Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 22-07-2019, 08:22 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
Can we stop playing anyone at Lords please. Get beaten there far too often.
Ireland there on Wednesday
Old 22-07-2019, 08:23 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Still tix left for 4th day at Oval and Edgbaston
Old 22-07-2019, 08:51 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Still tix left for 4th day at Oval and Edgbaston
Amazed that Edgbaston Day 4 tix are available, considering it’s a Sunday. Good chance of seeing a result.

I have Day 3 tix. Am forcing myself to drive there & back in a day for my own benefit. Staying over for T20 Finals Day though
Old 22-07-2019, 09:16 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Amazed that Edgbaston Day 4 tix are available, considering it’s a Sunday. Good chance of seeing a result.

I have Day 3 tix. Am forcing myself to drive there & back in a day for my own benefit. Staying over for T20 Finals Day though
Yes I was surprised. £95 ‘restricted view’. Never been to Edge but can’t imagine many test grounds with badly restricted views.
Old 23-07-2019, 09:49 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Smith and Warner playing on opposite sides in the Aus v Aus game so fans can boo both teams.
Old 23-07-2019, 10:10 AM

Cambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Top work Lymps..

I posted on another thread, but my best XI currently would be

Roy
Burns
Bairstow
Root (C)
Stokes
Buttler (wkt)
Woakes
Ali
Broad
Archer
Anderson

If all fit!
Woakes ahead of Moeen?

Also Bairstow doesn't tend to bat higher than 5 and his record above 5 in tests isn't great. Averages 31.75 in 8 innings with 1 hundred. Averages 37.38 in 60 innings with 5 hundreds and 19 50s batting at 5 or below.

I grant that 8 innings batting at 4 or higher isn't a lot to go on but if he's keeping wicket I think he's better off batting 5 or lower just to give him a bit of time off. You've not got him as wicket keeper but realistically he will be behind the stumps.

The annoying thing with England's line up is that you've picked the best 11 players currently available, however none of those 11 is going to be batting at 3 realistically, unless Roy bats there and then you need another opener.

Which means leaving out Woakes, so you can pick a number 3. Which means Denley or Sibley with Roy at 3. It would be much better if Root would bat at 3.

Last edited by Cambridge Eagle; 23-07-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 23-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Archer missing first test almost certainly.
Old 23-07-2019, 11:38 AM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Teams for the Australian warm up.

Hick XII: Joe Burns, Cameron Bancroft, Steve Smith, Peter Handscomb, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine (c, wk), Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Jackson Bird, Chris Tremain, Nathan Lyon

Haddin XII: David Warner, Marcus Harris, Kurtis Patterson, Travis Head (c), Marnus Labuschagne, Will Pucovski, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins, Mitch Starc, Peter Siddle, Josh Hazlewood, Jon Holland.

It sounds like the process for selecting the teams was similar to what you would do in a PE lesson or at the park.
Old 23-07-2019, 12:04 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Archer missing first test almost certainly.
Is he injured?
Old 23-07-2019, 12:05 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
Teams for the Australian warm up.

Hick XII: Joe Burns, Cameron Bancroft, Steve Smith, Peter Handscomb, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine (c, wk), Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Jackson Bird, Chris Tremain, Nathan Lyon

Haddin XII: David Warner, Marcus Harris, Kurtis Patterson, Travis Head (c), Marnus Labuschagne, Will Pucovski, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins, Mitch Starc, Peter Siddle, Josh Hazlewood, Jon Holland.

It sounds like the process for selecting the teams was similar to what you would do in a PE lesson or at the park.
Would be good to boo both teams....
Old 24-07-2019, 12:03 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Neither, compared to beating Ireland in the next fixture
I won't lie, I don't really understand the minority garrison sport of cricket and engerland may well come back & win the match v Ireland (or abandon it due to heat/send in the army) but I'm prepared to take any flak if I'm premature in bumping your post, Timbo.
Old 24-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I was having a conversation with Razor, I'm actually quietly confident!

Following Sunday's high, a get together at Burton

A proper competitive fixture against the Irish, who will be champing at the bit..

I used to criticise the stuffed shirts brigade of old, but with the whole country in the crest of a wave, we're ticking over nicely..

I'm fully aware that if it all comes crashing down then it's all my fault
Erm..

Temporary aberration?

Players pissed?

Let's hope they get this out of there system..

Fair play to the Irish
Old 25-07-2019, 12:16 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Has Tim Paine been sacked yet? Way too nice.
Old 25-07-2019, 11:42 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Day 3 in Manchester for me
Old 27-07-2019, 11:10 AM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
The first test squad has been announced. Archer is included while Buttler and Stokes return. Stokes will also be vice-captain again.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-07-2019, 11:27 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bit surprised Moeen is in there. Continuity I guess

Who is missing out in this squad?
Old 27-07-2019, 12:01 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Bit surprised Moeen is in there. Continuity I guess

Who is missing out in this squad?
Jack Leach, our best opener in years, and probably our best spinner. But to be fair, Mo has bowled very well over the past few English summers, its just his batting that has disappointed of late. I think he'll get two Tests to perform.
Old 27-07-2019, 12:11 PM
moving forward

Forecast looks iffy for Edgbaston
Old 28-07-2019, 06:15 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Interesting batting averages from our boys...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Cricket wanker.
Old 29-07-2019, 12:01 AM
moving forward

Steve Waugh on why Australia haven’t won here since 2001:

"We've come up against some really good England sides in those last 18 years. We've had some tight series and moments when we could have won the series, probably a bit like the other way round for England in that period where they lost a lot."

Hopefully more incendiary comments to come