Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 25-12-2007, 08:04 AM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Going Wireless

Seeing as this is a subject I know absolutely nothing about, I turn to the bbs for help.

Now I have a wii and an xbox 360 (and also the fact I want to move my pc to a room with no phone socket) I want to go wireless for my broadband connection (Tiscali if that makes any difference).

Only problem is, I have no idea what I need or how to go about it!

I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.
Old 25-12-2007, 11:38 AM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Are you on cable or ADSL (ie does your broadband come through the telephone line)?

If cable you will need a wireless router, if ADSL you will need a wireless router/modem.

The Wii will connect wirelessly but the XBOX needs to be wired. Best if you can just plug it into the router but if not then you will either need to purcahse the XBox wireless adapter or a bridge.

For the PC you can either buy a USB wireless dongle, a bridge or a card that goes in the computer.

So in short it depends on how you are going to set it all up and whats in each room.
Old 25-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Jack Bauer

Highbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm on Tiscali and set up on Wireless. Piss of piss.

This link is quite handy in finding out what you need.

To view the link you have to Register or Login