Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-09-2019, 12:54 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
Not sure if there is a thread on this, nearly everyday we have reports of people being stabbed. Big question I know but why? What has changed fin our society so much that knife crime seems almost acceptable?
What has changed in our society ? Well in London the people have changed over the last 20 years , maybe part of the reason but nobody , certainly no politician wants to talk about that .
Old 02-09-2019, 01:20 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
What has changed in our society ? Well in London the people have changed over the last 20 years , maybe part of the reason but nobody , certainly no politician wants to talk about that .
Have you seen who our prime minister is?
Old 02-09-2019, 02:17 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Changed from what, to what? Enlighten us please!
Old 02-09-2019, 02:48 PM
Small Twanger

FrankieBoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrankieBoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrankieBoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrankieBoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrankieBoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrankieBoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrankieBoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrankieBoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrankieBoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrankieBoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrankieBoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Changed from what, to what? Enlighten us please!
For heavens sake don’t be facetious. It’s pretty much undeniable that the black community, in London at least, are massively over-represented in stabbing incidents. Or do you dispute that?
Old 02-09-2019, 03:21 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieBoy View Post
For heavens sake don’t be facetious. It’s pretty much undeniable that the black community, in London at least, are massively over-represented in stabbing incidents. Or do you dispute that?
The current knife problem in London is a majority black issue, both in terms of victims and perpetrators, but clearly it’s not the mere existence of black people causing it, as most of them were around before this spike. You have to look at social causes. Black people in London have always been poorer and had access to poorer education, and the link between crime and these two factors is undeniable, but the issue has suddenly been exacerbated by government policies such as austerity causing more poverty, police cuts, and smaller links like the rise of social media, where some people glamourise gang violence.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:47 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Crime is increasing alongside the potential gains (drugs economy) and the number of potential victims (people with possessions than can be monetised).
Old 02-09-2019, 03:57 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
The more Police crack down on drugs, the more violent the criminals become. If they remove one gang... it creates a gap in the market. When undercover police smashed The Burger Bar Boys... Gangs from Nottingham were selling drugs on their patch within two hours.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:30 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
The current knife problem in London is a majority black issue, both in terms of victims and perpetrators, but clearly it’s not the mere existence of black people causing it, as most of them were around before this spike. You have to look at social causes. Black people in London have always been poorer and had access to poorer education, and the link between crime and these two factors is undeniable, but the issue has suddenly been exacerbated by government policies such as austerity causing more poverty, police cuts, and smaller links like the rise of social media, where some people glamourise gang violence.
I think testosterone and the glamorisation of gang culture plays a massive part IMO. If it was just a poverty thing then why aren’t females involved in large numbers, as they’re feeling the negative effects of a poorer society too?

It’s unpalatable, but like football violence back in the day among the white, male working classes, it was a very exciting and alluring thing to be involved in for some.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 02-09-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I think testosterone and the glamorisation of gang culture plays a massive part IMO. If it was just a poverty thing then why aren’t females involved in large numbers, as they’re feeling the negative effects of a poorer society too?

It’s unpalatable, but like football violence back in the day among the white, male working classes, it was a very exciting and alluring thing to be involved in for some.
Yep, testosterone. That’s been a fact of life since the dawn of mankind though, not a new phenomenon. Men are just more violent, and have more ability to act on their violence due to superior strength and stature.

I think the general consensus amongst criminologists is that glamorisation of gang violence through social media and rap music is a very small factor compared to the others, and doesn’t really play a huge part. I don’t hear many people arguing that the Rolling Stones played a huge part in encouraging domestic violence, yet that’s essentially the same concept.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 02-09-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:46 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep, testosterone. That’s been a fact of life since the dawn of mankind though, not a new phenomenon. Men are just more violent, and have more ability to act on their violence due to superior strength and stature.

I think the general consensus amongst criminologists is that glamorisation of gang violence through social media and rap music is a very small factor compared to the others, and doesn’t really play a huge part. I don’t hear many people arguing that the Rolling Stones played a huge part in encouraging domestic violence, yet that’s essentially the same concept.
You lost me on that last bit; why would the Stones music make men hit women? Their music wasn’t that mysogonist was it?

I’m not blaming rap culture by the way, but the gang glamorisation in a lot of the music is undeniable.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 02-09-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
You lost me on that last bit; why would the Stones music make men hit women? Their music wasn’t that mysogonist was it?

I’m not blaming rap culture by the way, but the gang glamorisation in a lot of the music is undeniable.
Have you listened to Under My Thumb?
Old 02-09-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Have you listened to Under My Thumb?
Of course - my favourite track of theirs, but to me it’s about a bloke who was controlled by ‘his woman’ and who’s turned the tables on her. Can’t see anything in there that is remotely similar to some today’s rap lyrics I’ve heard - it’s called Gangster rap for a reason.

- John Peel
Old 02-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
- Since 2010, police numbers have dropped by 20,000 – a 14 per cent decrease.
- A £400 million reduction in youth work budgets since 2010
- Over 600 youth centres, and 130,000 places for young people, have disappeared
- Social services have hit a tipping point: a record 73,000 children are in care in England.
- Ninety young people enter the care system every day
- More than 40 permanent exclusions were handed out each day in the 2016/17 school year, taking the total to 7,720, up from 6,685 in 2015/16
- At least 150 young people are being turned away each day by NHS psychological support services which simply do not have the capacity or resources to cope with the demand.
- 93 percent increase over five years in the number of children aged 16 and under being attacked with sharp weapons.

It's the people with black skin, you see. Savages.

Last edited by Joe85; 02-09-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:03 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Of course - my favourite track of theirs, but to me it’s about a bloke who was controlled by ‘his woman’ and who’s turned the tables on her. Can’t see anything in there that is remotely similar to some today’s rap lyrics I’ve heard - it’s called Gangster rap for a reason.
As an aside, the Wayne Gibson cover is a far superior version.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
He’s allowed to go out and she isn’t, she’s a ‘squirming dog’ etc - It heavily hints at an abusing relationship. The leap from that to wife beating isn’t any different to the leap from being part of a gang to stabbing another kid. Interestingly enough, from 2011 to 2016, the met police only identified a gang element in under 5% of youth violence cases.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Gangs —> County lines —> drugs used by middle class whites.

See how easy it is to play the race card?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-09-2019, 05:49 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wow really? That’s a surprise choice.

Gimme Shelter SURELY?
Old 02-09-2019, 05:51 PM

Beast of Burden or Monkey Man for me.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:00 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Remember the Warriors? That had quite an impact back in the day.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Remember the Warriors? That had quite an impact back in the day.
Yeah great film at the time. I was only about 9/10 when I saw it on a dodgy pirate video, and I distinctly remember the rush it gave me even at that young age.

Discussions of being influenced by the media always reminds me of this.

- John Peel