Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:27 AM

Sewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Offer existing central section season ticket holders first choice of seats in the new stand at no extra cost and you might persuade them to move. But that would mean the club losing revenue and then we'd see how much they are behind the HF.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:29 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
Why would friends or family have to be separated?

Why would they end up in inferior seats?

Two pretty big assumptions...

And the language of being "forced out" is emotive, people have a choice, it is a different choice to what has been on offer previously but it's a choice. If you don't want to be forced out as you say then you can retain the bit of plastic that you rent for 1,700 minutes a year.
So where are these free seats in the ground that displaced fans can move to; with as good views of the football as those fans currently have?

And sorry - but it is being forced out. Fans have sat in those seats since the stand was built. Their initial long term season tickets paid for the stand to be built. The club have said that if you purchase a season ticket, you can retain that seat every season. If they are unable to stand for the whole match (which, incidentally, is against the ground regulations) they will have to move.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 05-09-2018, 09:30 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewell's lob View Post
Offer existing central section season ticket holders first choice of seats in the new stand at no extra cost and you might persuade them to move. But that would mean the club losing revenue and then we'd see how much they are behind the HF.
Yes, but what about between now and when the new stand opens? (I'm not sure they'd even have to be free if the New Stand were there - they could be at LH prices, for example.)

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:32 AM
Now cough, please

HOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe. But if we're talking revenue, if something like the HF 'vision' was pulled off, Selhurst would be sold out and packed every game.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:35 AM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
So where are these free seats in the ground that displaced fans can move to; with as good views of the football as those fans currently have?

And sorry - but it is being forced out. Fans have sat in those seats since the stand was built. Their initial long term season tickets paid for the stand to be built. The club have said that if you purchase a season ticket, you can retain that seat every season. If they are unable to stand for the whole match (which, incidentally, is against the ground regulations) they will have to move.
There will be people forced out of their seats in the Main Stand when that is redeveloped and they probably won't be able to afford the more central seats in the new stand as they will be priced for the corporate market. That is progress and the idea behind it is to increase the club's income. Are you against the new main stand too?
Old 05-09-2018, 09:36 AM

janerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
The free season tickets wouldn’t cost the club that much, relatively speaking.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
There will be people forced out of their seats in the Main Stand when that is redeveloped and they probably won't be able to afford the more central seats in the new stand as they will be priced for the corporate market. That is progress and the idea behind it is to increase the club's income. Are you against the new main stand too?
I hope the club will do something to support fans in that position.

I haven't even said I'm against this - I've just said that there are still significant unanswered questions.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:38 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
In the Directors box since promotion in 2013, fans were asked to pay for the replacement padded seat if they wanted to stay in the same place, face large price rises on more than one occasion, and the club have not allowed anything other than renewals so if you want friends or family to buy a new season ticket there it is not allowed.

This IMO is a subtle attempt to try and free up seats for match by match sale ticket sales which is more lucrative than season tickets.

In the Whitehorse, if you don't have a child in your group, then the price has gone up significantly. Some fans there have been there since before it was ever designated a family stand, but are now being penalised for not having a child. It is felt this move was an attempt to encourage season ticket holders to move elsewhere, the make space for more families, however those fans feel there isn't anywhere 'good' to move to with their friends, so have to suck up the increase.

I am sure holes can be picked in the above examples however they are examples where the club is trying to shoehorn in either replacement corporates, or move long term fans in favour of families. This is a scheme in favour of singers.

I also hope the HF and club now sort something out between themselves.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 05-09-2018, 09:40 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
In the final paragraph of the HF's latest statement it states that 'the chairman agreed to it'

If this is the case then why was this not taken forward as a genuine proposal? Did someone else veto it on other grounds?

I don't know of many organisations that do not follow through with a chairman/CE's vision unless it is undeliverable for other reasons
We don't know as the full story has still to emerge.

I'm guessing the club was hopeful safe standing would be introduced and therefore it would have been easier to plan this and not inconvenience the sitters. They could have then allocated c200 seats to the HF and filled the remainder on a first come first served basis.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 05-09-2018, 09:43 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
As ST holders in the AW we were shifted out of the stand completely for the arrival of the likes of Brighton, Millwall, Sheffield Utd, West Ham Utd & Norwich City when they were sold the whole stand.

Then when the club finally ran out of patience with the away end and the Holmesdale chucking things at each other, they shifted them down the other end of the ground meaning we were bumped again.

Then they installed that fooking gantry.

I still go. I'm either a mug (possible) or a fan.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:44 AM
Borderline lunacy

I'm not sure "we've shat on other fans before, so what's the problem with doing it again" is the most compelling argument ever.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:46 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
It's the Palace way.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:47 AM
Borderline lunacy

Old 05-09-2018, 09:52 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
I don't sit in the gallery, I sit at the top of the Upper Tier. Not hugely popular seats - they usually go unsold for early round cup games when the whole ground has complete free access to choose them. For those early round cup games I usually move forward about 10 rows to better seats.

If the HF really wanted to take over a block at the top of the Upper Tier, yes I'd move with my family and two other close friends we sit with. If the upper tier was re-set in the way it is proposed to do to the lower tier, my 23 years of the same season ticket there would mean we'd probably get to move to better seats than I currently have nearer the front but which until now I've never bothered moving to because I've always sat in a group.
Apologies - Getting you confused with someone else.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:54 AM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
We have two upper Holmesdale season tickets which we are quite prepared to give up to go into a singing section.
Having read the 'brochure' I am quite excited by it.

Nobody should feel rejected about moving out, but I fully understand if they do. I just hope they keep an open mind and look at the other areas in the ground with just as good visiblility. We as a club will all benefit from this in the long run. However. those feeling displaced should also be listed as first choicers for seats in the new stand when it is built.

Change is horrible but if it is for the greater good of the team, which I believe it will be .....

I am not trying to stoke the debate here, just putting my genuine point of view, I am not known for changing my point of view so whilst they may be attacked on here, I will not be contributing to this debate again.

Last edited by Eaglefoz; 05-09-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:57 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I'm not sure "we've shat on other fans before, so what's the problem with doing it again" is the most compelling argument ever.
I'm not sure the 'it's mine forever' is working either.

On the long term season tickets t&c's the club has covered off that they may at some time choose to move you, like it or not, for all manner of reasons, including "in the best interests of the club" (which is for them to judge). They are wavering, which in your situation is a positive sign that they wouldn't do something like this without the utmost measured consideration.

People have been moved before for tv camera stands, away fan relocation, wheelchair sections, installation of boxes and will be for the Main Stand because someone will simply pay more money for that same seat position.

I totally understand your reasons to be stubborn about this, however nothing stays the same forever, you haven't bought a 999 year debenture in the Albert Hall.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 05-09-2018, 10:00 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:

On the long term season tickets t&c's the club has covered off that they may at some time choose to move you, like it or not, for all manner of reasons, including "in the best interests of the club" (which is for them to judge). They are wavering, which in your situation is a positive sign that they wouldn't do something like this without the utmost measured consideration.

People have been moved before for tv camera stands, away fan relocation, wheelchair sections, installation of boxes and will be for the Main Stand because someone will simply pay more money for that same seat position.

I totally understand your reasons to be stubborn about this, however nothing stays the same forever, you haven't bought a 999 year debenture in the Albert Hall.
I'm not being stubborn - I'm simply saying that there are unanswered questions; and in the midst of all this we shouldn't pretend or ignore the fact that some fans would be adversely affected (and have every reason to be pissed off).

Old 05-09-2018, 10:07 AM
Collecting Palace tat

That's fine, I'm sure there would be ample time for the unanswered questions to be answered in any process.

I would hope that you would not consider to be adversely affected at the end of all of this.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:09 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
How the feck did I miss this thread?

Now I have hours or reading
Old 05-09-2018, 10:10 AM
18 years for 3,670 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Yes and quite possibly this is the problem. CPFC are damned if they do and damned if they dont.
They have the T&C's there I believe to make changes but the "Customer Service" angle means it doesn't sit well with those that are impacted.

In this ever changing world perhaps the T&C's need to change to be in a sense all encompassing stating that you've bought an ST but thats all you've done...its our property, our seat and we can refuse entry , change your seat ...etc etc...like it or lump it.

In those circumstances no matter how long (or short) you've had your seat - how loyal you've been, whatever...please note its our way or no way.