Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 02-10-2021, 11:50 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Local government pay down 25% since 2010

Pretty much the same for the civil service and many other workers.

These are staggering real term pay cuts.

Someone today on 30k would be on 37.5k today, and someone on 40k, would be on 50k, if pay rises had kept up with inflation. In the space on just over a decade.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:08 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Interesting. I tried to see if similar figures were available for the private sector but the figures are too confusing
Old 02-10-2021, 12:11 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Meanwhile in the last year:

Quote:
Wealth among billionaires increased by 21.7 per cent over the year, rising by £106.5 billion to £597.2 billion.
Since 2010 the wealth richest 1000 in the U.K. has gone up about 300%.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:13 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Interesting. I tried to see if similar figures were available for the private sector but the figures are too confusing
This is from 2018 but the comparison still stands

To view the link you have to Register or Login
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:18 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
My flabber was well and truly gasted when I saw who had started this thread.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Iím sure

You have to say though the scale of these pay cuts is staggering.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:33 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
He is a rather intense person. I wish he'd start one on why you don't see white dog shit any more. He'd find it liberating.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:39 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
He is a rather intense person. I wish he'd start one on why you don't see white dog shit any more. He'd find it liberating.
But we know the answer to that. Less bones in Fidoís diet.

Increasing inequality is yet to be solved afaik. I think Adlers has the answer.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Itís true most of my threads are about politics. But I do some non political threads
Old 02-10-2021, 02:02 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
The people I have dealt with in the local authority offices, housing, social services, waste management, parking, environment, council, planning etc, have nearly all been absolute tosspots. I'm surprised the c*nts get paid at all.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:12 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We're all c~nts who deserve nothing less than chronic anal trauma simply for existing, Steve.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:13 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here

Last edited by Johnnieboy; 02-10-2021 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:31 PM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Pretty much the same for the civil service and many other workers.

These are staggering real term pay cuts.

Someone today on 30k would be on 37.5k today, and someone on 40k, would be on 50k, if pay rises had kept up with inflation. In the space on just over a decade.

This is just trade union propaganda rubbish. It shows how insanely overpaid people in the public sector were at the end of the Labour governments and why the national debt got so high in the first place
(Trade Unions currently complaining about proposals that London weighting might be taken away from people working remotely who don't live in London!)

As someone who works in local government HR, many, many people here are still overpaid compared to small businesses in the private sector. Notice you've not mentioned how local government workers had a 2% backdated pay increase last October, despite being in a massive pandemic where a million other people had lost their jobs and ten plus million furloughed.

I would love to live in a world where there is a Jeremy Corbyn, Magic money tree in every corner, there had been no global financial crisis a decade ago and no ongoing worldwide pandemic.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:44 PM

Kipungu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKipungu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKipungu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKipungu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKipungu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKipungu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKipungu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKipungu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKipungu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKipungu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKipungu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
This is just trade union propaganda rubbish. It shows how insanely overpaid people in the public sector were at the end of the Labour governments and why the national debt got so high in the first place
(Trade Unions currently complaining about proposals that London weighting might be taken away from people working remotely who don't live in London!)

As someone who works in local government HR, many, many people here are still overpaid compared to small businesses in the private sector. Notice you've not mentioned how local government workers had a 2% backdated pay increase last October, despite being in a massive pandemic where a million other people had lost their jobs and ten plus million furloughed.

I would love to live in a world where there is a Jeremy Corbyn, Magic money tree in every corner, there had been no global financial crisis a decade ago and no ongoing worldwide pandemic.
Wtf, 2% after a couple of years of 1% crumbs, after a decade of 0% pay freeze, with prospects of more pay freezes.

HR is a bigger stain than the union, absolute shambles. Can't recruit properly, can't dismiss properly, spend more time advising on tribunal prevention than anything else, giving unions easy wins and allowing them to run riot with stupid cases that should never have gotten there in the first place.

I'm a paying union member who is the first to call out union nonsense and fighting shitty battles, but pay and pension is not one them.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:49 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is here
Quote:

Without doubt you've been giving back all your insane overpayments then as you feel so principled about being paid far too much?
There is a magic money tree in every corner it appears if you happen to be a Tory benefactor or a mate of a Tory who somehow got awarded a multi-million pound contract without any due diligence or prior experience. We also somehow found a magic money tree to fund people to eat out on the state whilst thousands are having to use foodbanks to survive.
Are you seriously arguing that care workers in local government, as one example, were/are insanely overpaid?
Old 02-10-2021, 03:14 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
We're all c~nts who deserve nothing less than chronic anal trauma simply for existing, Steve.
It was a slightly tongue in cheek post, Brett. However, we have experienced some appalling treatment at the hands of people who appear to have no customer services skills whatsoever.
Old 02-10-2021, 03:50 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Even worse for those outsourced before and after 2010.
Old 02-10-2021, 03:56 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
I set up a Russian Monarchy thread just for him - it has all his trigger points...

...I don't know what more I can do.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 02-10-2021, 04:20 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Rishi must have found the magic money tree. He’s truly ****ed up the economy for good
Old 02-10-2021, 04:36 PM

Quote:

So itís ok for the richest 1000 to get a 300% increase in wealth while public sector workers get a 25% wage cut? And in the last year billionaires have massively increased their wealth?

Your crass caricatures of local government workers is shameful and its appalling you work in HR with those attitudes. Many are very hard working, and many very low paid.