Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:55 AM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Major iTunes problem

The computer on whichI have my iTunes library (around 17,000) songs has finally given up the ghost. I have a laptop, which does not have iTunes on it. Is there anyway that I can copy my iTunes library over (from my iPod Classic)so that I can add / delete music to it? REALLY don't want to have to start from scratch on a new computer.

Unfortunately everything I have seen on the net seems to need me being able to access my current iTunes - this isn't an option.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by 100% Palace; 07-10-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Same thing happened to me a while ago. Sort of. Dad wiped iTunes off the laptop a few years ago when I was living at home. Took a while for his cuts and bruises to heal.

Anyway, my sisters (now ex-) boyfriend was a bit of a techy whizz, and he downloaded something from the internet which copied all your tunes back off your iPod, onto the laptop, then downloaded iTunes again and copied them over.

At one point it didn't look like it was going to work, and that it had just wiped my iPod completely, but it did in the end.

That's about as much as I know. Sorry I can't be more help. Try a bit more googling, there is stuff out there. Don't ask in an Apple shop, because you're not 'allowed' to do this, apparently

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I had a similar problem and I think I used Podworks to copy the songs back from my Ipod to my Mac/PC. I could be wrong - give it a google and check. I would but I'm about to head out for the day (and Im lazy)
Old 07-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Google podutil
Old 07-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Or iDump
Old 07-10-2010, 09:36 AM

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
iDump is very good, but it does sometimes mess up file names and the like.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:02 AM

jx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittens
lol!

iDump!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=olm7xC-gBMY
Old 02-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Banned by Moderators

movingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100% Palace
The computer on whichI have my iTunes library (around 17,000) songs has finally given up the ghost. I have a laptop, which does not have iTunes on it. Is there anyway that I can copy my iTunes library over (from my iPod Classic)so that I can add / delete music to it? REALLY don't want to have to start from scratch on a new computer.

Unfortunately everything I have seen on the net seems to need me being able to access my current iTunes - this isn't an option.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Is the computer dead or is the hardrive dead? Its very easy to recover anything off of the harddrive if its spining up
Old 02-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Senuti is what I use.

I can grab songs of mates' iPods when they're round my house as well.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...
Old 02-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
I recommend sharepod.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:17 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I recommend backing up
Old 03-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I recommend not using iTunes.

I dread to think how many search results you'd get if you put 'iTunes' AND 'problem' into this forum's search engine.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:21 PM

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I recommend not using iTunes.

I dread to think how many search results you'd get if you put 'iTunes' AND 'problem' into this forum's search engine.
I've used itunes for years and have never had a single problem.

Then again my itunes library is backed up.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Old 03-11-2010, 11:31 PM

as216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego way
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscillateWildly
I've used itunes for years and have never had a single problem.

Then again my itunes library is backed up.
Where do you back all yours up? Do you have an external HD for it?

I have my entire library on a 1TB external hard drive and also the whole lot on my iPod classic (about 16000 songs). Hopefully I won't be unlucky enough to have both of these break down on me at the same time and if the HD goes I can always get the stuff off the iPod using Mediawidget which is what I've used before.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by as216
Where do you back all yours up? Do you have an external HD for it?

I have my entire library on a 1TB external hard drive and also the whole lot on my iPod classic (about 16000 songs). Hopefully I won't be unlucky enough to have both of these break down on me at the same time and if the HD goes I can always get the stuff off the iPod using Mediawidget which is what I've used before.
Same as you; external hard drive and on an ipod classic. I would also have the entire library across my ipod touch and ipad as well I should think.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:04 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Wonder if anyone can help, got a problem with I tunes

The store will not open n says its not avaliable at this time but on my laptop it works fine.. any ideas?