Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-09-2018, 07:46 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Eagle View Post
Why is it block E fault nobody has ever ask me to move.
It isn't.........yet.
Old 22-09-2018, 07:48 PM

Salad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
People around me in Block D singing "there's only one Mike Ashley". Cringe.
I joined in with this. I just got carried away in the moment.

I'm sorry.
Old 22-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilvy View Post
I have always tried to be even handed in my comments whilst supporting the return of the HF but block e today (unsure if it’s every week as I hadn’t looked previously) but the front 5 rows stand, then all the rest sit. Are you fcing kiddin me?

The four rows behind the standers, sit all game and watch the arses of the guys standing. You are fighting and moaning that the HF would ruin your match day experience by moving to the back and having standing at the back?

Total joke and it’s all of block E, those at the back want to sit and have a great view, the front stands, and the middle are either shouted at to sit or spend the game bum watching...
To view the link you have to Register or Login Shot taken from row 29 of Block E this afternoon during the game. Kinda gives the lie to the tale that everyone behind the first five rows spends the whole 90 minutes sat on their backsides...
Old 22-09-2018, 07:55 PM

mrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Eagle View Post

Why is it block E fault nobody has ever ask me to move if they had asked me and put me in a reasonable seat i would probably move
Last club statement on the subject did ask if there were any fans in E willing to volunteer to move, on the basis that the club would do their very best to relocate as best as possible.

(Totally understand that people would stay put of course as alternatives probably won't be as good a view, and you might as well see if club offer incentives etc)
Old 22-09-2018, 08:11 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Trust me wouldn't be a good veiw being behind hf done it at away games a few times block e fans will have to make a decision do they move or hope the singing section won't effect there way of watching the game to much. Might be a idea to go to a away game like Brighton saints Chelsea ect go to back were it is lively and see if it is your cup of tea because if you stay put then after 2 3 games you don't like it there might not be to many seats to move to.also where hf go you get fans who want to be near them so you get 2 3 standing to 1 seat it reAly is for the younger fan .
Old 22-09-2018, 08:19 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Rome View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login Shot taken from row 29 of Block E this afternoon during the game. Kinda gives the lie to the tale that everyone behind the first five rows spends the whole 90 minutes sat on their backsides...
Cracking photo, did you get all excited when everyone stood up and think I’m capturing that!
I’m sure there are moments, but do you not find it ridiculous that the front 5 rows stand all game, the rest sit??
Old 22-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by les aigles View Post
“Obviously it’s not as loud,” said Wayne Hennessey after Crystal Palace’s last home game, a 2-0 defeat by Southampton, when asked about the absence of their famed ‘ultras’.

“It’s disappointing they’re not there because they would’ve given us a good lift, a good boost even when we were losing and especially when we were shooting towards that end. I know they’re not there anymore and there is conflict – but we won’t go into that. They are a miss at the moment.”
So what? As has been rightly pointed out, our home form since promotion in 2013 has been appalling. The atmosphere clearly has little or no tangible beneficial impact on our actual results on the pitch.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365

Last edited by Robson; 22-09-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 22-09-2018, 08:31 PM

les aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
So what? As has been rightly pointed out, our home form since promotion in 2013 has been appalling. The atmosphere clearly has little or no tangible beneficial impact on our actual results on the pitch.
Hennessey is saying that it would have given them a 'boost' so they are clearly affected to some extent.

Agree that our home form is not as good as it should be. Would a vociferous crowd have turned a draw into a win today? who knows.
Perhaps a proper singing section to really make the most of the atmosphere can help turn the home form around?

Last edited by les aigles; 22-09-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 22-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilvy View Post
Cracking photo, did you get all excited when everyone stood up and think I’m capturing that!
I’m sure there are moments, but do you not find it ridiculous that the front 5 rows stand all game, the rest sit??
Nice snide comeback there...

And you wonder why some of us in E block are getting pi**ed off with being portrayed as the villains here.

Sure, we don't spend all 90 minutes stood up, but nor do we sit there determinedly all game refusing to join in, as so many of the HF apologists on here would like to have people believe.

And that's why I made a point of taking this shot today. I'm sure it won't cut any ice with the people leading the E block witch hunt, but perhaps some of the more reasonable members of the BBS will see it and realise that the situation with the support in E block isn't as black and white as some like to paint it.
Old 22-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

And you wonder why some of us in E block are getting pi**ed off with being portrayed as the villains here.

Sure, we don't spend all 90 minutes stood up, but nor do we sit there determinedly all game refusing to join in, as so many of the HF apologists on here would like to have people believe.

And that's why I made a point of taking this shot today. I'm sure it won't cut any ice with the people leading the E block witch hunt, but perhaps some of the more reasonable members of the BBS will see it and realise that the situation with the support in E block isn't as black and white as some like to paint it.
How many times.... READ THE THREAD TITLE. It's about having a singing section in E block. No one is stopping you or me standing and singing for 90 mins when the time comes. Unfortunately there are not many who have the will or want to do that. The HF may have brought the issue to a head but some of us in E block want it to happen for the good of the atmosphere.

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15

Last edited by Davy64; 22-09-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 22-09-2018, 09:10 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
What utter nonsense

Jesus Christ I know some people appear to be bigger fans of the HF than they are of the club but it's getting ridiculous now

Our home form has been poor for years, not just the last 3 games.

Trying to suggest the players are being affected by their absence is ridiculous

Quoting certain parts of posts doesn’t make your reply factual.

Hope that helps - just for future reference.
Old 22-09-2018, 09:21 PM

Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
At least Clive and Ian can watch the game from their seats in row 22 Block E whilst discussing the warranty on their respective Ford Mondeos and the fuel consumption that factors in a bi-monthly trip to Asda’s in Cheam.
They were heard in other blocks as well. Other problems were overheard.
Old 22-09-2018, 09:23 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Nice view. I can see why the HF want those seats.
Old 22-09-2018, 09:45 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:

I think there's been a few wind ups on this thread but this isn't nor should be an HF v Block E scenario. The fact that E has a better view than B is irrelevant to the HF, the only real reason the want to stand there is to hopefully create a better atmosphere, however I think most Palace fans can see how it may seem like that's the case and would expect the club to deal with this as sympathetically as possible.

I think there needs to be a bit more understanding and empathy from everyone involved to get the best outcome. The HF have proved their point now so should return to block B this season, but next season it should really be made clear by the club that the back part of blocks D, E and maybe F will be singing areas, hopefully coinciding with safe standing being introduced. If any of those currently in these blocks want to be part of it then great but it must be made clear that fans will be standing and singing.
Old 22-09-2018, 10:02 PM
Ealing Eagle

webgardJR is south London and proudwebgardJR is south London and proudwebgardJR is south London and proudwebgardJR is south London and proudwebgardJR is south London and proudwebgardJR is south London and proudwebgardJR is south London and proudwebgardJR is south London and proudwebgardJR is south London and proudwebgardJR is south London and proudwebgardJR is south London and proud
I think you've put this the best way possible. We need the HF back ASAP. the Holmesdale singing section can be sorted next season, especially now that the "sting" of making people leave their seats has been basically nullified.
Old 22-09-2018, 10:07 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
I think there's been a few wind ups on this thread but this isn't nor should be an HF v Block E scenario. The fact that E has a better view than B is irrelevant to the HF, the only real reason the want to stand there is to hopefully create a better atmosphere, however I think most Palace fans can see how it may seem like that's the case and would expect the club to deal with this as sympathetically as possible.

I think there needs to be a bit more understanding and empathy from everyone involved to get the best outcome. The HF have proved their point now so should return to block B this season, but next season it should really be made clear by the club that the back part of blocks D, E and maybe F will be singing areas, hopefully coinciding with safe standing being introduced. If any of those currently in these blocks want to be part of it then great but it must be made clear that fans will be standing and singing.
What a load of old bollocks
Old 22-09-2018, 10:13 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
What a load of old bollocks
I'm struggling to see the understanding and empathy in your post.

Old 22-09-2018, 10:15 PM

01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
100% correct

Maybe the HF has a few good strikers in their midst,that would be good for the club

Singers NO benefit

COYP
Old 22-09-2018, 10:20 PM

01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post

You cant make people sing,
will everyone be auditioned for singing strength and quality,will certificates be issued to everyone that passes

This must be a joke thread

COYP
Old 22-09-2018, 10:26 PM

Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01CPFC View Post
[/U][/B]

You cant make people sing,
will everyone be auditioned for singing strength and quality,will certificates be issued to everyone that passes

This must be a joke thread

COYP
Yes but there’ll be a loud drum and hundreds constantly singing and maybe bobbing up and down so if you stay you’ll want to move if that’s not to your taste.