. Check out the Okanagan area eg Kelowna and Summerland.

Don't stay in Calgary but somewhere a bit north eg Canmore or Banff before heading to Jasper. As someone pointed out, don't head for Jasper without a reservation. This is one of the worlds great drives.

Plenty see and do on Vancouver Island and Victoria. Take the BC Ferry from the Vancouver area to the Island via Active Pass, it's spectacular.

Air Canada from LHR or Westjet from LGW both perfectly fine.

Oh, and a warning.....expect to see plenty of people wearing wanker kit!
I would second this, the Ferry ride to Vancouver Island is wonderful and the Island is definitely worth a visit.