Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 14-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Banned by Moderators

007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Windows\System32\Config\System Corrupt or Missing

anybody know what to do, my other computer wont load up, it just keeps coming up with this.

i press run windows normally and it comes up with Windows\System32\Config\System Corrupt or Missing

i pressed run from last known point and it comes up with Windows\System32\Config\System Corrupt or Missing

my computer wont start what do i do????
Old 14-11-2005, 11:08 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

reinstall windows.
Old 14-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I'm guessing this is caused by a failing hard drive or a VIRUS!

Use your Windows XP disk, boot from that, take the option to install windows, then when it says something like 'there is already a copy of windows on this partition' or whatever take the 'R' option to do a recovery.

Don't go into recovery console - it won't help you.

If a repair doesn't work then just re-install windows 'over the top' of the existing partition (don't go and format it or anything!!!!). Most things will still work
Old 14-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
PS: Ensure you have your license key handy before embarking on this.
Old 15-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Banned by Moderators

007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
thanks guys,

i don't actually have the xp disk. what shall i do?

Last edited by 007; 15-11-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 15-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ring up the people you brought it from and get one.
Old 15-11-2005, 05:32 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
I don't get how on earth companies can get away with not providing a XP disc!!! I know why they do it, but surely if you've paid for the operating system you should get the disc too? Luckily we got an XP CD with ours, thats helped out many a time when I've been forced to fix the computer!
Old 15-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Banned by Moderators

you make it sound obvious
Old 15-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Banned by Moderators

i got mine from pc world about 4 years ago don't remember getting a disk
Old 15-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would get on the phone to their help desk then.

Good luck
Old 15-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Banned by Moderators

would they be able to tell wether they gave me one
Old 16-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

Oh come on, there must be someone at your school or college or a neighbour or someone who could lend you a CD? You need to use your imagination
Old 16-11-2005, 05:19 PM

stevie101 is playing for a contract
It certainly sounds like a re-install. However...
You say you 'normally' press run. I guess you mean 'start windows normally' which leads me to believe that this is happening a lot. I trust you only have 1 OS on there ? I would seriously enable SMART on your hard drive if available from your BIOS. Sounds to me like you may have a hard drive on its way out.
Old 16-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels
Oh come on, there must be someone at your school or college or a neighbour or someone who could lend you a CD? You need to use your imagination
boy in my class is lending me one for 2 !! stingy , getting it on friday. computers life hangs in the balance