Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Converting the heretics!

Micky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Personally I like the esure/Winner ads, it annoys the crap out of everyone else, that's what it's supposed to do - calm down!
Old 02-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by Dodger
That advert was particularly offensive and I complained to the relevant authorities. I'm pleased to say that took my complaint seriously and had the advert banned.

Quite right too.

Patronising rubbish.

Sorry to have to inform the rest of you, but the Shake n Vac ad was massively succesful and had the product flying off the shelves faster than they could stock it.

There is a VAST difference between a good ad and an entertaining ad.

SAdly...

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I hate the Ford Focus C-Max advert. Adopting a BMW style advert does not make it a quality car.

Likewise the Toyota Avensis (and all of those car ads that try to elevate run of the mill cars to luxury status). I'm sure they cut the ad too early and the dialogue runs like this "What was it you said you did............street sweeper judging by the car you drive"
Old 02-07-2004, 04:21 PM

Uncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyUncle Brod walks through walls, floats down the Liffey
Quote:
Originally posted by nookiebear
The worst ever, IMHO, is the present Doritos one starring Vernon Kay. He should be banned from TV forever for that one
I switch to another channel whenever it comes on.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Having said that Peugeot have done a good job with their advert - they manage to go through the entire thing without showing the rear section of the car, which is frankly digusting.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:27 PM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
I like the Michael Winner ones. I'm really a very good driver.

I hate anything with those 2 fat slags from Birds of a Feather. I'm sure they've been in adverts. Those would be the worst.
Ariel, or Arial or whatever washing powder it is.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:30 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Any advert exploiting football especially that nike? one with all the galacticos in a mediaeval kickabout.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Semper Idem

It was Surf.

I had some connection with that one. Massively effective.

Guess you guys aren't housewives...

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-07-2004, 04:35 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
Massively effective
but awful from a viewer's point of view, which I think is the point here
Old 02-07-2004, 04:38 PM

Athletico Git lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnAthletico Git lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnAthletico Git lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnAthletico Git lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnAthletico Git lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnAthletico Git lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnAthletico Git lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnAthletico Git lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnAthletico Git lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnAthletico Git lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnAthletico Git lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
The latest McDonalds campaign boils my blood more than any other at the moment. Not the Timberlake nonsense, but the one aimed at selling their 'healthy' salad range.

So, you are a sophisticated, attractive professional female and you want to meet your similarly sophisticated etc pals to talk about, I don't know, men or shoes or something..... 'hey girls we shall we meet? Trendy overly-designed bar? Poncy restaurant? Oooh no it's got to be McDonalds!'

The thought of those bints heading down to the formica & chav paradise as a 'modern lifestyle choice' is hilarious.
More honest advertising please - aim your McDonalds ads at lazy portly oversalted idiots like me and everyone's happy!

Sorry, first post and I'm coming on like Naomi Klein.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
but awful from a viewer's point of view, which I think is the point here

Really? The thread title is 'the worst ad'.

Don't see anything about a viewer's pov in those words. The only bad ad is one that doesn't sell. And many of these ads are simply not targetted at 'BBS demographics'.

Now 'favorite', or 'noisome', that's another matter entirely...

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-07-2004, 04:44 PM

The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor.
Quality first post Athletico. Love the term 'oversalted'. Sounds like a Croydon slag...
Old 02-07-2004, 04:45 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz

Really? The thread title is 'the worst ad'.

Don't see anything about a viewer's pov in those words. The only bad ad is one that doesn't sell. And many of these ads are simply not targetted at 'BBS demographics'.

Now 'favorite', or 'noisome', that's another matter entirely...
i was going on the context of everyone else in the thread. Sorry, just tired of hearing again and again of the success of shake and bloody vac and similar piles of 'creative' tripe.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:47 PM

The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor. The Doctor.
I'm with Sunny on this. No tv ad has ever moved me to buy a product. I'm sure a few have had quite the opposite effect. Most just make me want to put my boot through the screen.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:52 PM

Just as I corrected the spelling on my last post one of those bloody Mint card ads came on. They really get my goat (not sure what I'm doing with a goat in the first place, mind). You just know there's some smug, self-satisfied media tw*t patting himself on the back over how funny he is.

Even if I wanted (or was allowed!) a credit card, I'd base my decision on interest rates etc., not on the fact that some c*nt made the card an unusual shape. F*ckers.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:53 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
i was going on the context of everyone else in the thread. Sorry, just tired of hearing again and again of the success of shake and bloody vac and similar piles of 'creative' tripe.
I never said EITHER ad was 'creative' Sunny. Just effective.

As for your comment, Doctor, it is a well known fact that very few ever admit that an ad made them buy a product.

It's equally a well known fact that advertising (In general) works. (If it didn't the marketeers would LOVE to cut that expenditure from their budgets).

Take those facts together and you have a logical gap, to which there is only one answer...

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-07-2004, 04:54 PM

Or is it just one of these pointless self-perpetuating industries Maz?
Old 02-07-2004, 04:55 PM
pura vida

Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
I never said EITHER ad was 'creative' Sunny. Just effective.
Hence the single quote marks I used. I was being slightly ironic.

And effective doesn't necessaarily equal good in my eyes. So many evil things are effective, I'll leave you to dream up some examples from history.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
And effective doesn't necessaarily equal good in my eyes. [/B]
Hmm. Actually, in real life rather than your eyes, (Inside The Brain of Sunny Fan?) good=effective and nothing else, 'adwise'.

If your company had to choose, would it rather you produced good reports or enjoyable ones?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-07-2004, 05:03 PM

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
all halifax building society adverts ever. anyone who appears on such an advert should be squarely shot in both knee-caps.

itv advertising themselves, especially the way they try and sell football to idiots.