Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 07-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Anonymous Coward

LimeWire Question

Hi. I was just wondering what everyone thought about LimeWire and whether its any good or not?

I have been using WinMX but that stopped working, and dont want to use Kazaa or iMesh etc, as they seem to come attached with all spyware and shit. Will I have the same problem with LimeWire, or shall i believe it when it says it comes bundled with No attached rubbish?

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Anonymous Coward

does not come bundled (if you get the pro version), but like all P2P stuff, slow as feck.. and the idiots have realised they can put spam adverts out there under fake file names..so your lovely Angelina Jolie nude download is more than likeky an advert for a iPod!
avoid..pay £3.99 an month and sign up for a usenet feed and get all the software,music,films,etc (assuming you have a reasonable connection speed) To view the link you have to Register or Login To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 08-03-2005, 05:11 PM
chemical olympics

humpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: LimeWire Question

Quote:
Originally posted by thegoat2
Hi. I was just wondering what everyone thought about LimeWire and whether its any good or not?

I have been using WinMX but that stopped working, and dont want to use Kazaa or iMesh etc, as they seem to come attached with all spyware and shit. Will I have the same problem with LimeWire, or shall i believe it when it says it comes bundled with No attached rubbish?

Thanks!
yeah, whats happened to winmx, i can search but not D/L. has it been shut down or something

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Jedi Master

bobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think you are all going to have to face facts and

pay for your music.

The path to the Dark Side.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:15 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
I'd be extremely careful with using Limewire, or indeed any other p2p application that uses the gnutella network.

Most of the individuals recently prosecuted for sharing files online were frequent users of either Limewire, Bearshare and Grokster.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:15 PM
chemical olympics

humpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
well someone is uploading from me

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-03-2005, 05:16 PM
chemical olympics

Quote:
Originally posted by bobmatt

pay for your music.

i do mate, i only use P2P to get deleted or rare tracks that are no longer available for purchase

Old 08-03-2005, 05:17 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by bobmatt

pay for your music.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:20 PM
No longer of Hove

lauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Limewire gave me trojan horses, worms etc.
"Football is an incredible bond. People donít understand it. You donít understand it yourself. When you fall in love at four years old, before you know about anything, the first thing you fall in love with is a football team, itís an undying love. It canít be broken. You canít change football teams."
Old 08-03-2005, 05:21 PM
chemical olympics

i only ever used limewire on my old mac

Old 08-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by lauren_of_hove
Limewire gave me worms
Too much information
Old 08-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Not that I am condoning downloading music but try emule:

To view the link you have to Register or Login